PDA

View Full Version : 1977 William Shatner, 'Ancient aliens'

Letereat!
July 26, 2011, 07:34
Why not at this point:rolleyes:

Scert? This Documentary wont just unnerve you, it'll FLUCK YOU UP FOR LIFE!!
:uhoh: :uhoh:

For entertainment purposes only, not responsible if others claim you are "crazy", "jacked up" and such ;)

******** style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VnUy-naD0Yw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VnUy-naD0Yw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

alphadog58
July 26, 2011, 08:56
Have been recording the "Ancient Aliens" series. Some provocative evidence has been presented. Stonework thousands of years old that is impossible to create even with today's technology... Makes one wonder...
Larry

V guy
July 26, 2011, 11:29
The existence of such intricate stonework, is impossible to deny.

The stonework smacks of water jet technology-- and machines.

Egyptologists still claim that "Farouk and Kamael," the local boys, built the pyramids, in similar fashion.

We cannot do such work today.

Well, we could, but it would take 20 years, and 100 billion dollars to build just one pyramid.

MIT did not exist back then......... and the engineering technology and design parameters involved in the design, to allow for such things as passageways, trap doors, chambers, etc are simply beyond the "papyrus and scribe" crowd of the day.

The bible and its Old Testament story of the "giants" who came here and needed to be turned into pygmies, by us is clear. The Giants did not just die, they left their technology, and some working machines.

It IS odd that there is little recorded post glaciation history--12,000 years to 5,000 years ago, that would include the giants demise.

When the Ice Age began 30,000 years ago, modern man was already in existence. The possibility exists that we had civilizations 100,000-30,000 years ago and a grand die off of mankind happened, as the historic genetic record of us survivors today shows little genetic diversity, after 30,000 years ago.

It is obvious that the biblical "Manna Machine" that Moses used to keep the people of the Exodus alive in the desert was of extraterrestrial origin.

More to come for sure.
"Ammo up."

FAL freek
July 26, 2011, 13:37
Figured I drop this in before the conspiracy theorists show up. Couldn't watch more than 25 minutes of it without laughing because it's so riddled with inaccuracies.

Things I found wrong just watching it in that short time:

1) Earth is 4.5 billion years old not 5.5 billion
2) Oreopithicus only date back 9 million years not 12 million years
3) Aborigines were visited by the creator of the Milky Way but she didn't show them how to use the bow and arrow
4)Mayan tablet from Palenque showed one of their Emperors being born, not some space man at a console
5)Mayan hieroglyphs were of their gods not space men
6)The Hopi weren't the only people that built buildings in North America the Anasazi were doing it long before the Hopi were
7)Hopi legend of visitors from afar were the same as everywhere in North and South America from the Aztecs to Easter Island and their blond haired visitors returning legends.
8)Figures from Ecuador appear to be Moche type who got a good deal of their knowledge and culture from trading with the Mayans (to include pyramids)which explains the similarities
9)All stars don't have planets as stated by John Bellingham
10) Life hasn't been present on Earth for 4 billion years either
11)According to local legend Nan Madol was built by people from a nearby Island as well as some wizard (or space alien as stated in the show)
12)Incans were the Romans of South America their leaders like to build big to impress their subject not to signal the gods

The Hysterical Channel must have gotten the same folks that wrote that piece and used them for their current run of pop culture entertainment Ancient Aliens. If I could pick those out just from what I know surely the experts will be along shortly to find things I missed.

J308
July 26, 2011, 13:50
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and this don't even come close.

Otis Treekiller
July 26, 2011, 16:00
Originally posted by V guy

Egyptologists still claim that "Farouk and Kamael," the local boys, built the pyramids, in similar fashion.

We cannot do such work today.

Well, we could, but it would take 20 years, and 100 billion dollars to build just one pyramid.

They didn't have the benefit of union labor.

Letereat!
July 26, 2011, 17:01
I concur.

Watched a bit this Sat. and they discussed huge areas in African Deserts, Pakistan, Libya etc. where the sand had been turned to glass, not smooth and clear, black, shiney and clearly had been molten. Just like the tests of nuclear bombs did in the Desert of Nevada; they pointed out. Same thing happened to the surface rocks, in non desert areas,m melded together all different types.

HMMMMMM.

Civilization 12,000 years old have been recently uncovered as well.

