PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Ghost Story Thread!

P.I. Staker
October 31, 2009, 05:09
It's the 31st once again, All Hallow's Eve!

Let's hear some of ya'lls best ghost stories!

powermad
October 31, 2009, 05:52
Back in the 70's my dad took us out to the hills behind Bisbee Az to live.
No electricity, running water etc.
We lived in this old cabin and my brother and I shared a room in the back.
Not long after we were there all kinds of weird stuff went on in that room.

My brother and I shared a bed and that damn thing used to shake and hop all over the place.
Lay awake all night hearing footsteps that no one was attached to.
Scared the shit out of us.

No one seen it but us, got our ass whipped for being stupid a few times.
Creepy shit, I remember us hanging onto each other for dear life.

I was never so glad to get out of there.
For the longest time my brother and I slept on the floor even after that.

lew
October 31, 2009, 07:12
I don' gots none. It's too weird around here with my bru and I for Paranormal Activity (Go see it today in theatres!) to occur. I'm fairly certain that most ghosts would want no part in this.

[The previous was a paid advertisement by Paramount Pictures.]

doodster
October 31, 2009, 08:22
Originally posted by powermad
Back in the 70's my dad took us out to the hills behind Bisbee Az to live.
No electricity, running water etc.
We lived in this old cabin and my brother and I shared a room in the back.
Not long after we were there all kinds of weird stuff went on in that room.

My brother and I shared a bed and that damn thing used to shake and hop all over the place.
Lay awake all night hearing footsteps that no one was attached to.
Scared the shit out of us.

No one seen it but us, got our ass whipped for being stupid a few times.
Creepy shit, I remember us hanging onto each other for dear life.

I was never so glad to get out of there.
For the longest time my brother and I slept on the floor even after that.

Bisbee AZ is creepy enough as it is without ghost stories. Passed through there once and spent the day during a vacation. Wanted to take the silver mine tour but it was full so we ended up wandering around town for the day. It is a very strange town. There was a haunted hotel or something there too that is now a restaurant (pretty decent food too). Lots of acid baked hippies everywhere. One wierdo was running around asking everyone if they had seen her dog and I thought her eyes were going to pop out of her skull. When I said "No, haven't seen any dogs", she started yelling "DON'T LEAVE, DON'T LEAVE", then started sprinting down the street. Very strange.

TheChief94
October 31, 2009, 14:09
Back around late 1961 or so, my family was living on base at Fort McPherson, GA in what was called Wherry Housing. I was then 5 years old, and had been sent to bed just after nightfall (had Kindergarten the next day). My room faced the street, and we had a street light shining upon the venetian blinds covering my window. It was chilly outside, and we had light rain on and off all evening. There was an old tree off to one side, so I could see the shadow of the bare limbs moving sporadically in the gusts.

I woke up really late that night for no apparent reason. Still windy and rainy, house was quiet, everyone asleep. As I laid there, I noticed a shadow pass in front of my window, left to right; kinda wondered what that was about, but we had a sidewalk in front of the house, so figured someone was just getting home a bit late. Several minutes went by, and then I heard LOUD pounding on the front door...after several seconds, I hollered for my parents, saying that someone was outside - no response.

A few minutes later, the hair on the back of my neck stood up, and I looked towards the doorway of my bedroom. Standing there was "something," quite tall, in a dark hood, absolutely silent. I was so worked up I couldn't vocalize ("paralyzed by fear" comes to mind), as it slowly worked "it's" way towards my bed. I could hear a "swish," like cloth being moved and rubbed against the floor and furniture. By the time "it" reached my bed, I was ready to soil myself, and then saw what appeared to be a knife of some kind in one hand. As it was raised and came down, I FINALLY found my voice, hollered LOUDLY and pushed past "it" (yes, I could actually FEEL it!) and made a beeline for my parents room.

They had no idea what was going on, only that I was freaking out, had a laceration on my lower left leg, and REFUSED to go back in that room. I stayed with my parents that night, and in to morning, went back with my mother so she could show me there was nothing in the room that would hurt me. She couldn't however, explain just why the sheets I had on the bed showed a cut in the fabric and blood where my left leg had been, along with a blood trail from my bed to their room.

Took me years before I could sleep fully stretched out...still have a small white scar from it...

gunseller
October 31, 2009, 14:09
You just need to stop at my house. See my Grandfather or Grandmother every once in a while. Saw my Grandmother sitting by my son's bed three nights ago. Oh I should tell you they have been dead sense the 1960s.
Steve

Story
November 03, 2009, 09:34
IT SOUNDS like a spooky Halloween story but the author of a book about a medieval Irish witch has discovered an incredible coincidence linking her to her subject.

Some would say this eerie story surrounding Dame Alice Kyteler, who escaped being burned at the stake on witchcraft charges, is beyond belief.

Kilkenny woman Claire Nolan published a book in 2008 on the life of the notorious noblewoman who disappeared without trace in 1324.

She was thought to have supernatural powers and to have poisoned several men, including three of her husbands.

Some 3,000 miles away in the US midwest, back in 2003, an artist painted a portrait of Alice because he liked her story, having come across it in a library in New York.

Paddy Shaw had never heard of Claire Nolan or her book called 'The Stone' -- he couldn't have, because it wasn't written until five years later.

At the time when he was exhibiting the painting in New York, Claire Nolan's book was just an idea.

Earlier this year, Paddy was clearing out his studio and decided it was time to send Alice home. He gave the painting, without charge, to Nicky Flynn of Kyteler's Inn on St Kieran Street in Kilkenny city. Where the pub now stands is where Alice once lived.

A few weeks ago, the painting was brought to the attention of Claire's father, well-known genealogist Pat Nolan.

Pat was "flabbergasted" when he saw it. The resemblance to his daughter was "uncanny". "I almost fell over with shock," he said.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/art-may-be-imitating-life-in-one-uncanny-portrait-1929946.html