PDA

View Full Version : What do you know abour IRC motorcycle tires?

FP1201
June 21, 2006, 18:23
The Beemer needs new skins, the problem is seldom wear, instead it's "checking" of "dry-rot". :( As far as I'm concerned the Conti's on it now are fine, but the inspection stations won't sticker it the way they are.
Bike Bandit is offering IRC tires for a decient price, but I've never heard of them.
What say you?

FWIW: back in 1990 I needed a front tire like right now and the only one around in 100/90/19 was a Cheng-Shin, and you know what; It turned out to be a pretty decient tire, however no self respection Euro-trash BMW owner would allow an inferior Chinese product to be displayed on his remarkable example of fine German engineering. [rolleyes]

Valknut
June 21, 2006, 18:33
dunno about motorcycle tires, but they make good bicycle tires ....

bykerhd
June 22, 2006, 09:17
Try Googling for some reviews. Most of the inexpensive imports did a better job of looking like original designs than they did in performing like them. Maybe that has changed. I don't know. I won't run cheap tires on a motorcycle. A poorly designed or built "bargain" is too likely to land you on your ass on wet or dry pavement.

FP1201
June 22, 2006, 16:28
Originally posted by bykerhd
I won't run cheap tires on a motorcycle. A poorly designed or built "bargain" is too likely to land you on your ass on wet or dry pavement.
Ditto
My biggest question was: are these "cheap tires" or an under advertised/competetivly tire?
Tire brands are so much like anything else sold today; "Our brand is better than their brand".... Actual experience from usage sells the product. I like Contentials, a guy I know races Ducati's and swears by Dunlops, dealer says that Avons are the best for the money, all this being thrown at someone who can't even order at Mc Donalds. :rolleyes:

Deltaten
June 22, 2006, 17:16
Try :
www.4atvtires.com

or: 1-800-395-1380 ext.228

Yeah,I know! it sez ATV, but.......

They have ALL sorts of MC tires at well discounted prices. I got Dunlop ??4's sommething for my Honda, shipped! at less than what the dealer wanted for ONE (installed, of course) !
I dealt w/John Perry

Tires were shipped same day and I g=-had 'em in less than 3 days. Depending where ya are, they can have a direct ship via thier transfer truck between locations. Buddy had tires sme day, as the truck was leaving for X locale and he was between stores!

Give 'em a shot,
Paul

English Mike
June 22, 2006, 18:16
IRC may well have improved over the years but I had the misfortune of fitting one of their tyres to my 550 Yamaha back in the early 90's - OK in the dry but absoloutely lethal in wet conditions.

Stick to Conti's & Metzelers on a Beemer & you wont regret it.