Yea, nothing new happening here, carry on and just walk past, move along, move along:redface:

J. Armstrong
July 26, 2011, 17:35
I say Scert. It's always Scert, no doubt about it.

If not Scert, then what ?

Letereat!
July 26, 2011, 18:24
Originally posted by J. Armstrong
I say Scert. It's always Scert, no doubt about it.

If not Scert, then what ?

Scert o What?? Something someone told you; you should be scert of??

I mean I'm scert o bullets comin my way. That one o them rules though, "Incoming fire always has the right of way"

Letereat!
July 26, 2011, 19:09
Originally posted by FAL freek
Figured I drop this in before the conspiracy theorists show up. Couldn't watch more than 25 minutes of it without laughing because it's so riddled with inaccuracies.

Things I found wrong just watching it in that short time:

1) Earth is 4.5 billion years old not 5.5 billion
2) Oreopithicus only date back 9 million years not 12 million years
3) Aborigines were visited by the creator of the Milky Way but she didn't show them how to use the bow and arrow
4)Mayan tablet from Palenque showed one of their Emperors being born, not some space man at a console
5)Mayan hieroglyphs were of their gods not space men
6)The Hopi weren't the only people that built buildings in North America the Anasazi were doing it long before the Hopi were
7)Hopi legend of visitors from afar were the same as everywhere in North and South America from the Aztecs to Easter Island and their blond haired visitors returning legends.
8)Figures from Ecuador appear to be Moche type who got a good deal of their knowledge and culture from trading with the Mayans (to include pyramids)which explains the similarities
9)All stars don't have planets as stated by John Bellingham
10) Life hasn't been present on Earth for 4 billion years either
11)According to local legend Nan Madol was built by people from a nearby Island as well as some wizard (or space alien as stated in the show)
12)Incans were the Romans of South America their leaders like to build big to impress their subject not to signal the gods

The Hysterical Channel must have gotten the same folks that wrote that piece and used them for their current run of pop culture entertainment Ancient Aliens. If I could pick those out just from what I know surely the experts will be along shortly to find things I missed.

ERROR!!.... ERROR!!!... DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!! DANGER!!

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1876605
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=2124154

Er, yea the errors...? The documentary is ONLY 35@)* YEARS OLD, in its original and 'unedited' form, I would expect MORE than a few..seeing as knowledge and understanding tend to BUILD on one another AND Expand over time, in an exponential manner.....its possible:? :o

J. Armstrong
July 26, 2011, 19:32
Originally posted by Letereat!

Scert o What?? Something someone told you; you should be scert of??

I mean I'm scert o bullets comin my way. That one o them rules though, "Incoming fire always has the right of way"

My point exactly ;) :)

I think.

FAL freek
July 26, 2011, 20:03

Er, yea the errors...? The documentary is ONLY 35@)* YEARS OLD,Nawww you don't say. It mentions Pioneer 10 but doesn't mention Voyager I or II. And with all those snazzy hair cuts and Willie is running around interviewing only white folks I never would have guessed.

in its original and 'unedited' form, I would expect MORE than a few..seeing as knowledge and understanding tend to BUILD on one another AND Expand over time, in an exponential manner.....its possible:? :o Insults noted and ignored. Guess folks back then never stopped to think that some space aliens that could travel a few dozen light years would be smart enough not to need big bulky space suits the same style as us primitive humans that they allude to every time some ancient artwork of a fat person or primitive dance shows up Willie automatically says, "Look just like our space suits!"

And never mind the fact that the sight at Nan Madol has always said the builders came from another island. Anybody that researches Polynesian history knows that but somehow Willie doesn't bother mentioning. The Moche tribe has been known about since the Spanish beat the Incas as they had no problem tearing down their pyramids and ransacking the treasures inside. Quite a while back people were already noting the similarities between Mayan and Moche art. No surprise the never showed the old Moche pottery depicting fellatio or human sacrifice that they were known for. And completely forgetting to mention the Anasazi and giving the Hopi credit for being the only permanent structure dwellers is just plain sloppy research. People have known about the Anasazi and were digging up their remains long before that film was produced. 35 years or not since it was produced it's poorly researched even for that time.

Some folks believe the most outrageous things only because someone says them and there's more than a couple conspiracy theorists on this site that are proof of that and the old saying of Don't be so open minded your brains fall out comes to mind on many (or most) of their postings for me. Just from my limited knowledge I was able to see the things were pointed out earlier so they're pretty obvious errors.

