PDA

View Full Version : Looking up someones military service

kmohror
July 28, 2010, 22:45
I work with a guy who claims to have been in the navy, as enlisted, ship promoted to officer and single handedly ran the entire navy. Was in charge of the Puerto Rico airport, in charge of an aircraft carrier retro fit and on, and on, and on.
Is there a website to confirm a persons service record......
Oh, and I did see where a judge ruled the Stolen Valor Act unconstitutional.
It is getting bad out there!

KMOHROR

FUUN063
July 29, 2010, 00:27
You might get with Ssarge. I think he knows and he may be along any time now with info regarding this. I think he was looking for someone else's past, too. :shades:

Leland :whiskey:

jrkoller
July 29, 2010, 04:58
Send a letter to National records US Navy that you are requesting info on that person under the freedom of information act.
It should sound like this
Dear sirs or Madoms,

I am requesting under the Federal freedom of information act. the public releasable form of the military records of So In So.

I was advised by Stolen Valor to do it this way, also get as much info on the person you want the records on DOB S/N if you can dates of said service

The address is:
National records Center
Military Personnal records
9700 Page Ave.
St. Louis Mo 63132-5100

I have done this on several people (Phony's) it will take about 6 to 8 Months for them to respond but it is wroth it.

Any more questions give me a PM

martin35
July 29, 2010, 06:01
The subject in question should be proud to show his bonafides if asked politely, he seems a sharing type of major proportion. I once was commended for a hole I was hiding in and was given the opportunity to dig a better deeper one for the guy commending me. Other guys kept pee'n in it when he wasn't home.

MAINER
July 29, 2010, 08:46
Quote;
"I work with a guy who claims to have been in the navy, as enlisted, ship promoted to officer".

BS! This may have happened in WWII, never heard of it, but not in the 60's or later. We had plenty of useless Ensign's and jg's, but EMs were hard to come by. In the 6 years I served, never heard of any EM being promoted in this manner.

We had several enlisted "lifers" that re-uped on a college program and went thru ROTC, becoming commisioned upon graduation. We had college grads in my Division that didn't want to be officers, just do their service and get out. Many joined only because the Draft was in effect in those days.

Quote;
"single handedly ran the entire navy"

More BS!
The people that really run the Navy are CPO's. Everybody just calls them "Chief" :D

Try to find the ship's name and date he served. Many ship's have web sites that have "Year books" or personel listings.

StarPD
July 29, 2010, 11:09
Mainer is right.
Chiefs run the Navy.
Don't believe it? Ask anyone who's served on a ship at sea.

TnHawk-45
July 29, 2010, 18:14
Originally posted by StarPD
Mainer is right.
Chiefs run the Navy.
Don't believe it? Ask anyone who's served on a ship at sea.

Yes, and do not get caught sleeping with their wife, even if she is a hot looking slut. LOL

Worse butt whipping results I have EVER seen was an enlisted at NAS Jacksonville that forgot the old Roosevelt just made it back to Mayport!

perryturner
July 29, 2010, 20:50
Originally posted by MAINER
Quote;
"I work with a guy who claims to have been in the navy, as enlisted, ship promoted to officer".

BS! This may have happened in WWII, never heard of it, but not in the 60's or later. We had plenty of useless Ensign's and jg's, but EMs were hard to come by. In the 6 years I served, never heard of any EM being promoted in this manner.

We had several enlisted "lifers" that re-uped on a college program and went thru ROTC, becoming commisioned upon graduation. We had college grads in my Division that didn't want to be officers, just do their service and get out. Many joined only because the Draft was in effect in those days.

Quote;
"single handedly ran the entire navy"

More BS!
The people that really run the Navy are CPO's. Everybody just calls them "Chief" :D

Try to find the ship's name and date he served. Many ship's have web sites that have "Year books" or personel listings. I never hard of "a ship promoted officer" either. But don't forget the Limited Duty Officers and the Warrant Officers. I was on an APA out of Long Beach 1964-67. We had an Lcdr. engineering officer who was a LDO promoted from enlisted. We also had a quartermaster promoted to either warrant or LDO. He became the navigator of a LSD in the same squadron.

Sailor553
July 29, 2010, 21:18
"The only requirement is that you are, or were a Commissioned/Warrant Officer in the United States Navy, with at least 4 years prior enlisted service. And who was promoted up from the ranks of Navy enlisted personnel through an in-service procurement program, with no interruption of your active duty status."

US Navy Mustang organization

The Skipper of one of the RivDivs I was associated with was a Mustang. And, the best skipper that I ever sailed with.

A guy that I know here in Port Aransas spent his entire 4-year Navy enlistment at Rosey Roads working with USN aircraft personnel. Coop is in his late forties or early fifties.

Story
July 30, 2010, 11:18
Originally posted by kmohror
I work with a guy who claims to have been in the navy, as enlisted, ship promoted to officer and single handedly ran the entire navy. Was in charge of the Puerto Rico airport, in charge of an aircraft carrier retro fit and on, and on, and on.
Is there a website to confirm a persons service record.....

KMOHROR

He could prove it all by producing his DD214, but I predict "I lost it/never got it/was destroyed in a fire at the St Louis records warehouse...." BS excuse.
:rolleyes: