PDA

View Full Version : The Grand Jury returns a verdict of Murder

Dean P
April 01, 2009, 20:47
In the first degree in my sons killing, it took a long 15 minutes to make a decision.

I thank the Texas Ranger Bradford from Mineral Wells, Texas in getting the job done.

The Palo Pinto County Sheriff's Office will claim the credit, but it took some ass kicking from the Ranger for them to do it.

DYNOMIKE
April 01, 2009, 20:51
I am terribly sorry for your loss Dean, but it is good to know that Justice prevailed and that POS will be punished.. I am glad his large bank account will be of no use to him and hope that with this conviction your other suit will be quickly concluded as well..

akajun
April 01, 2009, 20:52
Dean P, glad you are getting justice from somewhere, however remember that an indictment is a long way from a conviction. A lot depends on the DA and I know the suspect is very politicaly connected. I know you said the Sheriffs Office was not very cooperative, but how has the DA been?

RacerRTR
April 01, 2009, 20:53
Continued prayers for you and your family.

Dean P
April 01, 2009, 21:35
The DA office was disgusted with the first investigation by the Sheriffs office.

They even withheld evidence in the case, no tests of the killer.

No arrest until 12 hours after the fact, even letting the killer go home to sleep off his drunk.
The Ranger stepped in after a long discussion with me.

He then sent every thing the Sheriffs office had to the crime lab in Austin.

The Sheriffs office had the first autopsy & forensics report from Dallas.

It plainly showed my son was shot from behind from several feet away, with number 4 buck.

The lead investigater from the sheriff office sent a letter to the State AG office, denying us aid from the crime victims fund to pay for the funeral.

He claimed in the letter that my son contributed to his own death.

worldskipper
April 02, 2009, 06:40
Dean glad to hear your family's day in court is happening.

Does this mean it's going to move to trial now? (When is it?)

I hope this means that the death penalty is in the cards.

(I don't want to feed another killer for the next 30 yrs)

Dean P
April 02, 2009, 07:16
The date of the arraignment has not been set yet.

But when it is I intend to be there, along with the 2 trials.

But I don't think I will enjoy either one

martin35
April 02, 2009, 07:27
Does this mean the murderer will be arrested and arraigned?
Justice can be slow when dealing with the privileged rich.
Good luck to you and your family.

The investigator can be made to prove his allegation and if false make restitution. Accountability needs to be pursued in my opinion.
Wrongful death could transfer some wealth here I'm thinking, rich drunks are a hazard in our state. We need more poor drunks like they have in other states.

Dean P
April 02, 2009, 07:32
Will's family is flat out disgusted with him. they know this will bust up the main part of the ranch 13 thousand acres.

He inherited his mothers part of the ranch, I believe she is still alive pushing 80.

Will only has 2 next of kin his half bro is suffering from alzheimers & sister.

I know them all & I do respect them.

Scott S
April 02, 2009, 14:10
I know it's probably little consolation, but it's good to hear the outcome. You and yours take care.

Para Driver
April 02, 2009, 15:40
Dean, sorry to hear your still dealing with this. The killer will get his own, one way or another, in this world or the next.

lew
April 02, 2009, 15:40
Good news, if there is any from this situation. Sorry for your loss.

phillip
April 02, 2009, 16:15
this is good news indeed.

RT
April 02, 2009, 16:32
Dean sue for violations of your son's civial rites, and take his ranch like ron goldman's dad did to OJ. for the murder of his son. it wount bring your boy back. but it can help his kid's. i am praying for you and your family~Richard. may God keep you safe in his arms with his love~RT

jeffrey
April 02, 2009, 20:56
Dean, let me add my prayers for peace for your family and for justice.If that Sheriff's. Dept. is really
playing games with truth and justice, they are as bad as the murderer himself.
Jeff

Abominog
April 02, 2009, 22:12
Dean, it still hurts to think that one of our own lost so much.

While it will likely be additional heartbreak and hardship, some people/ agencies might improve services if a civil lawsuit ensues. As painful as it is, the loss of your son might well make a positive difference in somebody else's life.

This is my politically correct way to say that the assclown who sent the killer home should himself be hung to demonstrate the cost of incompetence. Which, in any language, can improve others' performance.

Muggzy
April 03, 2009, 11:40
I would like to add my prayers for you and family too, Dean.

I am just not sure of myself on how I would have handled this.

StarPD
April 04, 2009, 00:34
My condolences on the loss of your son, Dean.

Looks like you will see justice.
I'm glad for you, for that at least.

Please keep us posted.

Radio
April 04, 2009, 13:24
Just another chapter in an extremely tragic and unnecessary story.

No, you won't enjoy it, but yes, you do need to be there. As you already know of course. My condolences that this issue remains before you, and will for some time to come; someday you will finally have closure and peace. God bless you until then.

--Radio

skfullgun
April 04, 2009, 14:49
I continue to keep you and the family in my thoughts and prayers.

Dean P
April 04, 2009, 17:39
The hearing is some time next week, our lawyer thinks it will never go to court.

The County is broke & he has good chance of appeal & bargining for a lesser sentence.

Either way it gives our lawyer a means of playing hardball on discloser of assets.

My sons said they are going along with the lawsuit for the 2 girls future but the rest smacks of blood money.

One grandson is upset because he went with the shooters daughter & was threatened at one time but does not want to appear in court.

I told his uncles to let it go, we were all young at one time.

fry
April 07, 2009, 15:03
thanks for the update.