PDA

View Full Version : Think I broke it?

Ricketts
October 05, 2010, 22:15
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j24/ricketts711/Photo0981.jpg

This is not very comfortable.

My foot vs. the living room table, 3 in the morning.

brunop
October 05, 2010, 22:25
Looks painful. So does the ingrown toe nail coming on the big toe.

Can't splint a toe. I'd lay it flat and ice that bad boy. I guess you already know that three fingers of something on ice helps too?

Might not be broken - could be a very bad bash (technical medical term...).

Good luck.

gobbler
October 05, 2010, 22:47
You need to do like I did, had dislocated my big toe on a Friday but couldn't see the doctor till Monday. On Sunday was unloading some railroad ties & dropped one directly on my big toe.......saved me a doctor bill & mashed it back into place.

gobbler

easttex
October 05, 2010, 23:10
Originally posted by gobbler
You need to do like I did, had dislocated my big toe on a Friday but couldn't see the doctor till Monday. On Sunday was unloading some railroad ties & dropped one directly on my big toe.......saved me a doctor bill & mashed it back into place.

gobbler

Gobbler...dude, you're tougher than Chuck Norris!

W.E.G.
October 05, 2010, 23:24
Needs rifle, concrete, and liquor.

FUUN063
October 06, 2010, 00:17
Yep, looks broken. I got one of those very same things in 2006, September if I remember correctly. Same foot, same toe, different furniture (stool in the middle of the night). It still hurts somewhat and nothing anybody can do. It'll heal slowly and everytime you bump it on something, WOW!!

Leland :biggrin:

gman
October 06, 2010, 07:54
Yeah, I agree with FUUN063. Get a couple codeine before you see the doc cuz s/he's going to do things that will make it hurt more.

Abominog
October 06, 2010, 08:02
Originally posted by W.E.G.

Damn gary, I'm glad I wasn't drinking my tea!

Looks painful Rick. Been there done that. Mine is permenantly bent sideways.

vmtz
October 06, 2010, 08:09
Here in New Mexico we got a thing called lights, they help one avoid things like that.

Hope this helps.

Fr. Vince

V guy
October 06, 2010, 09:46
I dropped a chunk of heavy maple onto my right big toe two winters ago. Hammered it pretty good. Took a year to heal, and grow a new nail. You outta see the boot!!
My sympathies.

Texgunner
October 06, 2010, 09:54
Yeah, you broke it. Tape that sucker to the one next to it, then a lil' dose of "time". I've broken three or four of my toes over the years. She'll be apples!

Shootability
October 06, 2010, 10:31
Years ago in ROTC drill team we had a rifle butt to foot stomping contest - 1903s - I lost - had to walk home on a broken toe. :uhoh:

I wore hiking boots for a couple weeks - it did not hurt much after a couple days - best of luck.

tac-40
October 06, 2010, 13:00
Okay all you supermen out there. You all keep saying it looks broken. It just looks purple to me. I thought he was initially talking about the big toe since it pointed in a different direction than the others.:biggrin:

RG Coburn
October 06, 2010, 16:33
I woulda kicked that tables ass for doing that..

2barearms
October 06, 2010, 16:46
Originally posted by RG Coburn
I woulda kicked that tables ass for doing that..

Yep, tha's exakly what i'da dun.:biggrin:

Definitely looks 'broken' but even if that's the case not much a doctor
visit will do for it. Tape the one next to it to put a little pressure on it an
give a little extra support.

RG Coburn
October 06, 2010, 21:50
Just put a rubber band around it real tight. It'll fall off in a couple weeks...

Mark IV
October 07, 2010, 17:43
You wasted a perfectly good foot shot.

Why not put a FAL in the background?

Ricketts
October 07, 2010, 19:05
Originally posted by Mark IV
You wasted a perfectly good foot shot.

Why not put a FAL in the background?

I couldn't==legally.

That pic was taken in a Holiday Inn Express in Chicago.

And, it's MUCH more colorful today.

Story
October 07, 2010, 20:21
Meh. It's only a flesh wound.

