PDA

View Full Version : I messed up

Hebrew Battle Rifle
November 11, 2013, 17:59
I messed up.
On October 26, I made a deal with board member BLAIN for an AR15 Bolt Carrier Group. I then absolutely forgot about the deal. I have no excuse and offer none. On Novemeber 3 I contacted BLAIN and told him what I had done. He stated that he assumed that I had lost interest and sold the item to someone else. He offered a similar BCG and I stated that I would buy it. We agreed on a price and I promptly forgot about it again.
BLAIN sent a PM asking about the payment and when I logged on today, I found it and realized what I had done AGAIN!. I have a PM inbound to BLAIN asking what needs to be done to make things right. I am waiting on his response.

I am posting this for transparency sake. I have been a respected member of this board for a long time and I want to remain so. I offer no excuse and have no explanation. I apologize to BLAIN for my poor behavior and stand by my offer to make it right.

Respectfully

HBR

ftierson
November 11, 2013, 18:39
What was it that you 'bought,' HBR?

Sorry...

Couldn't help myself... :)

And you do have a good reputation here.

Forrest

Jolly Rodgers
November 11, 2013, 20:09
I'm pretty sure I saw this movie. Think it was called "50 First Dates" with Adam Sandler.

garyd1961
November 11, 2013, 20:24
I have been afraid I was going to do this and have forgotten for a couple of days before I remembered.

tigerfans2
November 11, 2013, 20:26
Well, they say the first thing to go is something.

TOWS220
November 11, 2013, 21:04
That is why I trust people here. Naive? Maybe, but it sure is better than the rest of society.

kfranz
November 11, 2013, 22:18
He said as long as you pay this time, promptly, and send member #101 $50 to make up for your forgetfulness, all would be good.

EPC WN
November 11, 2013, 22:39
Takes a man to man up when he's wrong. Some should take notes from HBR.

Hebrew Battle Rifle
November 11, 2013, 23:33
I received a PM from BLAIN with conditions to make things square again. Ordinarily my duties tomorrow would take me right past a USPO that has a lot big enough to accommodate my rig. But, as luck would have it, my route tomorrow takes me in a new part of Louisiana and I don't know if I can get to a USPO tomorrow for certain.
I will get this taken care of as quickly as I can and keep BLAIN and the board apprised of my progress.
I am grateful to BLAIN for setting reasonable conditions and the membership for cutting me some slack.

I sincerely thank you all
Respectfully;
HBR

jimmbob
November 11, 2013, 23:38
mebee tie a string around your finger, works for me:wink:

JoeLad
November 12, 2013, 09:02
I've done the same thing. I pledged to buy something on another firearms site that I don't visit as frequently. I promptly forgot about it. The next time I visited I noticed I had PMs waiting. WTF? The seller sent me several PMs, each one becoming angrier. It cost me negative feedback. I mean this was months later. He rightfully raked me over the coals in his scathing review. I felt like a complete turd.

So brother, you're not alone.

Bug Tussell
November 12, 2013, 21:12
The older I get the worse my attention span ...

Hey Look! A :fal:

2barearms
November 12, 2013, 23:04
The older I get the worse my attention span ...

Hey Look! A :fal:

My biggest failing, I can't remember and she can't forget.

FALonious
November 13, 2013, 06:35
HBR, You did right as most of us here on the Files would do....after all this aint no Arfcom. Thank you Sir! :bow:

On a side note....has Blain ever posted anywhere but in the MP?
I know he's not a contributor or a vendor. I wonder why not.

shlomo
November 13, 2013, 07:42
On a side note....has Blain ever posted anywhere but in the MP?
I know he's not a contributor or a vendor. I wonder why not.

I dunno, but...

His stuff is Primo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin:

croftonaviation
November 13, 2013, 08:07
Takes a man to man up when he's wrong. Some should take notes from HBR.

+1

This is a small life lesson I will share with my 15yo daughter.

Seaweed
November 13, 2013, 15:58
I wish I could remember why this sounds familiar...

Hebrew Battle Rifle
November 15, 2013, 19:26
PMO has been sent.

tac-40
November 17, 2013, 09:01
You did put a stamp on the envelope didn't ya?:D:D:bow::uhoh:

martin35
November 17, 2013, 10:30
I once sat through a 40 minute Thanksgiving sermon with my fly open,,, it just never occured to me,,, probably had other stuff on my mind,,, but Sister Sarah thought I was tryin' to make friends with her when I made change from her colletion plate.

jimmbob
November 17, 2013, 11:03
PMO has been sent.

You did put a stamp on the envelope didn't ya?:uhoh:

perfect :bow:

Tibodoe
November 17, 2013, 11:06
I can't believe it, I am like you old guys. Only 46 and the geriatric
plague has been transmitted through the keyboard! Hopefully the
honor and integrity will transmit just as easily. Good job HBR!