View Full Version : WTK: Mounting Hardware ID

December 15, 2013, 12:15
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know the name of the type of nut in this picture. I bought the same type of grip without the mounting hardware and am trying to see if I can locate a similar nut or fastener. It is a nut that is attached to rectangular piece of steel. Thanks:


December 15, 2013, 12:31
How about "Rectangular Flange Nut"?

Not a clue really, but I thought it a pretty good guess. :)

December 15, 2013, 12:36
Generally, I see those type of "captured nuts" in use where there are blind holes where access is very limited or denied. They are also in use with another piece of metal, possibly spring steel, to hold them in place. That nut you have in the pic seems to be one of these without the extra piece of steel. It may have been robbed from that and used in this particular instance or...........simply made for just this purpose. Can you simply take another nut and shape it like that one? It is shaped like that so you don't have to use a wrench on it, it seems. Good luck.


December 15, 2013, 21:36
One of two posibilities what you have. If is a "normal" nut with a wide should similar to a washer, then you are looking for a flange nut. If the purpose of the lip is to prevent rotation then a "stamped flang weld nut" will probably work.

Flange nut: http://www.lowes.com/Fasteners/Nuts/Standard-SAE-Flange-Nuts/_/N-1z0yk2m/pl#!

Stamped flange weld nut: http://www.jhpfasteners.com/stamped-flange-weld-slab-base-c-66_67_77_79-l-en.html