PDA

View Full Version : Metal Coffins

Wirblewind
April 23, 2004, 18:26
Metal Coffins

Some people see rows of metal coffins draped in American flags and they want us to abandon our cause. They believe (and want us to believe) these young Americans died for nothing. They want us to be angry with our government (specifically the Republicans). They want us to clamor for the immediate pullout of our troops. They want to render meaningless the sacrifice of these brave souls (who’s deaths they are exploiting). They have no concept of honor or duty, and they revile those who do. They are the center of their own universe, and they will never understand that some things are bigger than themselves.

When I see those coffins I feel gratitude for the ultimate sacrifice of these true Americans. They gave all they had to give. I feel proud of the job they did, and of the selfless courage they displayed. The only way to truly honor their sacrifice is to finish the job they started.

When President Bush says “Bring it on!” he is displaying courage, not bravado. He means that we are in the fight until the fight is won. He sends the unmistakable message to terrorists everywhere that we have the resolve, the will, and the ability to resist any transgression against this nation and it’s people. We can and we will take the fight to them where they live. He knows that the best defense is a good offense. To waver in the slightest will only embolden the extremists. To turn back now, when the battle has been joined and American blood spilled, would make this nation a whipping boy for extremists forever. We have been left with no alternative. We will prevail or we will perish.

RGW

Dean P
April 23, 2004, 19:13
It's not an easy thing to look at, but it is reality! Years ago, in another life, back in the late 60's early 70's. I was constantly in Charleston Material Air Transport base, the vacuum sealed aluminum coffins coming from Viet Nam, were handled by pallets like cord wood! The name tags were plainly visible. I was shaken by being alone in a warehouse full of coffins, I knew I was on Hallowed Ground! Often times I wondered if I was even worthy of being there.

Witchhunter
April 23, 2004, 19:19
I worry for the well being of there familys:sad:

Temp
April 23, 2004, 19:23
Originally posted by Wirblewind
When President Bush says “Bring it on!” he is displaying courage

Let's see,... 130,000 American troops in a hostile country of 25 million,.. surrounded by other countries whose emotions range from contempt to extreme hatred in their thoughts about Americans,... and Bush stands behind a podium,.. safely ensconced deeply in the bowels of D.C.,.. surrounded by a cadre of well armed secret service men, and bellows out, "BRING IT ON!"

The man is an arrogant idiot.

goose
April 23, 2004, 19:51
Originally posted by Temp

Let's see,... 130,000 American troops in a hostile country of 25 million,.. surrounded by other countries whose emotions range from contempt to extreme hatred in their thoughts about Americans,... and Bush stands behind a podium,.. safely ensconced deeply in the bowels of D.C.,.. surrounded by a cadre of well armed secret service men, and bellows out, "BRING IT ON!"

The man is an arrogant idiot.

Well this is a little disingenuous. Agree or not with the war on terror.
Name one American Pres. in the last century who led his troops on the battlefield, saber in hand.

Witchhunter
April 23, 2004, 21:41
Even if you do not suport the President , You should Honor the service members.

Treborer
April 23, 2004, 21:53
Seems right to show our warriors returning home.

I got kinda pissed, that DoD put the kybosh on this.

Makes -em look like thier ashamed of the program.

Big mistake.

Prayers for them in uniform, the living,the maimed, and the dead.

:bow:

Sig220
April 23, 2004, 21:56
I think to cut and run would dishonor those that have died in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think the troops would agree we are on the right track, as their reenlistments are surpassing previous records.

skfullgun
April 23, 2004, 22:10
Hey, Temp, tell us how you really feel.

Say what you want about Bush. I would hate to think of where we would be if Gore had been elected. We probably would have apologized for "provoking" the 9/11 murderers.

vmtz
April 23, 2004, 22:27
The people we have over there are the best in the world, period! It is sad that that it is a lie that they are dying for.

Vince

Bruce Allen
April 24, 2004, 00:12
Kerry says he would stay in Iraq and put even more troops there in harms way?

Which way is it going to be.

EMDII
April 24, 2004, 08:24
Originally posted by vmtz
The people we have over there are the best in the world, period! It is sad that that it is a lie that they are dying for.

Vince

OK, Vince, but name the lie in the same mouthful as the accusation. Otherwise, you are also an arrogant bastard, surrounded by your hordes of KB secret-service-keys!
:wink:

I rahter tire of 'lies'. You don't like the man for some reason, OK. but the repeated accusations of lies lies lies is disingenuous at best.

TTFN!