PDA

View Full Version : Someone just tried to break into my house.


Otis Treekiller
April 26, 2008, 02:55
So I was sitting in my living room watching TV about 2:00am, when I hear something scratching against the sliding door in the kitchen. At first I thought it was one of the cats, so imagine my surprise when I look up and see a Hispanic man pushing with considerable force against the door. Fortunately, he was pushing against the stationary side.

I yelled, "Hey, WTF are you doing?", but he didn't even acknowledge me, just kept pushing against the door. After I yelled at him a couple more times, he looked up, and pointed inside. Again I told him to get the **** on outta here, and retrieved the phone and my S&W66. Meanwhile, the dude left my deck, but stayed in the back yard, never saying a word. At this point, I noted that he wasn't wearing shoes, just socks on his feet.

While I was on the 911 line, he came back onto the deck, still not saying a word, but he seemed to understand that I wasn't going to allow him in, even though I hadn't pointed my gun at him. I kept it at my side and angled behind the kitchen counter, just in case there were more of them. By now I'm starting to get the feeling that this is one drunk Mexican who either got lost or had a wreck down at the end of the road.

When the deputies get there about five minutes later, he doesn't seem to understand their commands to get on the ground and keep his hands out of his pockets, so they help him to the ground, sans taser, and cuff him. The guy is mumbling something in Spanish now. When they get him in the car and start using some Spanglish to let him know that he was being arrested for attempted B&E, he says something about telephone. One deputy says, "That telephone almost got you shot."

Fleabus
April 26, 2008, 03:26
Ya never know about these things. Time to calm down. Glad yer OK. Best...

skeeterbay
April 26, 2008, 05:34
Sounds like you used good judgement. I am glad it ended without you having to get more involved. Drugs and booze can mess a person up. I have seen drunks walk into a building full of cops and try to start a fight.:? After they got sober they seemed like pretty good fellers and couldn't believe how stupid they had been.

Skeeter!

festus
April 26, 2008, 06:07
If he makes bail he will take off. Follow through and press charges. Hopefully the authorities will establish who he is, and if he is here illegally, deport him after he completes his sentence. I am glad you didn't have to kill him, he sounds like a confused pathetic drunk.

KIT
April 26, 2008, 07:23
You played this one by the numbers otk and I am glad that you and yours are safe. Now, imagine how much more confronational the situation would have become if that sliding door had not been secured.

Home invasions are dramatically on the rise throughout the USA. Interestingly, many entries are gained through unlocked doors and/or through open garages.
There is a lesson for all of us in your story: Keep your residence secured and be prepared for the odd, unexpected event. Finally, maintain control of the situation and use sound judgement.

Adios Mi Amigo......................


-KIT-

1911guy
April 26, 2008, 07:27
Glad you are ok. Quite a situation to be in.

shlomo
April 26, 2008, 07:31
Won't you feel silly if it was only the Messiah, looking to call home? Better not tell Fr. Vince.

ThePitbullofLove
April 26, 2008, 07:35
Originally posted by Otis Treekiller
So I was sitting in my living room watching TV about 2:00am, when I hear something scratching against the sliding door in the kitchen. At first I thought it was one of the cats, so imagine my surprise when I look up and see a Hispanic man pushing with considerable force against the door. Fortunately, he was pushing against the stationary side.

I yelled, "Hey, WTF are you doing?", but he didn't even acknowledge me, just kept pushing against the door. After I yelled at him a couple more times, he looked up, and pointed inside. Again I told him to get the **** on outta here, and retrieved the phone and my S&W66. Meanwhile, the dude left my deck, but stayed in the back yard, never saying a word. At this point, I noted that he wasn't wearing shoes, just socks on his feet.

While I was on the 911 line, he came back onto the deck, still not saying a word, but he seemed to understand that I wasn't going to allow him in, even though I hadn't pointed my gun at him. I kept it at my side and angled behind the kitchen counter, just in case there were more of them. By now I'm starting to get the feeling that this is one drunk Mexican who either got lost or had a wreck down at the end of the road.

When the deputies get there about five minutes later, he doesn't seem to understand their commands to get on the ground and keep his hands out of his pockets, so they help him to the ground, sans taser, and cuff him. The guy is mumbling something in Spanish now. When they get him in the car and start using some Spanglish to let him know that he was being arrested for attempted B&E, he says something about telephone. One deputy says, "That telephone almost got you shot."

Otis, if you were watching TV at 2AM, I'm sure it involved Jergens's and Kleenex....make sure you rinse off that Model 66 :rofl:

RT
April 26, 2008, 07:56
if he wanted to use your phone, he could have held his thumb and pinkie finger to his head like a phone, then you could then handed him a paper and pen so he could have wrote the # down, then you could have called that # if it was local, then you then could handed the phone to him.
I have been to countries and not spoke a word of that language and I got food and drink, with a little jesters with my hands. and there were never any problems. I am glad you are OK, and your Family are safe also. this is America why don't you speak the language of America? Spanish :tongue: ~Richard

2barearms
April 26, 2008, 08:08
OTK

I have two large dogs and two Min Pin ankle shredders, they would have
been going nuts and would have been impossible to control. It would be
hard to imagine a better outcome had it been me. As time goes on this scenario is going to become more familiar to many of us. Thank god you
are ok and didn't have to shoot this idiot.