July 27, 2011, 01:10
fingerprints of the gods by graham hancock is a good read, mostly about ancient civilizations , hapgoods earth crust theory, archaeologist fat headedness. i find the great pyramids to be the greatest civil engineering masterpiece of all time, hancock states the great pyramids are much older than currently accepted, result of ancient civ and not the current egyptians which i can accept.

Letereat!
July 27, 2011, 05:12

Some folks believe the most outrageous things only because someone says them.

Ya Mean Like "You is goin to HELL iffen you don't believe what I do." "Them books is EVIL cause them Church types said so" and stuff like that. O.K.

In the future you may want to just pass by, I may be ignoring you.

Letereat!
July 27, 2011, 05:15
Originally posted by J. Armstrong

My point exactly ;) :)

I think.

Mine to....and then the ,...on that , I wonder if on the other day............point ,..ye. :|

FAL freek
July 27, 2011, 05:30

Ya Mean Like "You is goin to HELL iffen you don't believe what I do." "Them books is EVIL cause them Church types said so" and stuff like that. O.K.

In the future you may want to just pass by, I may be ignoring you. :rofl: What did you just say and what does religion have to do with this? Last sentence is just plain funny coming from you, but feel free to do as you wish. 400 postings and already making threats? Seen your type around here too many times over the years, either you'll make the wrong person mad and eventually get banned or you'll get bored because everybody will start ignoring you and you'll stop dropping in to play. Most likely the latter.

*edit to add*
Just thought I'd add cause I'm the friendly type, careful who you say things like that last sentence to around here. Personally I don't care what you do but you say things like that to the wrong person here and they'll make it their personal goal to troll you.

Abominog
July 27, 2011, 07:53
And never mind the fact that the sight at Nan Madol has always said the builders came from another island. Anybody that researches Polynesian history knows that but somehow Willie doesn't bother mentioning.

...Just from my limited knowledge I was able to see the things were pointed out earlier so they're pretty obvious errors.

Just for clarification (to avoid any screts) Nan Madol was apparently built by the people of Pohnpei, and perhaps with assistance from Kosrae, but in any event Polynesian history isn't going to help anyone here, because Nan Madol is in Micronesia.

I'm surprised that they haven't gone off about Ha'amonga 'a Maui.

If you want to read a real crackpot book (about Chinese, not aliens) read Gavin Menses 1491 The Year China Discovered America. Absolute fabricated rubbish based on just enough fact to make some believe. Here's the link, it's worth the cash to buy a used copy for amusement http://www.amazon.com/1421-Year-China-Discovered-America/dp/0061564893

FAL freek
July 28, 2011, 03:49
Originally posted by Abominog

Just for clarification (to avoid any screts) Nan Madol was apparently built by the people of Pohnpei, and perhaps with assistance from Kosrae, but in any event Polynesian history isn't going to help anyone here, because Nan Madol is in Micronesia.

I'm surprised that they haven't gone off about Ha'amonga 'a Maui.

If you want to read a real crackpot book (about Chinese, not aliens) read Gavin Menses 1491 The Year China Discovered America. Absolute fabricated rubbish based on just enough fact to make some believe. Here's the link, it's worth the cash to buy a used copy for amusement http://www.amazon.com/1421-Year-China-Discovered-America/dp/0061564893 With your Pacific travels, one of the experts I was hoping that was going to stop in for a visit. Sadly only Pacific Island I've been is Oahu but have always wanted to visit Bataan, Corregidor, Guam, New Guinea (specifically the Kokada Trail area) Easter Island, and the Galapagos, maybe some day :cry:. Always heard the story of Nan Madol being built with the expertise and assistance of people from another island or the locals getting a wizard to fly the stone logs to their current location from another place. But in any case thanks for the clarification. I do tend to mix up Polynesian and Micronesian history but am wanting to find some good reading on Tonga and their efforts to build an empire. As for the book you mentioned, seen it several times in the book store and just found it a little far fetched to buy it but from your review it doesn't appear worth the time or money.

