PDA

View Full Version : Are Americans ignorant in financial crisis

martin35
September 29, 2008, 09:09
Are Americans ignorant in financial crisis, the people we elect and send to Washington DC are and they are reflection of us as a whole.
I don't claim any special knowledge,
I only know what the rules used to be and we no longer follow them.
I was born into a world depression and I don't want to go out on one.
Perhaps someone can clue me in.

Dean P
September 29, 2008, 12:35
Well I think we will both go out in one & one hell of a mess.

It called dumbing down of America, in schools mainly.

Now in politics, when some one like 0bama can be elected in spite of his record.

There is no hope for this Country when we have the corrupt government that we elected.

Mebsuta
September 29, 2008, 12:50
Yeah they are pretty much ignernt. I guess. I don't know.

Dean P
September 29, 2008, 13:26

Well can you think of any thing else?

When you have one of the best top trial lawyers in this area going ape for him.

martin35
September 29, 2008, 14:18

Case in point.

Mebsuta
September 29, 2008, 15:15
O boy U R on top of your game today. :)

SIG552
September 29, 2008, 15:20
Originally posted by Mebsuta
O boy U R on top of your game today. :)

:rofl:

Mebsuta
September 29, 2008, 15:20
Dean DABTL is just crazy from a lifetime of battling stuff. Obama suxx but God dang I wish McCain would get rid of that Carly Fiorina. Is there anyone with less regard for the working stiff American than her?

Dean P
September 29, 2008, 15:36
Dean DABTL is just crazy from a lifetime of battling stuff. Obama suxx but God dang I wish McCain would get rid of that Carly Fiorina. Is there anyone with less regard for the working stiff American than her?
I agree with you 100%:p

renaissance_warrior
September 29, 2008, 15:54
Well when 90% of the people vote against something and the govenment does the exact opposite, what kind of government do we really have? :mad:

English Mike
September 29, 2008, 17:23
Originally posted by renaissance_warrior
Well when 90% of the people vote against something and the govenment does the exact opposite, what kind of government do we really have? :mad:

A de facto dictatorship.

Looks like the fat cats listened to the mice THIS time though.

renaissance_warrior
September 29, 2008, 17:27
Yes it does. :shades: Just like that POS 'amnesty bill'.

RRotz
September 29, 2008, 18:28
OMG! So much bad speling in this thread! :rofl:

in regards to the markets....BURN BABY BURN!

Kokling
October 01, 2008, 00:11
Most are wrapped in personal riches and pampered by special interests. Its all a class act they mastered to show they are pro people but in reality its self centeredness. Congress has a subculture of its own and most are easily swayed into it.

In ways of our kids and how we raise them , maybe we can learn from this.

http://2mminutes.com/

FNfreak
October 01, 2008, 07:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXWMfjS51g4

:sad:

shlomo
October 01, 2008, 07:41
If you want to get a glimpse of the average American, go to craigslist.com and read around a bit in "rants and raves".

You'll want to drink hemlock afterward.

martin35
October 01, 2008, 11:54
This is a link with a brief assessment of the events leading to our last Great Depression.
http://www.emayzine.com/lectures/19281932.htm

Ricketts
October 01, 2008, 12:11
You want to see REAL Americans?? Go to Walmart on Friday night after the paychecks come out.

Shoot me.

Kokling
October 01, 2008, 12:58
I always pass by the deli area where they have takeout food. I see lots of kids eating corndogs.

As for buying groceries and getting to pay, allow at least 30 min to get to the cashier. Carts full of goodies front of you and back with mamas whipping out their food stamp cards while u tried counting your cash in turn.

Kyrottimus
October 01, 2008, 14:43
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k312/Wunderschlung/Fire.jpg

arashi
October 01, 2008, 15:07
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage." Sir Alex Fraser Tyler (1742-1813)

RG Coburn
October 01, 2008, 19:02
We're long overdue for a culling.

yarro
October 01, 2008, 20:40
Most Americans do not realize that the Great Depression was caused by Federal Reserve actions and policies and then made worse by their's and the governments actions. They are constantly told how the New Deal helped America when in reality it made the Depression worse. The UK did nothing and were out of it in 2 years. The 1907 Depression had little government intervention it last about a year. During the 1918 depression, the governement did nothing and it lasted 18 months, but almost every encombent lost the next election so polititians learned that anything is better than nothing even if it makes it worse. Nothing will fix confidence in the banking system except to remove fear that my money will disappear in a bank failure. The only way to do this is to remove all FDIC limits on insured deposits so large depositor, which have been the major players in the latest bank runs don't need to be so jumpy.

-Yarro

Skilter
October 03, 2008, 12:16
Yarro is correct...

Financial crisis before large election cycles can be devastating to the stability of the markets over a long term.

martin35
October 03, 2008, 15:31
We and other countries made our selves vulnerable by policies that are contiguously linked to countries invested heavily and dependent on international trade. In 1932 Europe led by the Directer of the Bank of England called for the redemption of of US dollars they held in gold and pushed our drowning economy further down,, a smart move on their part but caused FDR to take the dollar off the gold standard and the world lost confidence in our currency,,, like we are doing now as we run our printing presses over time to give money away. America was the 20th centuries fall guy.

Rusty Shackelford
October 03, 2008, 16:04
People are basically sheep. It's worse when the shtf because you've really got no one to turn to for leadership. McCain said he was going back to DC to lead and failed miserably. Obama sat on his hands, watched McCain screw the pooch, and somehow came out the hero. And yet, both voted for the bill.

Politics has just become one big game of survivor.

[486]
October 03, 2008, 18:10
It seems a good idea would be to move to Alaska then "disappear" too bad I'm not 18 [and not all that self-sufficient]...