PDA

View Full Version : Song lyrics

AndyC
April 03, 2009, 21:36
This is driving me crazy.

There's a song I vaguely remember from being a kid in the 70's - Tom Jones or Engelbert Humperdink kind of style - where a guy is going to take revenge and shoot his wife's murderer.

Anyone know what the song is called?

astroman2057
April 04, 2009, 03:09
Tom Jones-Delilah??

USMC 0341
April 04, 2009, 09:10
Does this ring a bell?

I saw the light on the night that I passed by her window
I saw the flickering shadows of love on her blind
She was my woman
As she deceived me I watched and went out of my mind
My, my, my, Delilah
Why, why, why, Delilah
I could see that girl was no good for me
But I was lost like a slave that no man could free
At break of day when that man drove away, I was waiting
I cross the street to her house and she opened the door
She stood there laughing
I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more

vmtz
April 04, 2009, 10:33
Hey Joe But it is not by the above.

Fr. Vince

phillip
April 04, 2009, 11:03
******** width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0g-3kYRzXI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0g-3kYRzXI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Radio
April 04, 2009, 11:45
That is not an uncommon theme. As a "kid in the 70s" the song in question could be from the 70s, 60s, 50s. At least we know it was a male singer and not a rock and roll song.

How many times did you hear the song back then? Once or twice and it could be a "stiff", lots of times would be something else. Assuming this was SA could complicate things a bit although usually a release is all over the place although there certainly are exceptions. Can you give us any more??

--Radio

Cmdr. Gravez0r
April 04, 2009, 20:13
Sounds like Hank Williams Jr, "I Got Rights"

I went down to the Mary Cater Paint Store
I said, give me one of them Smith & Wesson Magnum .44s
Cause there's a man that the law let loose and justice was not done
This man he killed my wife and my only little son

Sound right?

AndyC
April 05, 2009, 09:17
No, none of the above (but thanks). It wasn't a South African artist - I heard this a whole bunch of times and the first name that comes to mind is Tom Jones because it was his type of voice, sort of soaring with dramatic music.