PDA

View Full Version : The 190+mph, 2000 miles to the tank diesel supercar

SWOHFAL
May 03, 2014, 05:28
http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20140502-the-diesel-supercar-made-real

TheRussian
May 03, 2014, 08:52
I am pretty heavy into Duramax's (I have a 575hp 1200 ft-lb torque Silverado) they are awesome engines (their design reads like a hot rod engine) but damn heavy, as almost all diesels (v8 anyway) are.
Will be interesting to see how that affects its handling, but this car sounds damn cool.
I have seem some "Duraburb" (Surburban and Tahoe) conversions.
In a 4500 lb Tahoe, you can roll on the loud pedal and do a rolling burn out at 40mph :shades: So in a lighter car? There is a Duramax Chevelle with a stock dmax running 11s
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/92VOUYSBiUQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Shit my truck runs 12s

EPC WN
May 03, 2014, 09:53
My bike runs a mid twelve. Only a speed junkie needs anything better. A diesel that runs 11s gives me a steel rod...

homelandprotector
May 03, 2014, 12:20
I am pretty heavy into Duramax's (I have a
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/92VOUYSBiUQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Shit my truck runs 12s

Holy Crap !! :uhoh::uhoh: Thanks dude Now I have abother project I need to do.. although, that set up in a sand rail would be the shit. :]

DYNOMIKE
May 03, 2014, 12:34
That Chevelle is pretty bad ass..
Much as I despise GM the Duramax is supposed to be a pretty good motor..
Still wouldn't by one..

The Older 7.3 P-Stroke could make 575hp easy but I think the 12 valve Dodge Diesels where the easiest to make crazy horsepower and torque numbers..
Been awhile sine I paid attention to that stuff though..

As far as a 12 second Bike that aint nuthin but a thing these days Pretty much any Sport Bike out there will run that off the showroom floor..

TheRussian
May 03, 2014, 14:14
I did a year of research before buying my truck, a 2005 Crewcab 4x4 Silverado.
The LLY has a couple easily fixed "flaws" then it is solid as can be.
I have done the following mods to mine

5" turbo back MBRP exhaust, AFE main turbo MP (Big fix for LLY), PCV Re-Route, ARE custom built camper top, EFI Live 5 tune by GA Diesel with Edge CTS Insight switching/controlling them, AFE intercooler tubes, EGR blocked, S&B intake, BD exhaust manifold, EGT Probe, Diamond Eye thermal wrapped down pipe, PPE Tie rod sleeves , Merchant Automotive transfer case plate, Cognito steering braces, Chrome H2 Wheels, 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers and AirDog II lift pump= 17mpg city, 24-25 highway
I am sure I forgot a few lol

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/MajorPrivate/newcampertop_zps2fb3df4f.jpg

Ned Flanders
May 03, 2014, 15:46
17mpg city, 24-25 highway

Are you getting those fuel numbers from the onboard computer or your own calculations by dividing miles driven by gallons pumped?

Drtrumpet
May 03, 2014, 16:31
Are you getting those fuel numbers from the onboard computer or your own calculations by dividing miles driven by gallons pumped?

I've found the ford computer to be dead nuts accurate. Don't know about the gm one.

TheRussian
May 03, 2014, 16:40

Definitely NOT by the onboard, as any deviation from stock makes that unreliable, I use an iPhone app called CarCare that tracks all maintenance, mileage etc. with Graphs, where I bought fuel via GPS, etc. every time I fill-up I enter the amount of fuel, cost, odometer reading etc, so it is a very true mathematically calculated amount.
My on-board thinks I am getting 22mpg avg lol..I wish:D