PDA

View Full Version : Attention Englishmen...I need car parts.

MAG58
April 13, 2006, 23:20
I am in the midst of a 1963 Mini Estate restoration.

My current problem, I'm having a trifle time finding parts for her in the states for less than a new mini costs.

Soo...
my next option is Jolly 'ol england.

I need the retainers for the rear side windows, a bonnet seal, door seals, and windscreen seals. Basically a seal kit and the retainers.

I tried MiniMania, and they have them, but shipping is outrageous.

If you know a good place I can pick up a set of Clutch/Brake (monoline) master cylinders, that would be great too.

If you gents can know some good places for mini parts, or know how to have MiniMania ship a 50 cent standard cargo for less than 30 GBP, let me know

Thanks,
Bob

Kubla
April 14, 2006, 05:08
Having had a couple of items shipped from the UK, you will find that it cost twice as much in postage to ship it here as it does for us to ship things to the UK via the post office
both were from private individuals and I though the postage was outragious, but its their country

Jon Frum
April 14, 2006, 06:00
You should be able to find an English online dealer or someone by phone.

hagar
April 14, 2006, 07:48
There is a place in Charleston SC that have a ton of old Mini Coopers on the lot. I don't know the name, but maybe somebody else can chime in. They might just have what you want at a decent price.

bubbavern
April 14, 2006, 08:25
For the rubber, check with International Merchantile - I think they are in California. They offer complete rubber kits for my car ('65 Porsche 356) and serveral others. Not sure if the old minis are on their list though...

the gman
April 14, 2006, 08:54
PM sent to ya.:biggrin:

English Mike
April 14, 2006, 11:50
These people are the best in the business:

http://www.minispares.com/default.aspx

My brother is a Mini fanatic & they get his vote every time.

They export all over the world.

PM me if you need any help.