PDA

View Full Version : Idaho: Chinese Free Trade Zone

MajHenryWest
August 03, 2011, 13:51
What do our Idaho members think about this?

Is there more to this story that locals might know more about?

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/china-wants-to-construct-a-50-square-mile-self-sustaining-city-south-of-boise-idaho

martin35
August 03, 2011, 13:58
Frirst it was , and still is Mexicans without money now you tell me it is Chinamen with money,,, whats the world coming to?

idsubgun
August 03, 2011, 14:07
First I heard of it. Guess it's time to threaten.....er, talk to some of our local government peoples!

Tuscan Raider
August 03, 2011, 14:38
My wifes boss is a State Rep, so I have access to him on a daily basis.
A month or so ago I heard about this and asked him to look into this.

He said it's bunk. But.... I'm seeing this pop up again so I'll ask him about
it later to see if he came up with more info.

This would not go over well here.

Story
August 03, 2011, 14:52
From last month -

http://www.fnfal.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=311847

and

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=3150627#post3150627

justashooter
August 03, 2011, 15:25
the truth about the "special economic zones" is that they are "slave camps" in which labourers work 12-16 hour days in skilled and semi-skilled occupations 6-7 days a week for a pittance. most of the untermenchen enslaved there are college graduates with low level technology degrees that learned just enuf in kollege to be trusted with feeding the machines that do automated assembly of circuit boards.

the suicide rates are astronimical in these bait and switch cities, too remote from anything else to travel to in the little free time labourers have, and too expensive in relation to wages paid to do anything more in than sleep in the military barracks style gender divided dormitories attached to the factories.

what is keeping a generation of young chinese there? the shame of admitting to their parents that the great tech job they landed is just a gulag. this has been public knowledge for 5 years or more outside of china, and largely denied inside of china.

stubdog25
August 03, 2011, 17:36
It is true in one form or another. The details are just details. Here is a glimpse of the best work conditions the Chinese will be willing to give your children if they have the chance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqCstvuBYAI

And this is how they are willing to hurt your children if they are given the chance:

http://thisaintnews.com/view/video/105442/Chinese-men-beat-up---crush--the-hand-of-a-small-boy-in-China--GRAPHIC-

Illurian00
August 04, 2011, 13:52
idsubgun: " First I heard of it. Guess it's time to threaten.....er, talk to some of our local government peoples! "

Really subgun,,,we've been expecting reular updates on this,,,get crackin', or sumpin'....

martin35
August 04, 2011, 14:01
I heard Rosetta Stone the language tutorials company has filled a huge warehouse in Boise with Mandarin tapes and CDs.

idsubgun
August 04, 2011, 14:05
Originally posted by Illurian00
idsubgun: " First I heard of it. Guess it's time to threaten.....er, talk to some of our local government peoples! "

Really subgun,,,we've been expecting reular updates on this,,,get crackin', or sumpin'....

I doubt it's true for several reasons.

South of Boise has:

1) A huge Birds of Prey sanctuary.
2) Military base (Gowen Field).
3) State and private penitentiaries.
4) A huge military training facility for the Guard and regular Army (tanks, A10 Warthogs, helicopters, etc.)
5) The Snake River.
6) Sailor Creek (the U. S. Air Force's bombing range).
7) The Owyhees mountains and canyonlands that the Sierra Club (and others like them) won't even let you fart on without them getting all pissy.
8) Indian reservation(s).

And I'm sure I'm missing something but any one of those, and definately a combination of several, would stop any major development happening.
And I haven't heard a word about it but then, I don't watch the news either BUT something like this spreads word of mouth fairly fast around here if true.

one hand clapping
August 04, 2011, 14:15
those reasons you list are prolly exactrly why the chi coms want to put a military base, oops --I mean warehouse,and manufacturing center in.
I suspect there are battalions of em here already. [ just looking out for their collateral]

idsubgun
August 04, 2011, 14:19
I just sent emails to all my senators and representatives. We'll see what they have to say.

martin35
August 04, 2011, 14:44
Be on the lookout for orientals driving what looks like made in China 1938 Roadmaster Buicks,,, fleets of them.

lpo
August 04, 2011, 16:04
http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/7797-idaho-governor-selling-his-state-to-the-chinese

"Put simply, Idaho (and reportedly other states, as well) are offering the Chinese a way to dump their useless treasury bonds without sacrificing the strength of their clamp on the economic pipeline of American industry."

catmguy445
August 04, 2011, 20:56
I hadn't heard anything about this either, but that doesn't really surprise me. If the local politicians are busy selling out the citizens of Idaho, they probably wouldn't make much noise about it. I'm definitely going to send off some comments to Fulcher, Vander Woude, and Bayer and see what they have to say.

I wouldn't put this past Butch Otter. He's an idiot, and a slimy, underhanded one at that.

And all that stuff you mentioned is correct, subgun, but all that is pretty much immediately south of Boise. What's farther south, like down around the Nevada state line? Anything?

Illurian00
August 04, 2011, 21:34
one hand clapping: " those reasons you list are prolly exactrly why the chi coms want to put a military base, oops --I mean warehouse,and manufacturing center in.
I suspect there are battalions of em here already. [ just looking out for their collateral] "

I'm w/ onehand on this,,,,don't ask me if I'm paranoid,,,ask if I'm paranoid 'enough'.

idsubgun
August 04, 2011, 21:51
Originally posted by catmguy445
And all that stuff you mentioned is correct, subgun, but all that is pretty much immediately south of Boise. What's farther south, like down around the Nevada state line? Anything?

That's where the Indian reservation (Duck Valley), and a couple of protected canyonlands (Owyhee and Jarbridge).
Just north of those is Sailor Creek gunnery range for the USAF.

And a whole lot of fricking coyotes!! LOL!!

Illurian00
August 05, 2011, 01:13
Check Sailor creek. Then everything else.

idsubgun
August 05, 2011, 01:52
Originally posted by Illurian00
Check Sailor creek. Then everything else.

Doubt anything is happening out there. Sailor Creek and Gowen Field are two of the most busiest gunnery ranges in the U.S. Most of our people in both sandboxes have trained at one, or both, of those ranges.
Pilots from all over the U.S. and from around the world (NATO) train at those two facilities.
Mtn. Home AFB is right down the road, and they aren't going to give up their training range (Sailor Creek).
We have regular and reserve Army and Marines, and some Navy, at Gowen Field, Boise. We have a HUGE National Guard, with a detachment of A10 Warthogs, Apache and Blackhawk helicopters and tanks. Other states send their Guard here to train as well. So doubtful any military installations will be used for anything but training.
I grew up on USAF airbases so it's nice to see all these things flying around Boise. A10's and Apaches are a regular sight! Makes me feel safe! :biggrin:

Deltaten
August 05, 2011, 05:37
A "silver lining" moment......
The rampant growth of coyote packs would diminish!
;)

Illurian00
August 05, 2011, 10:37
So,,,if your going to start an internet rumour place it in a remote place that can't be verified , like Idaho maybe ?
Just once I'd like to run down one of these rumors, and put it to rest.

It either are or it ain't,,,keep your eyeballs peeled anyways....

Tuscan Raider
August 05, 2011, 14:11
Looking on google, please tell me those are American planes in revetments and an AF runway SSE of Bruneau.

idsubgun
August 05, 2011, 14:13
Originally posted by Tuscan Raider
Looking on google, please tell me those are American planes in revetments and an AF runway SSE of Bruneau.

Link????