PDA

View Full Version : Beware of T Mobile

Kokling
April 16, 2006, 20:59
Just minutes ago I called T Mobile to changed our rate plan.Currently we have 1000 minutes and bec we havent been using it that much, we wanted it down to 500 minutes. This was our original plan few months ago and we had it increased to 1000 min but decided to revert back. The lady told me I cannot bec they dont grant such change. I said back in Oct when I made my phone contract for 2 years the lady said theres flexibility in the plan. That means we can change rate plans according to our need.
I was shocked bec this time the lady said she can change to 500 min bu t I have to sined a 12 mon copntract, meaning they will extend my T Mobile contract to April 2008 which is a way of extending my business with them for 7 months.
They are so inflexible and deceiving. I cant believe they brought this up . Its a way of getting my money and sticking withg them that long. I threatened them with filing a law suit and finally I was passed to a higher level employee and he grant me to a lower rate plan.

Guys I have no good report with T Mobile, be very very wary . I will end my contract with them and switch to other provider. They will never get business wtih me again.
Just letting you guys know.

KEMOSABE
April 16, 2006, 21:29
They are the most lying, cheating, greedy, morally corrupt sonsabitches I've ever done business with. Ditch those slimeball MF's as soon as you can. Never agree to anything with them unless they put it in writing, which they won't. The thing I would most like to hear about T mobile is that the headquarters burnt to the ground and all upper management was trapped inside.

doktor_ecchs
April 16, 2006, 21:30
You mean Catherine Zeta-Jones LIED???!!!
I have never had a cell-phone, but everyone I know has complained of some little loophole allowing the company to tack on some kind of extra charges or fees. Personally, I think they're ALL an overpriced rip-off...

as ever,
Dr. X :fal:

adam762
April 16, 2006, 21:40
I've been with them since before Jamie Lee Curtis was running around pushing their boat anchors. I was going to school in Denver at the time. I graduated, eventually, and moved back to Ohio. On my way out of town (literally) I called to change my service area.

They managed to change my billing address from Colorado to Ohio, but not my 'market area'. As a result, I got a 600 dollar phone bill a couple months later for all the 'roaming charges'.

As simple as that sounds, it took MONTHS and a lot of hollering at higher lever employees to get them to rescind the charges.

Never the less, I continue to be a customer, largely because their plan just WORKED for me when I was an A/C mech out on the road a lot, and the cell was all I had. That, and I agree with Dr. X... They most likely ALL suck, so why change when one sucky thing at least WORKS?

Fockers... 5 and a half years and umpteen THOUSANDS of dollars later, that's all I can say for them.

Kokling
April 16, 2006, 21:53
Kemosabe

Not only this when we signed our new contract last Oct we upgraded to two new phones the RAZR. The lady told us we will get two phones for a price of $$230. With rebate it will be down to $180. When we received our statement it was for $230 for each phone, meaning it we are to pay $460 befor ethe rebate. We called their customer service and contested this. They insisted we have okeyed the price for each phone. But as far as I remember we made a verbal deal for two phones for the price of $230. Anyway we gave in, and I knew we will never make business with these assholes the next time. They are very deceiving and they give you false misleading deals.
I agree with you kem.

Cava3r4
April 16, 2006, 21:59
beware verizon also!!
My wife wanted me to have a cell phone.
She gave me her OLD startec motorola phone.
Verizon turns it on and locks me into a two year contract.
We changed the minutes also. Went over and got zinged about $600 !!!!
so we upped it to 1200 minutes.
They told us they were anytime minutes.
The bill comes and has peak / non peak.
It is all a scam.
I can't cancel the phone either or it costs me 179 to quit them even though I did NOT get a phone from them.
When I hit the end of my two years, I'm going to look for a "cash only" phone.
I get dropped calls all the time also.....can you hear me???
can you hear me now.....what a bunch of crap.
can you hear me now.......indeed....yeah....the "dial tone" is what I hear
Bob

Kokling
April 16, 2006, 22:03
I think they know they are misleading the customers like what happened to me.
They will do anything to get a commission in any deals like upgrade to new cell phones, signing a new contract plan etc.
They are like car salesmen but only on the phone. The next time I will be very wary in over the phone contracts. Oh BTW I remember all contracts are done in by phone. Even when I was in one of their outlets the guy said it is all by phone. I thnk its a company way of deceiving people with their wily deals and hidden agenda to suck you into the contract. They tell you its recorded and you dont have the evidence in case you are complaining. The bad thing is you dont see the fine prints of the contract bec you are just talking on the phone with a person. This is one of their modus operandi, guys.

Stoney
April 16, 2006, 22:12
So who has a good cash only phone?

Kokling
April 16, 2006, 22:25
Yeah Im interested to know too.
Back then I was never into cell phones and just use a prepaid card one from walmart and never had any temptation to call or be called. Life was just fine but of course cell phones are very convenient and heres the evil side of it.

jamesq
April 17, 2006, 03:47
t-mobile is one of the best deals out there right now. they kick cingular in the balls. chances are, if you're signing a contract for anything, you'll probably regret it later.

Kyrottimus
April 17, 2006, 03:53
I say we all get CB's again and start up a nation wide RELAY!

(as if, hahaha)

1811GNR
April 17, 2006, 08:49
Hey KEMOSABE, someone very dear to me works in that building so you better hope that doesn't happen.

Unfortunately when you sign a contract for mobile service the carrier isn't looking out for the customers interests. It sounds like the customer service rep. that passed you along to higher-ups didn't know his/her job. Pain in the backside to deal with someone like that but they did adjust your plan. Not to defend T but you can find stories like this concerning any carrier unfortunately.

When you go into a store to do the deal they should be able to supply you with a copy of the plan details or the contract. If not, move on.