Currently I'm over 1/2 way through the much hyped Guns Germs and Steel and am quite disappointed. Author seems to make any excuse he can for for countries outside of Europe being victims of their environment while completely ignoring European innovation. Mentions such things as the extinction of large mammal species that made it through 22 ice ages and would have been potential food sources for local populations in North America (and to a lesser extent South America) that he alludes to as being hunted to extinction by humans but completely ignores the large species that weren't hunted by humans and went extinct also. Also find it strange that he fails to mention such experiments as the Soviet breeding experiments started in the 1950s with wild foxes that were domesticated within 2 generations and are now being sold as pets or the current domestication attempts with wolves that have all proven that within 16 months of their birth that they are unmanageable but gives high praise to domestication of corn by native people but downplays Europes domestication of Aurochs. Also makes excuses for the Mayans and Incas having wheels on the toys they gave to their kids to play with but never made the logical leap to put wheels to practical use although they both had roads to use them on. Let alone mentioning the fact that with 12,000+ years or habitation of the Western Hemisphere the local populations never mined any metals other than gold, silver, and copper even though they were literally surrounded by them. Won't even mention the fact that the Incas had a self sustaining realm and never had writing although the Sumerians and Greeks had writing a couple millennia before with far less resources. Think within 25 years many of the Pulitzer Prize winners allusions will be disproven. But I'm starting to ramble on. Once again thanks for the clarification.

Abominog
July 28, 2011, 08:42
With your Pacific travels, one of the experts I was hoping that was going to stop in for a visit. Sadly only Pacific Island I've been is Oahu but have always wanted to visit Bataan, Corregidor, Guam, New Guinea (specifically the Kokada Trail area) Easter Island, and the Galapagos, maybe some day :cry:. ...wanting to find some good reading on Tonga and their efforts to build an empire.

WOT, but, just for anyone's reading...not much to see on Bataan or Corregidor. Fly into Guam and you think you've landed in Orlando. PNG, yes, awesome place, but right now the tribes along Kokoda are having a go at it, but they now have automatic weapons...so may not be the best time.

For students of WWII history, I'd suggest the following route: 1) Continental out of Hawaii through Midway, Majuro, Pohnpei, Chuuk (Truk Lagoon), Yap, and Palau (Peliliu). Then to Manila and probably have to go down to Australia. Then Air Pacific up to Guadalcanal (side trips to Vela and New Georgia) then on to Vanuatu (New Hebrides) with side trips to Santos and Bali Hai...finally on to Fiji then Tonga.

There is no collated history of Tonga. You have to pull pieces from here and there, even from different countries. Parts of Fiji were occupied by Tongans, and remote places in PNG and Solomons (Tikopia) still are of Tongan ancestry (and look it.) Tonga pre-history is also sketchy because the Tongans are quite protective of ancestral property (e.g. burial grounds) and have never allowed excavation.

one hand clapping
July 28, 2011, 08:59
I think the Island refered to is atlantis or the paciffic lemuria.
I have been reading alot of acient cultures some thoughts-

#1 all the ten origional kings of the old testement are found in EVERY acient culture , this is PRE-flood, though in some cultures they are refered to as gods.
see the 12 gods of Greece that lived in Olympis, the hindus, the mayas and egyptians.Atlas being first in line .

#2 the math and engineering in africa is the same as in the yucatan.

#3 the tales of the acient greeks were history ,not myth. plato recounted his grandfather's education by the highest egyptian priest about atlantis and the ORIGIONAL 12" gods" and the THOUSANDS of years of history that the greeks knew nothing about. The Egpyptian priest said the greeks were children as far a history on this planet and that they could trace their linnage [the egyptians ],back thru 12 dynasties each over a thousand yrs long. as RECORDED IN stone and on brass columes
I do NOT believe these beings were gods but had such advanced knowledge of math,sicence and engineering as to apear as such.

#4 the 10 origionalcities have now been found along the iraqi coast and the remaind substancieate the 30thousand stoone tablets that have been found in an acient library[the tablets were ordered by one of the origional "gods" to be placed in a safe place as they knew the flood was comming, so they were deposited in specialy carved slots in the three foot thick walls of the library. when it collapsed ,they felll inward preserving some 90% of the data. it is in cuniform and tells of the creation,,the comming flood etc.

