PDA

View Full Version : A couple of Marines

MAINER
June 03, 2010, 14:33
One: Military quote of the day from a Marine:

"When I joined the military it was illegal
to be homosexual, then it became optional.
I'm getting out before Obama makes it mandatory."

Two: Marine Biker;

This is a youtube movie made by a Kaneohe Marine.....

He's riding a modified bike at speeds over 150mph on the H-3 from the

gate at KMCB through the tunnels and down towards Halawa industrial

area. Check the digital speedometer on the left side.......... This'll

get your heart a pumpin........ "BALLS" and absolutely NO BRAINS!

This guy is absolutely NUTS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTFWfJZqzHo

Semper Fi, y'all

John Culver
June 03, 2010, 14:52
having driven on the H3 (the most expensive road in the US), I'll tell you it takes more the 6 minutes LOL

martin35
June 03, 2010, 15:11
Hope he likes surprises.

Lockbar
June 03, 2010, 16:58
Yep, that guy is nuts. I can only think what the more traditional biker at 4:20 was thinking :"WTF! WTF!". If he was identified, I could guess that his unit's First Sargent could put him up on Office Hours for risking his life like that, even off duty.

JohnnyMac
June 03, 2010, 18:22
Originally posted by Lockbar
Yep, that guy is nuts. I can only think what the more traditional biker at 4:20 was thinking :"WTF! WTF!". If he was identified, I could guess that his unit's First Sargent could put him up on Office Hours for risking his life like that, even off duty.

On some Marine installations, enlisted personnel must get written permission from their commander to ride motorcycles, on or off base. A lot of Marines coming back after deployments were dying in motorcycle accidents, so they decided to curb their riding for the first few weeks back in CONUS.

JMc

dirtyrice
June 04, 2010, 03:10
Wow. That was pretty awesome. But driving like that will definitely not increase your life expectancy. The one time he really came up on that big rig before cutting over :eek: Though that small suv that brake checked him multiple times even though there was noone infront of them :rolleyes: Would not survive in Texas, Get the fug outta the way. I'm sure its a rush but that stuff is for the track. I dunno how well their shoulders are maintained but I'd be fearing rocks and such when riding down it like that.

But yeah you never know how people in cars will react with a bike coming up that fast. They may switch lanes thinking they are getting out of your way but end up being right in your way. And that would just be ugly. I'm sure hitting a solid object at that speed will launch you pretty far. I hope he was atleast wearing full gear for this.

Andy the Aussie
June 04, 2010, 03:39
Originally posted by dirtyrice
Wow. That was pretty awesome. ...awsome is really not the description I would have used mate ....

GOVT1911
June 04, 2010, 04:44
That wasn't an awesome vid, that's a frickin dumb-ass. He risked OTHER people's lives just for a thrill. If that was one of my Soldiers and I found out about it, he'd wish one of two things.....either he never got the bike or the day he was born.

I'm all about fun, excitement and everything, and once you experience the adrenalyn dump of combat NOTHING else compares.......but risking other people's lives for a rush is STUPID and I would FRY his ass if I had the chance.

You wanna run 150MPH, no problem. Go find a track. You put my family's or my Soldier's lives at risk and I'll punch you in the freakin throat!!! :redface:

Buster H
June 04, 2010, 13:50
I love watching natural selection at work.

Isn't science grand?

We need to encourage this sort of thing.

W.E.G.
June 04, 2010, 14:23
Its OK.

Somewhere, a child needs an organ replacement.

JR in the NW
June 05, 2010, 00:35
I don't imagine organs survive 150 mph crashes.

KoKodog
June 05, 2010, 10:10
Originally posted by MAINER
Military quote of the day from a Marine:

"When I joined the military it was illegal
to be homosexual, then it became optional.
I'm getting out before Obama makes it mandatory."

Semper Fi, y'all

well, Obama said he was going to change the country .......

and he is systematically destroying it as he makes change, as all can see.

there are just some things that politicians and lawyers need to keep their hands off of

dbl-haul
June 05, 2010, 10:28
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/dbl-haul/image004.jpg

this is what happens at 85mph. the driver and her passenger were killed.

Lockbar
June 05, 2010, 13:51
Wow dbl, thats a crazy pic.

wpsuth
June 05, 2010, 20:41
Dirtyrice, did you say "full gear?" FULL GEAR???

No entirely sure how much leathers help at 150mph. The helmet was just keeping bugs out of his eyes. The word "donorcycle" exists for a reason.

Fun to watch, but the guy's a moron.