T-Mobile has issues with their service away from the major cities/freeways for sure. I must say that I am happy with them (employee rate plan:)). The best thing is that I can surf and post to the FALfiles from my Sidekick II anywhere that I can get a signal. It is faster than the land line dial-up connections I have tried.

Want bad customer service? I had a telemarketer from Dishnetwork call me a f*%king, piece of s*#t, a$^hole when I asked to be removed from their calling list! Said he wasn't going to remove my name and he hoped I got called 30 times a day!

Kokling
April 17, 2006, 09:14
When I called their customer service the lady sounded like shes in another country. Could be outsourcing huh. Then the guy he passed me too sounded like having an AMerican accent. He said since I was a customer of them since 2004 that he could grant me the grandfather rate plan. He was more accomodating in a way.
Dang outsourcing. Most of them come out of Argentina, India, etc. Their mindset is different as to customer satisfaction.

Kokling
April 17, 2006, 09:19
In fact Im gonna call them this morning just to reverify if they really did change my plan and no ******* extension of 7 months. This people are very wily and shrewed, saying one thing and doing another thing. A new breed of car salesmen so to speak. Let see.

Cava3r4
April 17, 2006, 09:59
So who has a good cash only phone?

go to google.com and on the advanced search....exact words, type in prepad cell phones
and you will get all kinds of them.
they have them at wally world also.
Bob

44echo
April 17, 2006, 13:08
Been with US Cellular for 30 months now, only gripe is messages left for me can take an hour or more to get through the system. Only use it about 60-100 minutes a month.

Kokling
April 17, 2006, 13:31
I called them and true enough they didnt change it. It was still on the old plan. I began again my explanation from the beginning keeping my cool and the lady passed me on to a higher level boss. She then apologize for the unchanged status and promised to start today.
T Mobile says one thing and does the opposite. Never trust them. Always verify if you make changes bec its a rude awakening. It could be roaming charges etc and can cost you money, their way of ripping customers. Theres no trace of who are you talking with in case you make a complaint.

John Culver
April 17, 2006, 13:59
I had US Cellular for a year, then switched to Verizon since US Cell didnt cover anywhere I needed to be. (they were a good company and since I had moved to an area they didnt serve, they didnt charge any early cancelation crap etc, they actuall refunded a half month oof service too)

Verioz (about 3 years now) has been superb. Only had one isuue, they double billed me one month, called them up and they said. oops my bad, and just didnt charge me for the next month (how nice lol)

izaakb
April 17, 2006, 14:20
In the small print in your agreement there is probably a limit on how many times you can change your plan.

Ask here if there is a limit and if so, why were you not alerted to that fact when you were told that you could change whenever you wanted to.

I've used Tmobile for my business mobile for 7 years and I switch back and forth all the time based on my travel (if I travel, I have more minute usage)

Call back and ask again, don't mention you changed previously. if they say no again, ask for a clear explanation of why you were allowed to change previously but not this time.

It shouldn't be difficult.

As far as "lying, cheating" blah blah blah, all the phone companies are the same. They want you to think they are lying and cheating so there is churn.

Once you realize they are all doing the exact same thing, you'll just relax.

Don't like it, don't use a mobile phone -- hate it but its true.

9thmoon
April 17, 2006, 15:26
Originally posted by Kokling
When I called their customer service the lady sounded like shes in another country. Could be outsourcing huh. Then the guy he passed me too sounded like having an AMerican accent. He said since I was a customer of them since 2004 that he could grant me the grandfather rate plan. He was more accomodating in a way.
Dang outsourcing. Most of them come out of Argentina, India, etc. Their mindset is different as to customer satisfaction.

T-Mobile does not outsource their customer service, however, they do have service centers all over the country and believe it or not, they even employ some people who aren't white. (All the immigrants are legal, though. Lots of background checks.)

You can change your plan any time - to a plan that is currently offered. You were trying to change back to a plan that's not offered any more. That's why they had to get special permission to put you on a "grandfathered" plan. This is a standard practice among all wireless carriers I've ever done business with - IF they let you change your plan at all.

Sounds like you should get everything in writing. If you were told at the store that they didn't do anything in writing, you weren't at a T-Mobile store, you were at an indirect dealer (like buying a Honda from a Subaru shop and then expecting them to carry Honda owner's manuals).

I wouldn't talk about wishing the building burned down, if I were you... if that really happened, who'd be the first suspect? Not very smart.

Enquiring Minds
April 23, 2006, 20:51
Hmmm... I'm about 20 seconds away from dumping Cingular for T-Mobile... guess I'm ready for a different flavor of gravy on my steaming helping of lying arrogance. That's the only other choice that's GSM, and as of 26 months ago, that's the only protocol with truly strong encryption. A wireless is useless to me if I can't spew a CC# over it... that's why I never had an analog phone.

More shopping may be in order, and hey, new phones are cheap. In 15+ years of wireless service, personal number portability is the ONLY thing that's gone the consumer's way... now that's one scary powerful lobby, the CTIA.

I wouldn't talk about wishing the building burned down, if I were you... if that really happened, who'd be the first suspect? Not very smart.

Hey, they never caught "Milton" in 'Office Space'... he headed for a tropical island, lol.

Falunga
April 23, 2006, 21:33
Originally posted by 9thmoon

If you take away my red swingline stapler I'm going to burn the building down....

Jim :fal: FALunga

izaakb
April 23, 2006, 21:40
Originally posted by Falunga

If you take away my red swingline stapler I'm going to burn the building down....

Jim :fal: FALunga

ROFL

eeeeyyeaaah.. Falunga.. I think I need you to work this weekend, be here at 8 am sharp, okaaay?? Alllriiiight