#5 the flood story is found in all acient cultures and they ALL have their own Noah ,family and a box / craft full of animals /dna to repopulate the earth with.
The long A for me-

We were colonized eons ago and there was a "heaven./eden" on this planet on an island in the atlantic that we know as atlantis. from there the crew set out to explore, mine and colonize the planet. as they claimed their own domains ,the fertile cresent was populated, north america ,central and south america , north affrica ,the med countries and all the way up thru brittiany and ireland. these were a seafaring people [ although the "gods" flew in craft,from place to place . this is why "heaven was thought to be in the sky as that is how the early "gods" got home. that was were Olympis was. There was also a war between these origional people using "the terrible weapons" given pictragraphs of missles [the minurets of islam and church steeples of the west pay homage to this day of the rulers power from missles.] and many glassed areas including the entiore side of a VERY acient scottish mt fort.overlooking the ocean The side to the sea is fused into green glass, in its entirity. there is a "launch pad" in the sini that resembles a shuttle launch pad. [ when pushing away from the earth, the engines must have a VERY solid mass to push against to get started or the craft would just dig a hole with its engines.this pad is made of solid blocks of solid rock / concrete that are HUGE some 60' cubes. to heavy for US to move with our biggest rigs combined.

It all sank durring the earth changes durring the flood time. whether it was a pole shift, another planet passing by -etc
. I believe human kind are a mix of indiginous primates, and halfbreeds, those who carry the acient dna of the origional crew. In sumarian history, the head ?goddess? made men out of the things of the earth.Clonning??? they needed labor so why not?? it matches most creation stories in many cultures.
the christian story is very simular.
the acient cultures were very advanced and sent out groups to spread the knowledge prior to the flood. almost every indiginous culture has stories of "white skinned men in robes and beards" landing on their shore and teaching all things to them. AND the time frame matches
I think we are on the brink of repeating this old dance.
to all christians-- please understand that NOTHING I have posted is counter to your religion ,except to say that the creator of all, the I am that I am, created these folks also and is NOT the god of the jews talked bout in their books.
I believe that"god" was one of the origional 12 who won the turf battle as things were falling apart. this does not mean that the teachings as how to behave and love,respect and stand are wrong or false, just credited to a "sub deity"
I did not mention India and the far east but the remains of this acient culture and the creation stories line up, if one studies them.

Just what I have come to believe after 30 some yrs of study, and I feel I am just now getting close to putting the outter edge of the puzzle together.

At least I have my mind / eyes open
OHC

Letereat!
July 28, 2011, 21:23
:rofl: What did you just say and what does religion have to do with this? Last sentence is just plain funny coming from you, but feel free to do as you wish. 400 postings and already making threats? Seen your type around here too many times over the years, either you'll make the wrong person mad and eventually get banned or you'll get bored because everybody will start ignoring you and you'll stop dropping in to play. Most likely the latter.

*edit to add*
Just thought I'd add cause I'm the friendly type, careful who you say things like that last sentence to around here. Personally I don't care what you do but you say things like that to the wrong person here and they'll make it their personal goal to troll you.

Threats??? Huh? "I may be ignoring you"; is hardly threat. Plus if I wanted to ignore you I would already be doing so and would proclaim it proudly. Currently I am ignoring DABTL and a couple others.

I think it is YOU who are making threats, "YOU COULD BECOME A TROLL"if you offend the wrong person. :] :tongue:

I am just some peon Hoo Haa that runs his mouth from the safety of my desk. In my nice little pad in the woods I am no threat to anyone....but Commies, and the like.

The Marines Prayer; From a Marine Tank Gunner. "Now I lay me down to sleep, two 45s at my feet. If I die before I wake, Please burn a Commie at the Stake" OOOO Raaahhh!!! to that.

P.S. I am an equal opportunity offender, so don't go claimin i am prejudiceted;)

Cava3r4
July 30, 2011, 13:40
The Marines Prayer; From a Marine Tank Gunner. "Now I lay me down to sleep, two 45s at my feet. If I die before I wake, Please burn a Commie at the Stake" OOOO Raaahhh!!! to that.

I "second the motion".
3d Squadron, 4th Cavalry, 25th Inf. Div Nov 67-Aug 24, 68.
Tank Loader, Driver,then Infantry Squad leader, Then "Recon man", Then Tank Gunner, and finally Tank Commander.
"What a long strange trip its been"
:D

FAL freek
July 30, 2011, 17:53

Threats??? Huh? "I may be ignoring you"; is hardly threat. Plus if I wanted to ignore you I would already be doing so and would proclaim it proudly. Currently I am ignoring DABTL and a couple others.

I think it is YOU who are making threats, "YOU COULD BECOME A TROLL"if you offend the wrong person. :] :tongue:

I am just some peon Hoo Haa that runs his mouth from the safety of my desk. In my nice little pad in the woods I am no threat to anyone....but Commies, and the like.

P.S. I am an equal opportunity offender, so don't go claimin i am prejudiceted;) What? Think there's a new giilliiee in town.