John Culver
June 05, 2010, 22:52
Originally posted by dbl-haul
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/dbl-haul/image004.jpg

this is what happens at 85mph. the driver and her passenger were killed.

a very good reason to not drive a shytty econo-box

Modern day cars that meat fed side impact guidelines would not have allowed that

Aifwikir
June 06, 2010, 00:28
Originally posted by John Culver

a very good reason to not drive a shytty econo-box

Modern day cars that meat fed side impact guidelines would not have allowed that

It does meet FED Spec's. This is a recent photo warning about cell phones and driving. It seem the VW driver pulled out in front of the biker from a stop sign. The biker had no time to react. No amount of side impact re-enforcement would stop this unless your driving a Tank.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m232/Aifwikir/Lastcall.jpg

The Marine riding that R6 is gonna loose it one of these days and take someone with him. I ride and I have seen it before.

:D
Aif

Potshot
June 06, 2010, 01:16
Idiot in red car probably pulled out in front.

Expensive bike too...

Just watched the vid, what an idiot.

I went faster than that on a test ride of a Ducati 1198S on the 210 in LA, but didn't do anything like that idiocy... wow.

Bubba FAL
June 06, 2010, 02:23
Yep, used to commute the 74 (Ortega Highway) when I lived in SoCal - saw many wrecked bikes on that road. Worst was 31May2001 when an off-duty cop and his buds were blasting in and out of traffic headed west-bound. He decided to pass a car on a blind curve and ate the front end of an eastbound pickup truck. I (along with a bunch of other people) was stuck on that damn road for 2 hours while we waited for the coroner to come down from Riverside and declare the pile of ground meat under the yellow tarp dead.

Buddy of mine hiked to the scene and got photos. Ended up selling them to the local newspaper. Would've made good signs at both the Lake Elsinore and SJC entrances to that section of road.

Sgt_Gold
June 07, 2010, 20:02
As someone who has ridden some fast bikes, that video doesn't look right. With a indicated 140mph the closing speeds vs other vehicles does not look correct. As an MP, I've done my share of speed estimation so maybe it's the U-tube FPS speed that's throwing it off.

John Culver
June 08, 2010, 03:08
Originally posted by Aifwikir

It does meet FED Spec's. This is a recent photo warning about cell phones and driving. It seem the VW driver pulled out in front of the biker from a stop sign. The biker had no time to react. No amount of side impact re-enforcement would stop this unless your driving a Tank.

:D
Aif

It met them 11-20 years ago when it was made, never would now
(tis a gen 3 golf, hasnt been made in over a decade)

Since then side-impact reinforcement has become a rather big thing (new standards passed in 2007 are MUCH stricter, requiring heavy buttressing of rockers, B-pillars. and roof rails (extensive use of high strength boron steel).

While its possible a bike would penetrate the occupant cabin of a modern car, its not near as likely

younggun
June 08, 2010, 07:45
Are we certain that is not 140 kph?

HawaiiFALer
June 08, 2010, 18:20
Originally posted by John Culver
... While its possible a bike would penetrate the occupant cabin of a modern car, its not near as likely
Not likely, but possible. It also happened here last year. Young GI just got off work at Tripler Hospital at around midnight. Went speeding along a roadway with cross streets and traffic lights. Speed? Waaaay toooo fast. Hit a modern full size sedan in the same spot as the posted picture. Fully penetrated the cockpit just like in the picture, killing the sedan driver and flipping over the sedan. The biker? He did not fit into the door space so he managed to decapitate himself. The sedan was legally crossing the intersection on a green light. The sedan driver was going home from his Federal prison guard shift. The decapitation information did not make the newspaper. I got that from a sheriff.

BTW, I'm always on the H-3 freeway. Speed limit in the fastest sections are 60 mph. I have witnessed a number of a-hole bikers putting other people at risk.

Another Marine returning to base late at night, but going over the Pali Hwy on a bike, failed to stick to the curve due to high speed, hit the curb, flew forward and managed to instantly amputate his leg on the traffic sign on the other side of the divided highway.

I'm no prude on speed, but I don't include stupidity.

yarro
June 09, 2010, 00:55
I used to drive down through Oak Creek Canyon north of Sedona in AZ when I had a bike. We were all young and drove too fast. One Sunday, an even more foolish group blew by us. One of them tucked the bike under on a turn and flew off into the void. His buddy's couldn't even get down to his body. Motocycles are very unforgiving of screw ups.

-yarro

HughJass
June 09, 2010, 10:31
I've been on street bikes for 31 years. Rode around western Europe and the parts of the US. Tossed it down a few times back then. Now the only time I'm on the street is to ride a dualsport bike out to go off-roading. Funny how age SOMETIMES makes you pull your head out a little.

dirtyrice
June 09, 2010, 12:00
Originally posted by wpsuth
Dirtyrice, did you say "full gear?" FULL GEAR???

