PDA

View Full Version : Bridal Shower Question

FAL freek
March 21, 2009, 16:33
I've been told that it's expected of me to attend a bridal shower. Me being a guy always assumed that it's just an excuse for girls to get together and gab and give gifts. Now I'm being told that I should attend. Is this a new concept or has it always been that way?

Para Driver
March 21, 2009, 16:36
Hell no, go to a strip club and enjoy your last remaining days of freedom...

ThunderGod
March 21, 2009, 17:29
Yeah, it's yet another one of those trendy, Friends-inspired, Metro-guy things.:rolleyes:

Ron L
March 21, 2009, 17:36
Only if you're the groom. Then only maybe.

RG Coburn
March 21, 2009, 17:36
The guys who go to bridal showers wear lime geen slacks and talk with a lisp.

gunseller
March 21, 2009, 17:59
When my best freind's lady had one Doug was told he had to go. I, being his best man, was told by Doug that if he had to go I did also, my wife was going to be there. So Doug and I went drunk. Worked OK they are working on 30 years and my wife and I are working on 32 years.
Steve

RT
March 21, 2009, 18:13
tell her it will be fun to shower with her friend, why do they wash her anyway she can do by her self. if she is getting married why the shower, a bubble bath would be more fun, just saying~R:wink:

gunnut1
March 21, 2009, 18:22
I went to all of my wife's bridal showers and had a good time at all of them.
Ya never know what the gals will come up with. Besides, the shower is for both of you.

GW870
March 21, 2009, 18:25
Lordy, things have changed!!
Back in my day, if guys had showed up at a bridal
shower, they'ed have been peppered with shoes,
purses, and God knows what else. Then they'ed
have been led away by the ear for a lecture. The
lucky ones would've then been let loose.

Any gifts they may have brought would have been
closely examined and commented upon by the group.
And if it was something especially nice, the rest of
the herd would Really start eyeing the bride!

It just wasn't done, y'all.

jaykden
March 21, 2009, 18:31
i was banned from my wifes bridal shower......

i crashed the party anyway and got free food...

:rofl:

hagar
March 21, 2009, 19:23
Get yourself arrrested, break a leg, or do something radical so you can get out of it..:eek:

phil in indy
March 21, 2009, 19:48
I've been invited to several. Declined all of them, offered my appreciation for the invite but then stated I believe that's a gal thing. As a matter of fact I've declined baby showers also.

phillip
March 21, 2009, 21:02
Sharon sez "sometimes", I sez "no way Hozey"

Gazz
March 22, 2009, 08:50
Are you sure you are not going to be the entertainment? They didn't ask you to come in cop uniform or anything like that did they?

A-ALLOY
March 22, 2009, 10:48
Think twice about it. A party for chicks with then all worked up about the most important day in there life. No way no how.

vmtz
March 22, 2009, 13:57
Go, you can always hit on the bride's maids. Never know you just might score.

Aside from that, if it makes your old lady happy do it. That stuff pays off in the long run.

Fr. Vince

torquemada055
March 22, 2009, 14:04
Just make sure you take enough soap, shampoo, and body spray so that she wont be offended by the lack of forethought and expense in your gift.

ggiilliiee
March 22, 2009, 14:22
oh man your missing an opportunity ....get ya some of those personal fingie tip trojan vibrators ( one for each finger) ...oil up ,go in a do it for god and country ....!!!!...kinda like 'edward orgasmo hands "....youll be the life of the party ...:bow:

skeeterbay
March 22, 2009, 17:57
GW870 Wrote: "Lordy, things have changed!!"

+1:bow: :bow: :bow:

Must be something new. I don't recall ever hearing of a man being ask to attend a bridal shower. It just wasn't the norm. Isn't the best man suppose to take the groom and friends out on that night?

Edited to add: I would feel like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs if I had to go to one.

Skeeter!

Arby
March 22, 2009, 21:19
Originally posted by Lewis Wetzel
Real men do NOT go to bridal showers.

Correct. Proper etiquette has it that bridal showers are for the feminine gender. For the other gender, bachelor parties are the appropriate celebrations. It is wholly acceptable for the latter of these affairs to be totally debauched.

Jeeezzz! You guys don't know this?? :eek:

FAL freek
March 22, 2009, 23:19
Originally posted by Arby

Correct. Proper etiquette has it that bridal showers are for the feminine gender. For the other gender, bachelor parties are the appropriate celebrations. It is wholly acceptable for the latter of these affairs to be totally debauched.

Jeeezzz! You guys don't know this?? :eek: My sentiments exactly. Thought there was a reason they had the bridal showers and the bachelor parties. I was thinking that would about equate to a woman attending the bachelor party. Sounds bout as bad as a SAW butt stock on a FAL. Just wrong in sooooo many ways.

But breaking a leg or a car wreck sounds like a good idea. Don't wanna be labeled "metrosexual".

StarPD
March 22, 2009, 23:36
If it is YOUR wife or GF holding the shower, you MIGHT be asked to stick around and help out. In that case, you will be expected to be a gofer but otherwise to make yourself scarce. You will then be expected to help with the post shower cleanup. Pray that this does not happen.

If it's not YOUR wife or GF holding the shower, or if it is and you have not been asked to give a hand, do yourself and the attendees a big favor. Grab the groom and his groomsmen, and go do something fun, like shooting, or small game hunting.

Do not for any reason show your sensitive side by volunteering to help out and/or actually attend the shower yourself. The rest of your life will result in a shortage of sex, and you will be expected to do all the household chores.

Do NOT believe any of those PC lies about how important it is for you to participate in such a momentous event, and/or how things have changed either.

You've been warned.

canman
March 22, 2009, 23:44
I've gone to friends' "co-ed" bridal showers. They were okay....I guess. I did not go to my wife's shower....and it doesn't sound like I missed much.

If your wife-to-be doesn't uderstand that there are some things you guys just don't need to do together....RUN!

I love museums...history, art, military...you name it. My wife gets bored easily and doesn't really like most museums...especially the ones related to guns or war. She always says she wants to go....we're BOTH happier when she doesn't.

Canman

dirtyrice
March 23, 2009, 00:33
I probably wouldn't go. Even my girlfriend thinks its just for the girls. Especially because if they give your newly wed something to wear for you as a present you won't know about it.

I don't think the idea of getting drunk with a buddy and going is too bad.

hagar
March 23, 2009, 07:33
Next thing you know, these wimmin would want to come to our bachelor partys!:? And that would truly be the end of the world as we know it..:cry:

ratas calientes
March 23, 2009, 11:56
Go if you are ghey. :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://chilirat.com/emoticons/chilirat.gif

dscottch
March 23, 2009, 12:55
Originally posted by FAL freek
I've been told that it's expected of me to attend a bridal shower. Me being a guy always assumed that it's just an excuse for girls to get together and gab and give gifts. Now I'm being told that I should attend. Is this a new concept or has it always been that way?

Hey you, you're outta the redneck club! :D

Scott