Anyhoo just trying to give you a heads up there's a few CTs here that think JFK was done in by any shadow entity ever imagined (although simple math will show there was only the original shooter), FDR knew Pearl Harbor was gonna get bombed, mini subs sank the oil rig, missiles go flying off the coast of California, the WTC was an inside job, Obumbler is a puppet of the UN or Soros, ............................Well you get the idea. Hang around a while and you'll see some strange beliefs.

one hand clapping
July 31, 2011, 09:01
What I find strange is those who, when presented with facts that mess with their world veiw ,choose to label the messenger as a CT and stick their head back in the sand, leaving some vital parts flap'n in the breeze. rather than to consider the info, ask questions and seek the truth , these folks just default into denial.
In fact FDR DID know that pearl was going to get hit, thats why they moved the carriers and linned up all the obsolete battlewagons, I don't know WHO was behind 911 but it's not what weve been told.
If sharing facts and doubts makes me a ct what are you?? only god knows everything, the rest of us still have plenty to learn,Unless you are NOT intrested in knowlege, if thats the case turn the TV back on.
I for one want to know whats going on,and you won't get that info from the MSM.

One Hand Clapping

catmguy445
July 31, 2011, 12:54
Just a couple of thoughts on this subject, which is one fairly dear to my heart.

1. Nature doesn't generally do things one at a time. If conditions on this planet support life, there must be a lot (as in millions, maybe billions) of other places in the universe that would also.

2. I have personally seen a UFO. I have no idea if it was from somewhere else in the galaxy, but it was an Object, it was Flying, and it was Unidentified. And unidentifiable. It also did something that no known aircraft of any nation on earth was capable of at that time (November 1966). It was not only witnessed by me, but by the crews in CIC and visual lookout watches on board the USS Stoddard, USS Ingersoll, USS Braine, USS Turner Joy, and USS Kitty Hawk (plus a couple of F4 Phantom pilots who were chasing it) when we were a couple of days out of Yokosuka, Japan in the western Pacific enroute to the Viet Nam/Tonkin Gulf OPAREA. The incident is recorded in the ships' radar logs and is probably available through the FOIA if anyone cares to look it up.

3. This was a fairly popular subject in the 1970's. Any of you remember a guy named Erich Von Daniken? He wrote a book on the same subject which was very widely read (if not widely accepted) in the early 70's. I don't remember the exact name of the book now, but it was about ancient astronauts from elsewhere in the galaxy having been to earth in ancient times. People have been speculating about this for a long time, and Von Daniken wasn't the first one to come up with the theory. He was just the most notorious at the time he wrote the book.

4. Pardon the tongue-in-cheek, but I think there's a fair amount of truth in the old saying that the surest sign that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that it hasn't contacted us.

I certainly believe that it's theoretically possible that there are civilizations outside our solar system that are capable of interplanetary or intergalactic travel. I have no idea how probable this is, only that it's possible. I also think it's fascinating how wound up people get about this. To me, it's kind of an interesting thought, and certainly provides a lot of lively discussions whenever the subject comes up. But I don't really care whether it's true or not. Until somebody from outer space decides to come pay a personal visit to earth and announces it openly and asks for diplomatic ceremonies, it's not going to affect my daily existence much one way or the other.

There's also the sneaking suspicion that makes me wonder from time to time if mankind didn't evolve from protozoa and progress up the food chain a la Darwin after all, but was brought here from some other part of the galaxy and dumped here as kind of intergalactic rubbish that someone somewhere else didn't want on their planet. That might also explain why there are such diverse racial groups running around. Maybe more than one place was dumping their trash here. And don't go fly off the handle and get all worked up over my idea. It's more of an idle thought than a theory worthy of debate. Once again, I don't really care one way or the other.

Dave Hume
August 02, 2011, 17:56
I think alien technology was responsible for Shatner's rug.

Letereat!
August 06, 2011, 09:27
Originally posted by catmguy445
Just a couple of thoughts on this subject, which is one fairly dear to my heart.

1. Nature doesn't generally do things one at a time. If conditions on this planet support life, there must be a lot (as in millions, maybe billions) of other places in the universe that would also.