No entirely sure how much leathers help at 150mph. The helmet was just keeping bugs out of his eyes. The word "donorcycle" exists for a reason.

Fun to watch, but the guy's a moron.

Well the professional guys that race go down at pretty high speeds and are ok more often than not. Of course they don't have cars around them which can run them over once they hit the pavement. When I say full gear I mean an entire suit with kevlar/armor in the right places and gloves with kevlar/carbon fiber armor over the knuckles and a reinforcement to prevent your wrists from breaking, a good helmet, a pair of boots that protect your ankle from snapping. Like you would see at a pro race.

You may not survive but if you do you'll be glad your skin is still there. Though still your chance of surviving depends on how you hit the ground. When it comes to my life I'd spend as much on gear as necessary. And yes I also realize they have padded barriers unlike the concrete ones on the highway and that the sand helps slow them down but still.

Haven't you ever seen a video of a racer go down and slide across the asphalt? I.e. not getting shredded. Of course if you're rolling as you do it you're gonna hurt a lot more. Obviously leather does something.

******** width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1sub4rQ0c5c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1sub4rQ0c5c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HawaiiFALer
June 09, 2010, 20:50
:confused: :confused: :confused: Ughhhhhhhhhh. You're not proposing that IF the rider had FULL GEAR as you elaborate, then it is okay for them to weave in and out of regular freeway traffic while going 140 mph, OR are you? :? :]

dirtyrice
June 09, 2010, 23:44
Is that what I fugging said? I already stated a long time ago, that kind of shit is for the track. But being as I see this kind of shit a lot around here maybe i'm just desensitized. I was just saying if someone is gonna be that stupid I would hope they would wear proper gear. But again if they did they wouldn't be stupid so I doubt he was.

HawaiiFALer
June 10, 2010, 03:17
Is that what I fugging said? I already stated a long time ago, that kind of shit is for the track. But being as I see this kind of shit a lot around here maybe i'm just desensitized. I was just saying if someone is gonna be that stupid I would hope they would wear proper gear. But again if they did they wouldn't be stupid so I doubt he was.
Okay. I see what you're stating.

When these a-holes do this is regular traffic, I hope they kill only themselves. All too often, they take the innocent ones with them.

davedude
June 10, 2010, 19:16
Funny how age SOMETIMES makes you pull your head out a little.

hugh don't you ride a CR500? I'm sorry but if thats true then your head is still stuck up there pretty far. Just sayin. The 500 is a major handful, it ages me just riding one of them. :D

Love that video! But I'm glad my Super Sherpa dualsport tops out at 70mph with the current gearing. Unfortunatly, I don't need to go fast to drop it.

Dave Dude

dirtyrice
June 10, 2010, 22:58
Originally posted by HawaiiFALer

Okay. I see what you're stating.

When these a-holes do this is regular traffic, I hope they kill only themselves. All too often, they take the innocent ones with them.

While i'm sure it happens i'm assuming from the bikers I know and the accidents i've read about. It's usually more common that if they go down they are just gonna get run over by multiple cars. I usually don't hear about people running over the biker and then crashing. I guess if he landed on your windshield. And being as I do know some people that ride I hear a lot more of cars/trucks etc running over/hitting bikers because they weren't paying attention.

Quite a few months ago a bike cop got ran over by a school bus. Idiot driver just wasn't paying attention. I have another bud who had a friend who was really into stunting, doing wheelies down the highway etc. He didn't die due to that though, he died due to someone hitting him when he switched lanes. He was riding with another guy and the guy motioned that it was clear. Sometimes cars around here come up through traffic so fast you don't see them coming.

Knew another guy who was riding through a parking lot when a truck backed out into his path. He hit the truck went through the camper in the back and it decapitated him. So I guess because my girlfriend rides also I just cringe thinking about someone having their skin ripped off. But at the same time if they had it coming, they had it coming. My girlfriend knew another guy who was sitting at a stop light on his bike , a lady rear-ended him and broke both his legs. I just haven't read any stories where a biker got killed and it caused all these people in cars to die also. Usually when bike meets car, car usually wins. What would be a fender bender to another car means death to a biker. Though like I said i'm sure it happens. I won't lie i'm a biker sympathizer :)

Nomad, 2nd
June 11, 2010, 00:14
Wonder whatall it's got on it.

Because I got my CBR up to 168 (NOT in traffic) and my buddies R6 topped out about 20MPH less...

HawaiiFALer
June 11, 2010, 00:31
While i'm sure it happens i'm assuming from the bikers I know and the accidents i've read about. It's usually more common that if they go down they are just gonna get run over by multiple cars. I usually don't hear about people running over the biker and then crashing. I guess if he landed on your windshield. And being as I do know some people that ride I hear a lot more of cars/trucks etc running over/hitting bikers because they weren't paying attention.

