PDA

View Full Version : My Eliz Taylor family name trivia

dwarmbrodt
March 23, 2011, 10:18
First, Liz Taylor RIP. What a woman, what a career!

Now my family's wierd name only connection to Liz Taylor. Liz' mothers name was Sara Warmbrodt. My last name is Warmbrodt. Guess what my wife of 22 years first name is? Sarah. (with the H). Middle name? Elizabeth.......

L Haney
March 23, 2011, 12:18
That woman was just stunning for decades.

martin35
March 23, 2011, 17:05
Extremely symmetrical features,,, if that's possible. Good lookin' and artistic, hope that was enough.

Deltaten
March 23, 2011, 17:15
I met her and Burton in Cali during a sojourn there in '70. A classy dame, to say the least. Overweight, sloppy beachwear and wind-mussed hair; but *still* a raver! :D Musta been that stellar personality!?

RIP hun...ya done good! :D

martin35
March 24, 2011, 12:32
Stay'n alive is get'n harder to do as I get older.

catmguy445
March 24, 2011, 15:00
I actually met Liz Taylor once for a few seconds. I was working as a mechanic at a private Jaguar shop in West Hollywood and our shop, such as it was, was located at the rear of the lot that Barney's Beanery used for their parking lot, just off Santa Monica Blvd. This was about '74, maybe '75, I'm not sure of the year exactly any more.

Besides fixing Jags during the day, we also built road racing bikes.......a couple of 3-cyl Triumphs and a Norton twin........after regular working hours were over. One night we had been thrashing getting the bikes ready for a regional race that weekend, and wrapped things up about 2 am. Everybody was kind of tired and hungry, so we decided to head across the parking lot and grab a burger at Barney's. As we were walking across the lot, a Rolls-Royce pulled in and stopped, and Liz Taylor got out. We were right next to the door, so I pulled it open for her, and she looked at me and said thanks, and then went inside.

She was standing about two feet away from me when she thanked me, and looked me right in the eyes, and I suddenly understood completely what all the fuzz over Liz Taylor was all about. She had the most unbelieveable eyes I've ever seen in my life. The pictures of her don't even begin to do justice to her eyes. She was a bit past her prime by then, but still breathtakingly gorgeous up close. The entire conversation consisted of four words, "Thank you" from her, and "You're welcome" from me, but it's still something I'll always remember. She was a unique women, and I'm really glad I had the opportunity to meet her in person, even if only for a few seconds.