PDA

View Full Version : Jehu - wow

May 01, 2014, 04:40
http://www.keyway.ca/htm2003/20030622.htm

whilst sitting in church i read the story of Jehu for the first time. Jehu was a man of action.

Ahab's Family Killed
1 Now there were in Samaria seventy sons of the house of Ahab. So Jehu wrote letters and sent them to Samaria: to the officials of Jezreel, to the elders and to the guardians of Ahab's children.
6 Then Jehu wrote them a second letter, saying, "If you are on my side and will obey me, take the heads of your master's sons and come to me in Jezreel by this time tomorrow." Now the royal princes, seventy of them, were with the leading men of the city, who were rearing them.
7 When the letter arrived, these men took the princes and slaughtered all seventy of them. They put their heads in baskets and sent them to Jehu in Jezreel.

can't forget the followers of Baal

25 As soon as Jehu had finished making the burnt offering, he ordered the guards and officers: “Go in and kill them; let no one escape.” So they cut them down with the sword. The guards and officers threw the bodies out and then entered the inner shrine of the temple of Baal. 26 They brought the sacred stone out of the temple of Baal and burned it. 27 They demolished the sacred stone of Baal and tore down the temple of Baal, and people have used it for a latrine to this day.

28 So Jehu destroyed Baal worship in Israel.

augie1
May 01, 2014, 07:02
The plot line for an upcoming Hollywood summer action blockbuster, no doubt.

E5c03
May 01, 2014, 07:22
The Bible is full of genecidal tales

V guy
May 01, 2014, 14:52
Great shit there!

Baal--zebub--worship of evil is involved.

They had their queens:

"Jezebel" became associated with false prophets of Baal.

Wiki:
In some interpretations, her dressing in finery and putting on makeup before her death led to the association of use of cosmetics with "painted women" or prostitutes. According to Israel Finkelstein, professor of archaeology at Tel Aviv University,

Imagine Beyoncé or Madonna or Cyrus in their leather costumes, and you get the age old picture of the worship of Baal.

Classical sources relate how the Baal worshiping Carthaginians burned their children as offerings to Baal-hamon.

The belief that one can control or aid the powers of nature by the practice of black magic, human sacrifice, and sexuality might characterize part of the cult of the Baals and Astartes. Post-Exilic allusions to the cult of Baal-peor suggest that orgies prevailed.

Damn!!

"On the summits of hills and mountains flourished the cult of the givers of increase, and "under every green tree" was practised the licentiousness which was held to secure abundance of crops. Human sacrifice, the burning of incense, violent and ecstatic exercises, ceremonial acts of bowing and kissing, the preparing of sacred cakes (see also Asherah), appear among the offences denounced."

No wonder Jehu cleaned up most of their mess.

The Roman Empire is criticized for later on, destroying the City State of Carthage in about 500bc, located in North Africa.

The Centurions killed every man woman and child in Carthage.

I suspect that worship of Baal and the above practices just drove the Romans nuts, and they ended it............ until today in America.

Las Vegas would be termed Baal-Land today in the bible, I suspect.

martin35
May 01, 2014, 15:10
I would say the current exorcism underway worldwide of the Capitalism Cult is comparable to the exorcism of Baal in practice.