PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 Inch of Rain and More on the Way

DABTL
August 14, 2005, 17:50
Temp just dropped to 75 and 1/2 of rain with another big cloud coming our way!

The desert conditions have ebated, thankfully.

The lawn lives! :uhoh:

vmtz
August 14, 2005, 17:52
Bill,

I am happy for your lawn, but I am really worried about all those rich people that may have to pay taxes on their estates? What are we going to do? I may not sleep tonight.

Vince

'TUDE
August 14, 2005, 17:58
Rain? Nah, no rain here. I've been outside doing rain dances for a week and all I get are a few little sprinkles.

The milo a friend planted for dove on the back of my place is all dead before the heads matured, two of my ponds are now mud holes, and my garden now has fault lines running through it. Oh, how I need some rain.

Dean P
August 14, 2005, 18:10
1/2 here, hard rain most went down the branch.

DABTL
August 14, 2005, 18:10
Originally posted by Faltitude
Rain? Nah, no rain here. I've been outside doing rain dances for a week and all I get are a few little sprinkles.

The milo a friend planted for dove on the back of my place is all dead before the heads matured, two of my ponds are now mud holes, and my garden now has fault lines running through it. Oh, how I need some rain.

Big storms in Hopkins County moving north easterly at this moment. Could be?

DABTL
August 14, 2005, 18:12
Originally posted by vmtz
Bill,

I am happy for your lawn, but I am really worried about all those rich people that may have to pay taxes on their estates? What are we going to do? I may not sleep tonight.

Vince

The McMansions in Plano have no lawns. Zero lot lines and 5,000 plus square feet. Miles and miles of them. They seem to have discovered air conditioning is not as cheap as opening the windows in California.

DABTL
August 14, 2005, 18:13
Originally posted by Dean P
1/2 here, hard rain most went down the branch.

Looks like more may be coming your way.

'TUDE
August 14, 2005, 18:25
Well, maybe....just maybe.
http://www.fox4news.com/dynamic/images/weather/frame1.jpg

terral
August 14, 2005, 18:26
been raining here all day offf and on. had plans to go shoot but its been a long wait for this rain and im enjoying the heck out of it:D

tac-40
August 14, 2005, 19:48
DABTL, it is dry back east here too. We are down about 16 inches for the year. We have only had about 25 inches for the year.

Wanna trade places??????:rolleyes:

DABTL
August 14, 2005, 19:55
Originally posted by tac-40
DABTL, it is dry back east here too. We are down about 16 inches for the year. We have only had about 25 inches for the year.

Wanna trade places??????:rolleyes:

On your worst day it is greener than Spring here. Consider yourself lucky.

owlcreekok
August 14, 2005, 20:29
On a lighter note, Bill, "Ebated: is when you stop playing Mall Ninja on Ebay.

"Abated" is when something stops.

FWIW

:biggrin:

And you might hafta put up with me next weekend.

Or not. :sad:

J

Plain George
August 15, 2005, 07:17
Well I told you 60 years ago that all those A-Bombs they were testing and dropping on Japan would screw up the weather, and you did not believe me.:rofl:

Plain George
August 15, 2005, 07:20
I love living here in Colorado where we have 300+ lakes feeding us irrigation water. MY yard is so green and dense I cant hardly push a lawn mower thru it.

DABTL
August 15, 2005, 07:29
Originally posted by Plain George
I love living here in Colorado where we have 300+ lakes feeding us irrigation water. MY yard is so green and dense I cant hardly push a lawn mower thru it.

After the drought of the 1950's we built so many lakes for water that it is not a problem. They are filled to the brim.

The problem is the relentless 100 degree days and no rain. You water all night and it still evaporates by noon.

Colorado has nice Summers and lousy Winters.

Plain George
August 15, 2005, 09:04
DABTL.....no lousy winters where I live.....rarely more than a total years fall of snow is 5-6 inches...temps rarely go to zero....
it is but a SMALL part of colorado, but colorado none the less.
EAT YOUR HEART OUT.

DABTL
August 15, 2005, 10:50
DABTL.....no lousy winters where I live.....rarely more than a total years fall of snow is 5-6 inches...temps rarely go to zero....
it is but a SMALL part of colorado, but colorado none the less.
EAT YOUR HEART OUT.

Been to Colorado many times. Mostly it sucks.

owlcreekok
August 15, 2005, 11:10
This might get interesting. :devil:

Plain George
August 15, 2005, 12:32
All that rain is GOD's way of flushing all the TURDS out to sea...
As for Colordado sucking...God I wished everyone felt that way...esp all TEXANS

DABTL
August 15, 2005, 12:45
All that rain is GOD's way of flushing all the TURDS out to sea...
As for Colordado sucking...God I wished everyone felt that way...esp all TEXANS

Not to worry about me. Been there, seen it and you can have it.

Plain George
August 15, 2005, 12:53
Thanks DABTL, I do have it and I plan on keeping it.

Frontman
August 15, 2005, 21:59
Down here it rains six out of seven days each week. A good downpour will drop six or eight inches. Not long ago the western part of the county got eighteen inches of rain in forty-five minutes. The roads were choked with drowned cars.

No rain now, but I can see lightening out on the everglades.

Gary_P
August 15, 2005, 22:22
its so friggin humid out, the dew falls as soon as the sun sets.