2ba

ThePitbullofLove
April 26, 2008, 08:14
Originally posted by rtgunsmoke
if he wanted to use your phone, he could have held his thumb and pinkie finger to his head like a phone, then you could then handed him a paper and pen so he could have wrote the # down, then you could have called that # if it was local, then you then could handed the phone to him.
I have been to countries and not spoke a word of that language and I got food and drink, with a little jesters with my hands. and there were never any problems. I am glad you are OK, and your Family are safe also. this is America why don't you speak the language of America? Spanish :tongue: ~Richard

Or Otis could have just capped Pablo and gotten back to his Seka film...:p

GOVTMOD
April 26, 2008, 08:15
They don't knock on doors in Mexico? OH yeah! That's right, those poor Mexicans can't afford doors. Their gov't wont let them have enough to have any.

Logical solution: instead of kicking the bums out of office. Come up here and insist we run our country like their's.

KIT
April 26, 2008, 08:27
Originally posted by ThePitbullofLove


Or Otis could have just capped Pablo and gotten back to his Seka film...:p




An entirely reasonable solution........................................

Ahhhhh a Seka flick in the Betamax...those were indeed the good 'old' days.



-KIT-

WJ-Polish Guy
April 26, 2008, 09:14
Yo yemember bear drinkin thread, somebody was talkin about living in Mexico and their approach to life.
I think since their gobernment provide them with handbook manuals to help cross the border, they should include paragraph on customs here on this side of the river...

"Uno: Gringo esta muy loco pistolero...";)

Bawana jim
April 26, 2008, 09:28
You did the right thing in my opinion but even at that I think of the future. You may never see this guy again or may have to go to court over the deal. It is just time that will be wasted.

I wonder and I do mean wonder if you may have saved someones life in the future if you would have shot this guy dead. His drunken behavior may lead him to killing someone or their kids due to drunk driving. He may go into someone elses house and kill them. I am glad I didn't have to make the call.

jim

doktor_ecchs
April 26, 2008, 10:42
Ya need to getcher happy ass outta the city and hit the mountains, dude. Stuff like that just don't happen up here...:skull:

food for thought,
Dr. X :fal:

ThePitbullofLove
April 26, 2008, 10:56
Originally posted by doktor_ecchs
Ya need to getcher happy ass outta the city and hit the mountains, dude. Stuff like that just don't happen up here...:skull:

food for thought,
Dr. X :fal:

He's not really in the "city". He's out there in the farmlands...

Brett
April 26, 2008, 10:59
You did better than I would have done....and you definately did better than my dogs would have done. They would have had a Mexican dinner.

BiggerHammer24
April 26, 2008, 11:14
I che wa wa Dogs and mex food not good and a few refri beans and you have the making of enought gas to run your truck for days but here in Mich after the gov signed into law the castle law last year if you had to shoot him at least the family would not be able to sue you and you wouldn't have to worry about getting arested. BiggerHammer:skull:

ThePitbullofLove
April 26, 2008, 20:41
Originally posted by KIT





An entirely reasonable solution........................................

Ahhhhh a Seka flick in the Betamax...those were indeed the good 'old' days.



-KIT-

Sadly the speculation on what Otis was doing at 2AM was confirmed by Otis at the pistol shoot today...Pablo got a show...:rofl:

Otis Treekiller
April 26, 2008, 21:01
Originally posted by ThePitbullofLove


Sadly the speculation on what Otis was doing at 2AM was confirmed by Otis at the pistol shoot today...Pablo got a show...:rofl:

Naw, man, there was no Seka flick! Too blond for my tastes!






It was Lisa Deleeuw.

:wink:

Stoney
April 26, 2008, 21:33
Don't do that at my house, there's pistol/riflle/shotgun in every room, sometimes more then one..

ER
April 26, 2008, 21:50
Ya need to getcher happy ass outta the city and hit the mountains, dude. Stuff like that just don't happen up here...
+100, especially in NC if you "feel your life, or the life of a family member, was in danger."

Pablo was bought & paid for when he scratched at the door........;) State Rep Kincaid got that one passed many years ago:eek:

davemcf89
May 02, 2008, 23:46
I'm glad you kept your cool and had a quick police response. Out here we had a trial a few months ago for a retired teacher that shot a drunk kid that was trying to come in through his front door. Turns out the kid thought he was at his house, but was at someone else's. The retired guy was found to have acted in self-defense and made it out OK, but had to go through hell in legal proceedings and still faces people in the community that are pissed at him. You did everything right.

Thorgrimm_the_Vain
May 03, 2008, 06:45
Have you had any remodeling work done recently? With an illegal crew or subcontractors?

fastfreddy
May 03, 2008, 07:32
Originally posted by doktor_ecchs
Ya need to getcher happy ass outta the city and hit the mountains, dude. Stuff like that just don't happen up here...:skull:

food for thought,
Dr. X :fal:

An interesting article in the Wall Street Journal last week showed that hispanic population is 15% of USA and growing fast.

Most of this increase, by far, is in rural areas. The times, they are a changin'