PDA

View Full Version : A web browser...for black people. Not a joke.

Manedwolf
January 02, 2010, 18:09
I thought it was a joke. It isn't a joke.

I didn't think this sort of insularity was overly productive in any context, but there you go.

http://www.blackbirdhome.com/index.html

Ricketts
January 02, 2010, 18:16
I can close my eyes and imagine the outcry 'RACIST' if there was a "Whitebird".

We are doomed to become South Africa.

L Haney
January 02, 2010, 18:17
I looked at the home page for that and I don't see a single thing wrong with this.
No more than a browser customized for a sports fan. I say good for the developer.

jdmcomp
January 02, 2010, 18:27
Typical "Keep'em in the Ghetto" crap that has handicapped many blacks for years. Read the description explaining why one would want to use their search engine. Sorry, this is just exploitation marketing.

STGThndr
January 02, 2010, 21:09
There IS a "Whitebird".... it's called "StormFront".

homelandprotector
January 02, 2010, 21:22
I wonder if Obummer uses it :?

martin35
January 02, 2010, 22:42
There exists a separate black culture and blacks should have a browser that identifies their interests, one of the most prevalent mantras is "give back to the black community", it's the foundation of many black churches that seek black supplicants. A lot of organizations black and white require and or cater to ethnicity to maintain a desirable social environment.
It would be of informative to monitor interpretations of mutual interest subjects.

Colosseum
January 03, 2010, 01:28
They might as well have just done away with the slick layout and just written, "YO HOMEDOGS THIS BE A WEB BROWSER".

SWOHFAL
January 03, 2010, 11:11
This mean all the web advertising pop-ups are for malt liquor, menthol cigarettes, hair care products and Cadillacs? :rofl:

dirtyrice
January 03, 2010, 11:52
surprised they didn't show a screenshot of them looking at "blackplanet" which is like the black version of myspace.

xtremerange
January 03, 2010, 17:01
Originally posted by STGThndr
There IS a "Whitebird".... it's called "StormFront".

i made a point of moving from Blackbird to Stormfront and back again several times. Hope it fucks up someones analytics.

pns112500
January 03, 2010, 17:24
Originally posted by homelandprotector
I wonder if Obummer uses it :?

Only half the time.

Sgt_Gold
January 03, 2010, 20:27
If the advertising ratio follows other black pop culture media outlets, it will be 80% Spreewell rims, 15% Rémy Martin and Hennessy VSOP, and 5% anything P-diddy is frontin for. :rofl:

Originally posted by SWOHFAL
This mean all the web advertising pop-ups are for malt liquor, menthol cigarettes, hair care products and Cadillacs? :rofl: :rofl:

Enquiring Minds
January 03, 2010, 21:16
Originally posted by pns112500

I wonder if Obummer uses it?

Only half the time.

:rofl: :bow: (*bah-DUM-TSSSss!*)

Clyde the Pointer
January 03, 2010, 21:23
Really people, racism isn't all it's trumped up to be. I understand the discussion of some topics but I can assure you that racism isn't one of them.

This is first and foremost a gun board and I would think that anyone with an interest in guns is welcome. Manedwolf you can take your racist crap elsewhere as far as I am concerned. Grow up.