PDA

View Full Version : Did the deputy dissapear his wife?

Fr8dawg
April 01, 2007, 14:56
http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/730/images/news/ParkerSam.jpg

Theresa Parker, a Walker County 911 dispatcher, was reported missing on Saturday, Wilson said. The last known contact with her was with her sister on Wednesday evening.

Search teams are still roaming the mountainous region around Taylor’s Ridge. A helicopter is also flying over the region.

Theresa Parker and her husband, Sam, a 20-year veteran of the LaFayette Police Department, lived on Cordell Road.

LaFayette Public Safety Director Tommy Freeman said his officer has not been placed on leave and is still working his regular shifts.

Despite upgrading the search and bringing in more than 50 people from nearly 10 local and state agencies, authorities have found little more evidence. They are; however, playing their cards close to their vest.

When asked if Sam Parker was under surveillance, Wilson said, “Certainly that would be an investigative technique, an avenue that we would not discuss at this time.”

I know there is an ex arson investigator cop that is in prison in our state for killing his wife and burning down the house. Then there was that highly acclaimed police chief from out west that snapped and busted a cap in his wife.

Do you think cops have higher rate of spousal abuse and murder than the rest of the public or do you think that the media over reports on police committing crimes?

STGThndr
April 01, 2007, 16:16
Cops are humans, too? Who'da thunk it?

leek
April 01, 2007, 16:32
Originally posted by Fr8dawg

Do you think cops have higher rate of spousal abuse and murder than the rest of the public or do you think that the media over reports on police committing crimes?

I believe it is under reported. Here in the Detroit area a Detroit Cop shot his wife three times and then ate his Glock. He did this leaving alone his 4 and 6 yr old children upstairs in the house. It was hardly reported but boy the Tara Grant story was where her husband did the same thing but cut her up and then ran is on the news daily. News services do not have the money to investigate everything and thus depend on the city and police dept news releases to do a lot of their reporting. If the city or police don't like the reporting , they can simply hold back the releases and tell the offending news agency to file a FOIA----freedom of information act. Anotherwords , they'll get the news but it will be weeks late and it will cost them. This my friend is a subtle form of censorship and control and has been in affect for a long time.

Yes, they are human and make the same mistakes. I know that prison guards have a higher degree of spousal abuse than the public in general. So , do fighter pilots. I don't know where LEO --patrol officers fit in on the spousal abuse spectrum. I do know some cops that would kick the crap out of anybody that commited spousal abuse---including cops. And yes , cops do killl other cops. Many examples here in Michigan.

mparrish
April 01, 2007, 18:54
We had a chief of police cap his wife in front of the kids two years ago in Tacoma. Ugly incident. However, homicide by domestic abuse is no greater than society as a whole, just reported in more detail. Some jobs see a greater level of domestic abuse, cops and firefighters being at the top.

Folks seems to want to put cops on pedestals and expect them to be somehow giants in the community or better than all else. The reality is far from that. Wish people would accept that. However, as evidenced by many on this board, not possible nor desired.

English Mike
April 01, 2007, 19:59
Originally posted by mparrish
We had a chief of police cap his wife in front of the kids two years ago in Tacoma. Ugly incident. However, homicide by domestic abuse is no greater than society as a whole, just reported in more detail. Some jobs see a greater level of domestic abuse, cops and firefighters being at the top.

Folks seems to want to put cops on pedestals and expect them to be somehow giants in the community or better than all else. The reality is far from that. Wish people would accept that. However, as evidenced by many on this board, not possible nor desired.

Police Officers SHOULD be held to a higher standard than the average citizen - otherwise they cannot expect the respect they deserve for doing a shitty job.

Jon Frum
April 01, 2007, 20:24
Yep he dissapeared her. Knew a good place to stash the body after 25 years or so (patrolling) in the area.

justashooter
April 02, 2007, 00:46

as i recall, the only murder on record involving use of a registered full auto was comitted by a cop, with an issue gun. he used it to kill his wife.

Fr8dawg
April 02, 2007, 15:04
Originally posted by justashooter

as i recall, the only murder on record involving use of a registered full auto was comitted by a cop, with an issue gun. he used it to kill his wife.

You're thinking of Officer Waller of Searcy v. The City of Dayton fame that murdered his friend's neighbor. In anohter case a wife killed by a registered machine gun was killed by her husband who was doctor. Interestingly enough, both registered machine gun kills were with Mac's.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/wbardwel/public/nfalist/searcy_v_dayton.txt

Above is a link to page 3 of Searcy v. The City of Dayton

gunseller
April 02, 2007, 20:15
We have a former LEO goint to court right now for taking $120,000 from a drug stop. I do not have any idea if he did it or not. Just have never heard where the money is or what the other LEOs think he did wirh the money.
Steve

aardq
April 02, 2007, 21:51
Any time studies are done of divorce, suicide and heart trouble by occupation, LEO are always in the top three of each class. It wouldn't be too surprising with the above results if LEOs also have higher rates of spousal abuse.

That says something about the pressures of the job.

Fr8dawg
April 13, 2007, 11:43
The LaFayette Police Department will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. today. Return to our website for more details.

Sam Parker, the LaFayette police sergeant and a “person of interest” in the case of his missing wife and 911 dispatcher Theresa Parker, has been fired.

“Effective today, April 13, 2007, Sgt. Sam Parker’s status with the LaFayette Police Department has been changed from suspended without pay to terminated,” LaFayette Public Safety Director Tommy Freeman said in a prepared statement. “After an internal investigation, it was found that Parker had violated several city policies that led to my recommendation to the city manager (Johnnie Arnold) that he be terminated.

“His termination is in no way connected to the Theresa Parker investigation,” he said.

Parker has been with the LaFayette Police Department for 20 years.

The police department is planning a news conference at 2 p.m. today at the department.

Ouch. From what I hear at work, management keeps a revolving double secret probation file on persons "of interest" in case they have to call someone in to negotiate with them.

One of our guys got told to move to a new domicile whether he liked it or not and management called him in off the road to talk about it and they had their file out. When it was all said and done, the dude changed domiciles. Funny thing was when they called him in to go to lunch and chat, he brought his wife with him...which at one time was the custom.

Once the couple met up with management at the restaurant, the managers asked the co-worker to have his wife sit a a different table. Hahahahaha. I'd have sat down an ordered and when the food came and they started talking about, "We'll we got enough stuff on you to make your life miserable so why don't you just do us a favor and move to town xyz when it's not really your turn or seniorty to have to do that, just because we can't seem to be able to hire anyone for that location...", I'd have just flipped the dinner table over on top of them and walked out with my wife.

762 shooter
April 13, 2007, 23:03
That says something about the pressures of the job.
No it doesn't. It suggests something about the pressure of the job. It also suggests that the screening process for LEOs in this country sucks.

goldshlagerxx
April 13, 2007, 23:49

Interestingly enough, both registered machine gun kills were with Mac's.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/wbardwel/public/nfalist/searcy_v_dayton.txt

Above is a link to page 3 of Searcy v. The City of Dayton

You have to admit that they are pretty nasty at close range.

Fr8dawg
April 14, 2007, 00:02
Originally posted by goldshlagerxx

You have to admit that they are pretty nasty at close range.

There's nothing wrong with subguns in their appropriate role...instant on, close up, reconciliation.

All firearms have their + and -.