PDA

View Full Version : Too many damn kits

izaakb
April 28, 2005, 13:07
I realized this week I have too many kits laying around.

Full USGI M14 kit, sans receiver -- all new parts.

2 Romanian AKs

AMD63

2 Imbel Fal kits.

I guess I need to stop buying the darn things and make some guns... :cool:

mitchellh
April 28, 2005, 14:59
You could sell some of them, I'm sure some members would be more then willing to lighten your load. LOL

W.E.G.
April 28, 2005, 15:03
Kits are good too.

I like to get them out and just look them over and give 'em a good sniff.

Well, except for a couple AK kits which I think I'm going to have to build soon because the smell of them in the room with the door closed is really frightening.

xtremerange
April 28, 2005, 15:10
You ONLY have 6 kits laying around!!!

I got that many stashed under the couch in my office. I got an order of magnitude more than that hanging around the house, garage and shop.

The statement you should be making is not ...

"I guess I need to stop buying the darn things and make some guns"

but, rather...

"What have I been doing instead of ordering parts kits?":rofl:

ftierson
April 28, 2005, 15:18
I must admit that I have little affection for kits as kits...

Whenever I pick one up I feel driven to build it...

Then affection sets in...

:)

JoeLad
April 28, 2005, 15:46
I feel like I'm hoarding. 7 FAL kits, 9 AK kits. Enough M1 parts to build 10 rifles.
I have 3 Imbel uppers, I'll need another Metric upper for my SA kit, and 3 Inch uppers. 2 for Aussie kits, 1 for a Brit kit.

I'll never sell my kits!

JoeLad:D

kroberts
April 28, 2005, 15:52
...not enough damn receivers:mad:

I'll trade a kidney and 300 bucks for a JLD G3 receiver:rofl:

kroberts

Snakeshot
April 28, 2005, 16:15
If you can remember how many kits you have, you don't have enough.

vmtz
April 28, 2005, 20:22
Originally posted by izaakb

2 Romanian AKs

AMD63

2 Imbel Fal kits.

I guess I need to stop buying the darn things and make some guns... :cool:

Lightweight. :D

Vince

Rich@CGW
April 28, 2005, 21:18
Only 2 FAL kits.. I'd say your way behind the curve fella !@!

So how much for the M14 kit ???:]

1MOR
April 28, 2005, 21:37
You need many more kits. If you know how many you have and know where they all are, you don't have enough. Plus, ya gotta have a barrel box, a parts box, 5 or 6 boxes of mags, half a dozen boxes full of stocks, FAL parts laying around your bench, bunch of receivers in the safe and at least 5K of milsurp 7.62. And thats just the FAL stuff!

1MOR

Thorack
April 29, 2005, 02:36
Izzakb

Thats so funny because the German gun shop thats 20 minutes from my house here in Bavaria has brand NIW H&R M14 receivers for only $130! Aint that an ATF kick in the teeth!

Thorack

izaakb
April 29, 2005, 06:20
Originally posted by Thorack
Izzakb

Thats so funny because the German gun shop thats 20 minutes from my house here in Bavaria has brand NIW H&R M14 receivers for only $130! Aint that an ATF kick in the teeth!

Thorack

Ouch.....

bausch
April 29, 2005, 10:22
ATF took my H&R and my TRW semi receivers so I rebuilt on Springfields nice but not quite the same

Blackmore
April 29, 2005, 12:02
I will never again say, "too many damn kits, I don't need to buy any more".
Last time I did that was when TAPCO had Imbel kits for $89.99. I should have been a complete pig. :(

Buy now while you can.

izaakb
April 29, 2005, 22:09
Originally posted by vmtz
Lightweight. :D

Vince

You try living in 3 states and keeping it real. When I'm working in NY, I can't even have any of my toys around.. :(

drach
April 30, 2005, 03:07
Id just like to take the time to let everybody know that I am accepting kit donations of any make or model. Let it be known that any of your generous contributions will make one poor college student extremely happy. He may even go so far as to cry and wet himself in gratitude. If you feel so inclined to make a poor souls day...week...year please PM me so I can give you the correct mailing address to send your most generous donation to. Just think you can contribute to a fellow addicts addiction. Your charitable contributions dont have to stop there. We will also be in need of compliance parts, recivers, and other odds and ends to complete your generous kit contributions. So wont you help the less fortunate. Help one who is suffering from lacofunditis and missdaboatidis. Remeber you CAN make a difference. You just have to open your heart and give.

:tongue: :D :angel:

pointman762
April 30, 2005, 23:57

BLASPHEMY! :uhoh:

:biggrin:

ratas calientes
May 01, 2005, 01:14
. . .
. . .
Sweet . . . . . . http://chilirat.com/emoticons/chilirat.gif