PDA

View Full Version : .gov guys ACTUALLY DID do a good job....

ER
June 14, 2010, 13:26
prolly civvy contractors though....

I sent a MO all the way to Tucumcari, NM, from Taylorsville, NC, for some para parts.....mailed it Saturday at 1130am, and the seller received it today(Monday)!

I once mailed one from Taylorsville, NC, to Johnson City, TN, and it took 7 days.....I could have driven it myself in 2.5hrs....

a miracle has been witnessed.....

hagar
June 14, 2010, 14:11
Just had a guy send me a usps money order with delivery confirmation. Couple of days later he checks on it and get this on the usps page:

He checks with me to see if he had the right address, it was. Usps could not tell him where the money order is, or what happened to it, just the standard do not bug us and wait 30 days before we can reissue one.

So he pays me by paypal, and I ship his item. Two weeks after that, the money order shows up. I hope it has not been cancelled, as I refunded his paypal but did not cash the money order yet.

Did I say I despise the frakken poes offies down here? They are supposed to open at 8:30, you are lucky if they open the door by 8:50. And they don't "put out" to help you out the door, just the same old "I get paid whether I work or not, and I have a job for life" attitude. I wonder how many people have "gwon postel" on their arses? :rolleyes: Not enough, they deserve better!:uhoh:

W.E.G.
June 14, 2010, 14:27
The post office tried to tell my bank that my office address is "NSA" (no such address).

Oh sure. The building has only been there since 1773, and its right across the street from City Hall.
I can see where they would be confused.

hagar
June 14, 2010, 14:35
And it's kind of funny, we get postal software from Pitney Bowes at work, who gets their info from the usps. I can plug in almost any misspelling of my address, and it will resolve it to the right one. I guess they do not use their own software!

Blackmore
June 14, 2010, 16:33
More often than not, Priority packages mailed on Saturday in NH are in WA or OR on Monday. Strangely, CA takes a day or two longer.

JohnnyMac
June 15, 2010, 12:39
It depends on a lot of factors, some of which you can control, most of which you cannot.

For instance, I always address my envelopes using MS Word, selecting the feature that automatically prints the optically-readable bar-code for the zip-code on the envelope.

If the origination address, and the destination address, are near one of the USPS hubs, it will speed delivery, as well. I believe almost all of the USPS air-freight is contracted out to various shippers (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.). Sometimes, if a plane hauling overnight deliveries has unused space, they'll put Priority packages to make up the rest of the load, as it is always better (more cost-effective) to fly a full bird.

When I was in Mosul, in 2005, I got a Priority Mail package from LL Bean in 3 days! This was due to DHL being the contract carrier for the APO mail into Mosul.

JMc