Lniceshot
October 07, 2010, 20:54
Couple years back I was stumbling into the kitchen one dark morning to nuke a cup of coffee and a fuc#in' wasp stung me on the big toe. Didn't really need the coffee after that:D Tape it to yer big toe and stumble on, my man!

stimpsonjcat
October 08, 2010, 15:10
Reminds me of a funny thing happened years ago at a party I threw. Big ole boy leans on the railing on front porch, it fails, he goes over into the yard. Being the redneck type, feels shame and must punish something, focuses on one of my pink flamingos I had at the time, rears back and kicks it as hard as he could.

Those flamingos were concrete.

I LOLzed hard!

FAL freek
October 09, 2010, 03:47
Originally posted by stimpsonjcat
Reminds me of a funny thing happened years ago at a party I threw. Big ole boy leans on the railing on front porch, it fails, he goes over into the yard. Being the redneck type, feels shame and must punish something, focuses on one of my pink flamingos I had at the time, rears back and kicks it as hard as he could.

Those flamingos were concrete.
:eek: ouch

Firestarter
October 09, 2010, 08:12
Ricketts I'll see your toe and raise ya a finger.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7641/dscn0743k.jpg

V guy
October 09, 2010, 09:40
I am glad Stimson bought up the real background topic here---that is attack by inanimate objects.

It is a topic that must be exposed and explored.

I have been viciously attacked by just about every damn thing it has been possible to be attacked by, too.

Don't tell me those things do not have a mind of their own. "Evil physics" I call it.

There is not a cord that will not tangle itself up immediately, even if wound up nicely. There is not a cord that will not reach out and grab the first edge it can-- to screw you over.

Remember those lathe photos with the dead guys? Think that just happened?

Jackstands try to kill regularly, I won't trust-em.

When I got ahold of that piece of maple that broke my toe, well, heh heh heh, I got even!!
Split it with a maul more several times and threw the bastard into the fire!!!

Destruction or punishment of the object IS required.

Lets hear YOUR stories of "object rectification!"

Texgunner
October 09, 2010, 10:19
Yeah V guy, I think you're on to something (as opposed to being 'on something', lol). Those damned inanimate objects pose a serious threat to human health, mental and otherwise. Oh, the many sorry-assed weed-eaters I've dispatched after refusing to cooperate. I tell you, they are more treacherous than a stump-full of bastard owls! And don't get me started on cheap vacumm cleaners...arrrrgggghh. Why, I've grabbed them by the throat and repeatedly bashed them to death on the damned driveway. Teach them to f*uck with me I did!
And lawnmowers that won't start? You'd better watch them too. Yes, I had to beat a Snapper to death with a greasy ballpeen hammer once. Well, it had a Tecumseh engine, so go figure. Anyway, that 32 oz. hammer did the deed. So yeah, V guy, spread the alarm far and wide. You've performed a valuable public service Sir!
Gary

kayakpirate
October 09, 2010, 10:36
Get a broken toe every couple years or so.
With an index finger on each side of the toe push
(very lightly)foreward and turn just slightly counter clockwise.
Usually the pain stops and the color goes away in a few hours.
You can tape it to the third toe if you need the support
for walking and such. Ice it and keep it elevated.

catmguy445
October 09, 2010, 18:12
You guys have all heard of Murphy's Law, and all of us have had some personal experience with it, but are y'all aware of what Murphy's Law actually SAYS?

Far as I know, the actual Law goes something like this: Murphy's Law, "The Innate Perversity of Inanimate Objects; If something can go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible time." Mr. Toe, meet Mr. Footstool. OUCH!

And, yeah, looks like you busted it. When I was in high school, one of my best friends stubbed his toe on the concrete deck of the local public swimming pool and broke it (the toe, that is), and it looked just about exactly like you toe does in the picture. Don't try kicking any field goals for a while.

KoKodog
October 10, 2010, 16:54
Originally posted by W.E.G.

you forgot a magazine in the rifle too .......

Randall
October 10, 2010, 18:37
Rub a little dirt in it...It'll be fine.

tac-40
October 10, 2010, 21:21
Found this first aid video on the net. Maybe it will help. The text found with the video said to use lots of pain killers prior to rendering first aid.

******** width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XNN-KL1Qb6E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XNN-KL1Qb6E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>