PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else watching tonights King of the Hill?

vmtz
April 18, 2004, 19:45
It is on the Alamo. I have not laughed so hard in quite a while. Bill is going to be pissed.

Vince

vmtz
April 18, 2004, 19:48
"We're angry, drunk and slaveholders!"

Travis in a dress.

Best King of the Hill yet!

Vince

Bruce Allen
April 18, 2004, 22:01
Never watched it the first time.. It is too juvenile.

vmtz
April 18, 2004, 22:14
Bruce,

I have come to the conclusion that you are dead and just don't know it yet.

Vince

Bruce Allen
April 18, 2004, 22:22
When you mature some more things will look different.
Don't worry - it will eventually happen for you - it might take a while longer than normal, but it will happen.

vmtz
April 18, 2004, 22:43
Originally posted by Bruce Allen
When you mature some more things will look different.
Don't worry - it will eventually happen for you - it might take a while longer than normal, but it will happen.

Bruce,

Having a sense of humour is one of the things that make us human. However, I can see why someone so much like Ned Flanders would not understand.

Vince

DABTL
April 19, 2004, 03:13
Originally posted by vmtz
It is on the Alamo. I have not laughed so hard in quite a while. Bill is going to be pissed.

Vince

The show is based on lampooning the City of Garland, 'Arland' in the show, a suburb of Dallas and its redneck culture. It is spot on with that.

Texas was originally colonized by people from the deep south, my family among them, who were slaveholders, though not my family, for the most part.

It is no surprise that slaveholders would be at the Alamo.

The show is not the first lampooning of the Alamo, not the last I am sure and did no harm to the building or the legend, I am also sure.

I always enjoy King of the Hill because I get to remind my sister, who lives so close to Garland that she may as well be from there, of its foibles.

Bruce Allen
April 19, 2004, 06:08

Bruce,

Having a sense of humour is one of the things that make us human. However, I can see why someone so much like Ned Flanders would not understand.

Vince
I have a great sense of humor.. I talk to you don't I??

vmtz
April 19, 2004, 07:31

I have a great sense of humor.. I talk to you don't I??

That is about the most intelligent thing you have written is six months. There is hope for you yet.

Vince

Bruce Allen
April 20, 2004, 06:03

That is about the most intelligent thing you have written is six months. There is hope for you yet.

Vince
Just when you thought I was dead....and thought I had no sense of humor at all. It does not pay to underestimate old Bruce..:shades:

vmtz
April 20, 2004, 07:42

Just when you thought I was dead....and thought I had no sense of humor at all. It does not pay to underestimate old Bruce..:shades:

We won't pull you off life support yet.

Vince

Bruce Allen
April 20, 2004, 20:54

We won't pull you off life support yet.

Vince
That's mighty kind of you, Vince.. but don't forget - you're no spring chicken yourself :biggrin:

BTW - I have been to the Alamo.. I have posted before, but it has been a while, that I have a lot of family in Texas and from Texas.. in fact my father was born there.

If I were to consider moving from God's country (S.C.) it would be to Texas.

WJ-Polish Guy
April 20, 2004, 21:13
I have t-shirt from the King of the Hill show. It says "Yep, real American" on it.... I wear it for years now.:D

vmtz
April 20, 2004, 21:24

That's mighty kind of you, Vince.. but don't forget - you're no spring chicken yourself :biggrin:

BTW - I have been to the Alamo.. I have posted before, but it has been a while, that I have a lot of family in Texas and from Texas.. in fact my father was born there.

If I were to consider moving from God's country (S.C.) it would be to Texas.

I have been to the Alamo also. What suprised me was that it was so small.

While we were touring it, I happened upon a park ranger at the front door. I walked up to him and asked him if it all really happened right here? He replied "yes." And explained how the battle happened. When he was done, he asked if I had any questions? I responded that I did. I asked him if he was telling the truth. He said he was. So then I asked him if the Mexiacan army stayed here? Again he said "yes." So then I asked him what hotel they stayed in? I got no reply. Just a confused look....

Vince

Bruce Allen
April 20, 2004, 22:54
Originally posted by WJ-Polish Guy
I have t-shirt from the King of the Hill show. It says "Yep, real American" on it.... I wear it for years now.:D

Now that's funny.. of course it might be the light pain meds and vodka.. from a root canal yesterday that is giving me fits right now... bummer :(

WJ-Polish Guy
April 21, 2004, 20:53

Now that's funny.. of course it might be the light pain meds and vodka.. from a root canal yesterday that is giving me fits right now... bummer :(

You know what is really funny? I got it on sale, nobody wanted to buy it and wear it.:] I did and I wear it.:rofl:
As long as I do not open my mouth I pass for a redneck, no sweat....

Bruce Allen
April 21, 2004, 22:10
Originally posted by WJ-Polish Guy

You know what is really funny? I got it on sale, nobody wanted to buy it and wear it.:] I did and I wear it.:rofl:
As long as I do not open my mouth I pass for a redneck, no sweat....
I assume you are living proof that there are Polish rednecks??
I mean that in the most respectfull way.. :biggrin:

WJ-Polish Guy
April 22, 2004, 17:42

I assume you are living proof that there are Polish rednecks??
I mean that in the most respectfull way.. :biggrin:

All I have to do is to stay quiet to get a nod from a redneck.

I get good response to the Okuma cap for some reason. I had to go to the net to find what damn Okuma is... Well, it was freebie:rofl: