PDA

View Full Version : How to choose only one...

Biped
June 08, 2001, 23:30
I have to choose between an L1A1 pre-ban on an Entreprise reciever or an Izzy HB pre-ban on an Imbel Brazil/Entreprise reciever. Can I lighten the Izzy HB later with a FAL parts kit or are the barrel threads different.
If I had the money I would buy both just in case..... :confused:

recce
June 08, 2001, 23:32
Just curious as to why you would want to lighten the HB? :confused:
Besides the obvious "to make it lighter"

[ June 09, 2001: Message edited by: recce ]

Bruce J
June 08, 2001, 23:34
I'd be suspicious of the "pre-ban" unless you had it verified by the manufacturer.

The L1A1 and the Izzy HB look quite a bit different so I'd let the ohhh..ahhh factor decide by listening to your gut.

For me, the L1A1 always takes the cake but there's alot of people who are nuts about Izzy HBs too. Have you been able to handle each of them and see how you feel when your holding them? That's how I'd decide.

Biped
June 08, 2001, 23:40
The range I shoot at offers Practicle Rifle as a sport. The Izzy HB would probably get heavy in a hurry with off-hand matches.I do not seem to find many parts options for the L1A1 either.

recce
June 08, 2001, 23:43
OK now I understand. Wasn't rying to be a smartass. :)

EMDII
June 09, 2001, 09:17
The weight (I have a FALO-C 16") is a big difference. the FALO-C weighs a ton. Great for CMP-style shoots, but humping it through the bush requires an excellent sling (I recommend the GRSC or Tactical Tailor).

I'd definitely check out the 'pre-ban' issue. ALL kits (except perhaps MBEL-built contract guns) are pre-ban by definition, as production ceased around 1988. But the receiver is the legal part requiring a date check. Lawrence at Entreprise can help you ID the DoM (date of Manufacture) of that receiver.

FWIW, I'm using an Entreprise Commonwealth/Inch receiver on my L1A1. Looks wonderful, and handles very nicely w/ a 18" barrel.

Caveat Emptor.