PDA

View Full Version : DSA will give you the option on...

tool
May 02, 2001, 11:27
what to do with the barrel.

I emailed them with my concern that a sleeve is absolutely worthless. All it does is add weight and has no practical value.

I opted to have the lightweight brake installed. Let's hope that the BATF doesn't change their mind on that one, too. But I'm a little depressed because that is going to ruin the "STG" look of the rifle. I think I'll just get synthetic handgaurds, a penguin stock, and a non-STG carry handle for it now so I can make it more "Belgian" like.

And, BTW, has anyone considered what the removal of the muzzle brake will do to the intregrity of the barrel?

zeichstein
May 02, 2001, 12:00
John from DSA called me yesterday because I wanted the other brake also......He told me it would affect the harmonics of the barrel.

Master Blaster
May 02, 2001, 13:19
Tool,
If the desired effect is the look of a 50.00, then DSA's fake long FH is just the ticket. I have them on my twins and it's hard to tell that is is not the real thing. It definitely get's high marks on the cool factor. Just look at page 6 of the current American Rifleman to see for yourself. Since the 7.62 x 51 Nato is a mild shooter recoil is not a factor and the need for a BRAKE is nil. IMHO! Remember, It's not how you feel, It's how you look! And You (will) Look Marvelous!!!!!!!

DSA Inc
May 02, 2001, 15:09
tool - Please call in and talk with John as he can tell you whether this is a viable option. Part of the reason for the recall is so DSA can do the work on the barrel and not void you warranty. Hope this helps Anne-DSA

New Shot
May 02, 2001, 16:22
If your independent tests help you plead your case and they decide the MB really is O.K., do we change the brakes again?