2. I have personally seen a UFO. I have no idea if it was from somewhere else in the galaxy, but it was an Object, it was Flying, and it was Unidentified. And unidentifiable. It also did something that no known aircraft of any nation on earth was capable of at that time (November 1966). It was not only witnessed by me, but by the crews in CIC and visual lookout watches on board the USS Stoddard, USS Ingersoll, USS Braine, USS Turner Joy, and USS Kitty Hawk (plus a couple of F4 Phantom pilots who were chasing it) when we were a couple of days out of Yokosuka, Japan in the western Pacific enroute to the Viet Nam/Tonkin Gulf OPAREA. The incident is recorded in the ships' radar logs and is probably available through the FOIA if anyone cares to look it up.

3. This was a fairly popular subject in the 1970's. Any of you remember a guy named Erich Von Daniken? He wrote a book on the same subject which was very widely read (if not widely accepted) in the early 70's. I don't remember the exact name of the book now, but it was about ancient astronauts from elsewhere in the galaxy having been to earth in ancient times. People have been speculating about this for a long time, and Von Daniken wasn't the first one to come up with the theory. He was just the most notorious at the time he wrote the book.

4. Pardon the tongue-in-cheek, but I think there's a fair amount of truth in the old saying that the surest sign that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that it hasn't contacted us.

I certainly believe that it's theoretically possible that there are civilizations outside our solar system that are capable of interplanetary or intergalactic travel. I have no idea how probable this is, only that it's possible. I also think it's fascinating how wound up people get about this. To me, it's kind of an interesting thought, and certainly provides a lot of lively discussions whenever the subject comes up. But I don't really care whether it's true or not. Until somebody from outer space decides to come pay a personal visit to earth and announces it openly and asks for diplomatic ceremonies, it's not going to affect my daily existence much one way or the other.

There's also the sneaking suspicion that makes me wonder from time to time if mankind didn't evolve from protozoa and progress up the food chain a la Darwin after all, but was brought here from some other part of the galaxy and dumped here as kind of intergalactic rubbish that someone somewhere else didn't want on their planet. That might also explain why there are such diverse racial groups running around. Maybe more than one place was dumping their trash here. And don't go fly off the handle and get all worked up over my idea. It's more of an idle thought than a theory worthy of debate. Once again, I don't really care one way or the other.

Originally posted by one hand clapping
What I find strange is those who, when presented with facts that mess with their world veiw ,choose to label the messenger as a CT and stick their head back in the sand, leaving some vital parts flap'n in the breeze. rather than to consider the info, ask questions and seek the truth , these folks just default into denial.
In fact FDR DID know that pearl was going to get hit, thats why they moved the carriers and linned up all the obsolete battlewagons, I don't know WHO was behind 911 but it's not what weve been told.
If sharing facts and doubts makes me a ct what are you?? only god knows everything, the rest of us still have plenty to learn,Unless you are NOT intrested in knowlege, if thats the case turn the TV back on.
I for one want to know whats going on,and you won't get that info from the MSM.

One Hand Clapping

as to; "I have personally seen a UFO" ,...Foo Fighters Foo Fighters WWII,er,.. not the band,no (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighter)

RC has been around since before WWI,....wayyyy before. Add brush-less motors with magnetic "bearings" and helicopter maneuverability with massive forward thrust....hmmmm neeeat!
In 1898 at an exhibition at Madison Square Garden Nikola Tesla demonstrated a small boat which could apparently obey commands from the audience but was in fact controlled by Tesla interpreting the verbal requests and sending appropriate frequencies to tuned circuits in the boat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_control)

We been doin the dis-information dance with UFO's for many decades too now as well.

That what the Devils Advocate said at least :devil: :beer:

In India, the acceptance of previous "Alien" " Super Beings" is accepted as historical fact, similar to Christianity or other "metaphysical/spiritual" beliefs around the world.
I now enough about the Vedic Age/Traditions that I want to know a whole lot more...... need more books, more books please now yes :wink:

IMHO, it is a Hell of a lot more logical and plausible than being summoned forth from dirt. The reality is that the more factual and accurate history of the "world" has been usurped by gibberish and entertainment. As to the UFO's, I personally don't give a rats all what kinda a ride u got, I wanna know who you are.....just curious thats all, cool ride though, can I drive it?

And World views, good one; what blows my mind is that people refuse to recognize that their "world view" is a simple result of what someone else told them, what they learned in school, at home, where they went to church or not went to church, where you were born,what your parents believed and how they lived, what your life experiences have been, etc, etc, blah, blah

"World views, Different,. But Good", whats yours Jackwagon??

: :) :biggrin: