PDA

View Full Version : Grandma broke her neck

splogan
April 18, 2008, 17:05
So I log into the computer expecting to find an email from my wife. I sure did. She had spoken to my mother and my grandmother had fallen and broke her neck. She is in her late 80's so healing from something like that is hard and the fact she is in the later stages of Alzheimer's makes it even worse. Guess it makes my crappy Omelet at midnight chow seem pretty insignificant. That sucks, Im gonna go run a few miles to think on it.

Vulcan
April 18, 2008, 17:48
I'm realy sorry man..........talks cheap at times like this.......

newfalguy101
April 18, 2008, 18:05
man, that sucks

sorry to hear it

prayers offered

AndyC
April 18, 2008, 19:21
Oh, geez - best wishes for gran :eek:

dscottch
April 18, 2008, 22:51
Prayers sent, buddy.

skfullgun
April 19, 2008, 00:08
Granny is in our thoughts and prayers.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayer...

renaissance_warrior
April 19, 2008, 00:20
Splog, prayers for Gran your way. The disease is bad enough, the neck injury isn't a plus in terms of care time. Sorry to hear it my friend! :angel: My prayer is that some good may come out of this in any way or form.

longhair51
April 19, 2008, 21:39
Prayer on the way for your Grandmother, family , and you.

Don

ftierson
April 20, 2008, 00:13
Damn, Matt, I'm sorry to hear the news...

Does your grandmother live out in this area?

Forrest

splogan
April 20, 2008, 09:03
No, she lives back in NY with my parents. Still no updates.

Radio
April 20, 2008, 21:05
Happened to one of our clients while she was drawing up a Trust. Went to the hospital thinking it was a collerbone... HELLO what a surprise. We got that Trust signed FAST, a little shakey but got the job done.

Took her awhile, age 84, but she healed up eventually. I'm sure they'll take good care of your Grandma.

--Radio :bigangel:

http://d21c.com/AnnesPlace/Angels3/AngelChild7.gif

English Mike
April 20, 2008, 21:39
I hope everything works out OK mate.

splogan
April 21, 2008, 05:14
Well I finally got and update. She cracked the C2. They have her immobilized to prevent further damage. She has to have full time supervision, there is a nurse at the bed side 24/7. They want to put her in a home to try to heal up simply because of the demands that would be placed on my parents should she go home. Sadly I think she has given up. Usually she insists my mother buy tons of depends so she won't run out and she told my mother not to get too many it would just be a waste of money. After her husband died (my grandpa) a couple years ago, it seems her health has decayed much quicker. Horrible that in a world with so many advances, we are still reduced to this.

Sgt_Gold
April 21, 2008, 19:48
Prayers sent to your family.