PDA

View Full Version : Deer & FAL, Thank you... *pic*

Bubba
November 22, 2001, 14:45
Thank you very much.
Not a trophy, but a trophy to me. I've hunted for many years, but this is the biggest buck yet. I'm so proud I could spit! I wanted to show off a little.
This is the finest use of the FAL. The one I'm holding is my bastard STG, century Imbel, folding charging handle, Hesse wood finished by me and DSA 3 hole loud brake to include an old Redfield 2.75X scope on a B-Square mount. I am assembling a *primo* hunting FAL within the next week and when I'm done I will post a pic. :D

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/BubbaFAL/Bucky.jpg

Sailor553
November 22, 2001, 14:49
Bubba,

Congrats on the buck...how did that folder work for you in the bush?

W.E.G.
November 22, 2001, 15:36
Wheeee-doggie!!!

Slugger
November 22, 2001, 15:39
Way to go brother!

Batman
November 22, 2001, 16:05
Sweet, Back straps and gravy are on the way!! Nice!! :D

Chipmunk
November 22, 2001, 17:29
Congratulations,Bubba,looks
like a great example of VaVenison.
Where'd you hit'im and with what?
Chipmunk

Icarus
November 22, 2001, 17:52
Come on man. You know you have to give us the story! "So there I was....only had one shell left....he wuz out there about 2 miles..etc. etc." :D

I AM HAPPY FOR YOU! LOOKS LIKE A PRIMO 8 POINTER!

Bubba
November 22, 2001, 17:53
Just kidding, Really he's my pet Buck and we hang out in the back of the truck all the time! You can see he's very relaxed. The only problem I have is keeping him from jumping out when I drive down the road.

OK, just kidding again. He tastes great! My wife really knows how to cook'em! The folder works fine. I actually prefer the knob. The charging handle is the least of my worries for hang-up. The shot was on top of the neck about 3" in front of the shoulders. I was on a hill looking down on him and he was looking down on the ground. I wanted a profile shot, but was running out of daylight. He dropped right then. I'm gonna have him mounted.

Hunter
November 22, 2001, 18:20
Nice

Grinder
November 22, 2001, 19:41
I hope I see one of those Monday. Congratulations :)

eodinert
November 22, 2001, 20:20
Just make sure nobody is watching when you mount him. That's still a crime in most states... :D

Doug

zeichstein
November 22, 2001, 23:29
again... These rifles have NO SPORTING PURPOSE....
I shot 2 deer already with my stg58 bastard using a SUIT... I love it..

FAL_FREAK
November 22, 2001, 23:30
Damn nice deer Bubba! Mine this year was about the same but not quite as tall in the antlers. If I didn't each so much turkey, I'd be frying up some deer. Damn that's good stuff.

gman
November 23, 2001, 00:35
That looks like it'd dress out to around 125 pounds deboned, that's is pretty big isn't it?
What ammo did you use?

skfullgun
November 23, 2001, 00:48
Congrats! I'm jealous! Nice looking deer. The rifle will have great sentimental value now...

FWRA
November 23, 2001, 00:56
Great buck Bubba! You guys that can hunt deer with the FAL are REAL lucky. I'll be hunting Monday in Southern Ohio with a Benelli M1 Field and slugs. (blocked to 3 max)

Here in Ohio we have several options, shotgun/slugs, handgun with straight wall cartridge (.357, .44 mag, .454 Casull. The .44 is most popular), and muzzle loader.

Your buck is a trophy for sure and in the Zone I hunt we can take buck or doe on opening day. A big doe will more than fulfill my requirements for meat, but the buck will be my first choice.

Great job!

FWRA

Icarus
November 23, 2001, 10:25
Bubba, man you are just too modest. If I bagged that beutiful beast, you'd all be hearing about how I banked the shot off the Moon and two pieces of space junk! Then the bullet nailed the charging beast in the left ear, just to slow him down...then I finally killed him with my field knife. :D

Icarus
November 23, 2001, 17:55
Bubba...which sling is that? Also..does the doe herd need thinning, I'd be glad to come up and help you out! It's the least I could do! Huh...buddy...pal. ;)

Bubba
November 25, 2001, 10:58
I don't know what sling that is. I bought it new for my muzzle loader about 10yrs ago. It's leather and brass. It looks good and it is nice, but I want to go with nylon web for my hunting rifles. The leather squeeks against the rifle making anti-deer noises.

I didn't have time to examine the effects from the shot on the Buck.

I just got a Doe. I think that I'm using the Winchester Super-X 150gr with a power-point, I threw the box away last year. I shot at about 50-70yds and at the heart. The bullet hit the mark. It appearantly blew up the heart and penetrated the lungs causing some lung damage. The doe ran about 50yds which sounds about right. I've been told that you have 15 seconds to live after a heart shot. I found some lung material on the trail. The bullet completely penetrated the doe and the exit hole was not substansually larger than the entry hole, but it appeared to have some expansion.

[ November 25, 2001: Message edited by: Bubba ]