Quite a few months ago a bike cop got ran over by a school bus. Idiot driver just wasn't paying attention. I have another bud who had a friend who was really into stunting, doing wheelies down the highway etc. He didn't die due to that though, he died due to someone hitting him when he switched lanes. He was riding with another guy and the guy motioned that it was clear. Sometimes cars around here come up through traffic so fast you don't see them coming.

Knew another guy who was riding through a parking lot when a truck backed out into his path. He hit the truck went through the camper in the back and it decapitated him. So I guess because my girlfriend rides also I just cringe thinking about someone having their skin ripped off. But at the same time if they had it coming, they had it coming. My girlfriend knew another guy who was sitting at a stop light on his bike , a lady rear-ended him and broke both his legs. I just haven't read any stories where a biker got killed and it caused all these people in cars to die also. Usually when bike meets car, car usually wins. What would be a fender bender to another car means death to a bike. Though like I said i'm sure it happens. I won't lie i'm a biker sympathizer :)
There have been enough of the biker killing some innocent other around here. I mentioned one of those earlier in the thread. I guess my scrambled thoughts are picking up random memories of these. I am not against biking, I rode during college days.

Statistics would bear you out. Mostly the biker loses, all by himself. Speed is nearly always the cause.

It does not help their image/support when they have the arrogance to take up the whole road.

Example: Sport biker type slows to 5 mph right in front of you so the 2 cars in front clear out of the long slight uphill road (Pali Hwy again) just so the biker can do a wheelie for over a mile. I'm behind witnessing this foolery and being stopped in traffic by this selfish idiot. If only I could have given him a ticket. :cool: :wink:

Nomad, 2nd
June 11, 2010, 00:35
I wrecked my CBR when a Cager stopped right infront of me and THEN turned on her blinker...

I was doing 50 in an 55, and (Untill my rear wheel lost traction) had more than enough room to stop. (I went for the ditch)

Dumbasses on bikes piss me off even more than ya'll, but you about get killed by cagers DAILY.

Too many people (Including my sister) have no business driving.

1gewehr
June 11, 2010, 10:30
My wife calls bikers like that "Zip-Splats". They go "Zip" when they go by you, and "Splat" when they stop.

In my younger and dumber days, I rode stupidly at times. Of course, how stupid can you get on a Yamaha 650 twin? Went down once at 60mph in a curve when I hit some sand. Neither the bike nor I hit anything, and as it was cold, I was wearing enough stuff to not lose any skin.

I sold my old 1984 V65 Sabre a year ago when I had knee surgery. I'm getting better and looking for another one. Sure, it can be insanely quick. But I like the option of accelerating out of trouble as quickly as I can brake or maneuver out of it. I like sitting upright, and I can't afford (OK, it's more 'won't spend for') a BMW, so the old Honda is my best choice.

After 30 years of riding, my advice to riders is to expect that every driver out there is trying to kill you. The one you ignore is the one who will kill you.

Ride safe, guys!

2whiskeyP
June 11, 2010, 12:15
Originally posted by martin35
Hope he likes surprises.

Marine #1 or #2? lol

dirtyrice
June 11, 2010, 12:16
Originally posted by HawaiiFALer

There have been enough of the biker killing some innocent other around here. I mentioned one of those earlier in the thread. I guess my scrambled thoughts are picking up random memories of these. I am not against biking, I rode during college days.

Statistics would bear you out. Mostly the biker loses, all by himself. Speed is nearly always the cause.

It does not help their image/support when they have the arrogance to take up the whole road.

Example: Sport biker type slows to 5 mph right in front of you so the 2 cars in front clear out of the long slight uphill road (Pali Hwy again) just so the biker can do a wheelie for over a mile. I'm behind witnessing this foolery and being stopped in traffic by this selfish idiot. If only I could have given him a ticket. :cool: :wink:

I've seen cars do this on the highway too. Not for wheelies but just to race. When its a part of the highway that is only two lanes. At first I was like wtf are these guys doing and then ZOOM. Like I said the wheelie thing isn't uncommon around here. I just hate when someone on a sport bike cuts way too close when coming through traffic. But again that is all too common. I've had a big group do this at night once. I just stayed still cuz I didn't wanna smash one of em. I was also driving with my mom and a group of banditos did the same thing. But 1%'s usually always do that. One drove past us on the shoulder, I don't think they like waiting in traffic.

tac-40
June 11, 2010, 12:29
I have seen and worked many bike wrecks on the highways and city streets. Full gear or not, when the human body impacts any of the obstacles in, on or around the roads at speed, it normally ends up in several pieces.

It is bad enough trying to keep the other idiots on the road from whacking you while driving normal speeds. But going twice the speed is suicide.