Bill loves Texas, he is closer to his stalking victim
GW

Gary

fry
August 15, 2005, 22:26
Originally posted by DABTL

The McMansions in Plano have no lawns. Zero lot lines and 5,000 plus square feet. Miles and miles of them. They seem to have discovered air conditioning is not as cheap as opening the windows in California.

my richest relative lives in Plano, he didnt ask me to help him take the wheels off his house. i wonder if he is a millionair?:confused:

DABTL
August 16, 2005, 07:04
Another .6 last night. Boy are we styling now!:D

Plain George
August 16, 2005, 07:06
It will keep raining till the BIGGEST TURD floats out to sea.

DABTL
August 16, 2005, 07:24
It will keep raining till the BIGGEST TURD floats out to sea.

We cannot get enough rain to raise the level to Colorado.

owlcreekok
August 16, 2005, 07:26
Hey Bill ! Does this turd need to bring his Kayak this Saturday ?

:rofl:

Plain George
August 16, 2005, 07:35

I probably will get banned for this, but I cant pass up the chance.

Bill: there are NO turds in Colorado because all the @ssholes are in Texas.
:p :p :p

owlcreekok
August 16, 2005, 07:40
there are NO turds in Colorado

Been to Boulder lately, George ? :tongue:

DABTL
August 16, 2005, 07:44
Originally posted by owlcreekok
Hey Bill ! Does this turd need to bring his Kayak this Saturday ?

:rofl:

We are on one of the highest points in Dallas County. Not that it is real high, however. But it probably towers at least 100 feet over the Trinity River.:eek:

DABTL
August 16, 2005, 07:45

I probably will get banned for this, but I cant pass up the chance.

Bill: there are NO turds in Colorado because all the @ssholes are in Texas.
:p :p :p

A look in the mirror today will cause a change of opinion for you.

Plain George
August 16, 2005, 07:47
Originally posted by owlcreekok

Been to Boulder lately, George ? :tongue:
Well yes...I forgot about that liberal hell hole..sorrry.:(

Plain George
August 16, 2005, 07:51
Part of a Natl Weather alert I just got on my computer;
ACROSS WESTERN
MESA COUNTY. DOPPLER RADAR ESTIMATES INDICATE RAINFALL AMOUNTS FROM
1/2 INCH TO 1 INCH AN HOUR ARE OCCURRING WITH THESE THUNDERSTORMS.

Water runs down hill so it will make it to Texas in a few days....clean water free of turds;

owlcreekok
August 16, 2005, 08:13
I recall the relatively minor impact that snowfall had on the inhabitants of the Denver area. Even a foot of the stuff caused only the immigrants to capsize along the road.

Let a thunderstorm drop 1/4" of rain in 30 minutes on the Denverites and you would think the world just ended. :rolleyes:

Nice thought tho', sending the snowmelt our way. Too bad we can't tell it when it gets here. Time the Kalifornians get their share from Colorado, heck, I got more water between Livingston Dam and the Trinity bridge in Liberty than y'all EVER had on those mountains !

Bill, I'd bet McCommas Bluff is a mite higher'n 100 ft over the river bottom here. Average elev. above MSL here in Liberty is about 38 ft, IIRC. I'll break out me Gazetteer topo in a bit.

owlcreekok
August 16, 2005, 08:22
From a Dallas County website:

Elevations in the county range from 382 to 850 feet above sea level. The Elm Fork and West Fork of the Trinity River meet near downtown Dallas.

Looking forward to putzin' around the Park. Nice area, seems so, all nestled up to one of the big cities of the country.

Plain George
August 16, 2005, 08:34
owlcreekok......More water?... I doubt that....you just dont know how many lakes we got around here...15 feet of snow gotta go somewhere....
All of the people on the western side of the mountains, dont really consider Denver and others on the eastern slope to really be part of Colorado..
:biggrin:
All kiddin' aside, I really do like texas,,spent as much time as I can down on the gulf coast, and it is never enough time.
My wife has three more years till retirement and I am already working on her to become a 'Winter Texan"...
:smile:

owlcreekok
August 16, 2005, 08:43
I know a bit about those lakes. I fished a few while I lived along the Front Range. Eleven Mile, Cherry Creek, Horsetooth, another on the SW side of Denver , I forget the name of it, then a few out on the plains. Had a bad water scrape out there two years ago, after I left. A friend sent me pics of Bonny Reservoir during the drought. The boat landing we used was 200 yds from the water !

Never got over to the Western Slope. Made it to Durango / Silverton once. Nice.

But,,,, as I have quoth before, the late Davey Crockett:

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas"

:wink:

I'll leave this alone now. I am hijacking Bill's thread and I suspect he ain't through beating on you, George. :uhoh:

Sorry Bill.

fry
August 16, 2005, 12:25

i have been skiing in Co. since the mid 1980's, and from what i call tell.... Texans own most of Colorado.

Plain George
August 16, 2005, 18:49
Back in the 80's that was true, but they have mostly left now as they can no longer afford it.:tongue:

alphadog58
August 17, 2005, 15:15
Can you send some to CT? We've had the driest summer in recent memory.
Edited: I meant rain, we have more than enough liberals.
Larry

paintballmagnet
August 18, 2005, 08:24
Funny thing about Texans-always running around saying Texas is Gods country,etc. so on and so forth. If this is true, then why the hell are our highways and lakeside camp areas here in Arkansas so popular with Texans? Heck, If I lived in heaven, I'd never leave! :biggrin:

DABTL
August 18, 2005, 08:33
Originally posted by paintballmagnet
Funny thing about Texans-always running around saying Texas is Gods country,etc. so on and so forth. If this is true, then why the hell are our highways and lakeside camp areas here in Arkansas so popular with Texans? Heck, If I lived in heaven, I'd never leave! :biggrin:

My great grandfather migrated from Arksanas, Green Forest, on a stolen horse. I have been back to see what he was running from. Seems a wise decision today.