The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The FN Files

Notices

Old July 24, 2009, 17:42   #1
m1garand_man
Registered

FALaholic #: 43959
I have a new enterprise arms fal that constantly jams in the left feed

I have a new enterprise arms fal that keeps jamming in the left feed position when ever it goes to feed a round. its one of thier standard rifles build on a type 3 reciver and with an imbel parts kit. this fault occures with most of my 18 magazines at least intermittently and on some every single time. this is even with dummy rounds. The bolt is skipping over the rim and either jamming against the side of the casing or the bullet it self. what can I do to fix this? I have alreadt straightned out all the the feed lips on all of these mags. most of the intermittent ones would jam all the time before.
m1garand_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2009, 18:02   #2
Rich@CGW
Registered

FALaholic #: 167
Smooth and polish the inside of the flat left guide rails.
Rich@CGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2009, 18:05   #3
m1garand_man
Registered

FALaholic #: 43959
the bolt side or the feed lip side?
m1garand_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2009, 20:13   #4
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 1877
Feed lip side. The idea is to break the sharp edges. ALL new receivers have this problem. Soome more so than others.

The human race is not the pinnacle of evolution. We are but one evolutionary out come.
gunnut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2009, 21:33   #5
Roger Hughes

FALaholic #: 46398
Re: I have a new enterprise arms fal that constantly jams in the left feed

Quote:
Originally posted by m1garand_man
I have a new enterprise arms fal that keeps jamming in the left feed position when ever it goes to feed a round. its one of thier standard rifles build on a type 3 reciver and with an imbel parts kit. this fault occures with most of my 18 magazines at least intermittently and on some every single time. this is even with dummy rounds. The bolt is skipping over the rim and either jamming against the side of the casing or the bullet it self. what can I do to fix this? I have alreadt straightned out all the the feed lips on all of these mags. most of the intermittent ones would jam all the time before.
Counting me, you're at least the third list member who has had this same problem. They have my gun right now. My advice is contact Matt at Entreprise.
Roger Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2009, 21:47   #6
ce
Registered

FALaholic #: 373
Bevel the trailing edge of the left side rail on top next to the ejector.

Then polish the top of the rail like Rich said.

Also square up the contact edge of the bolt face, it's probably rounded from use.

Use a jewelers file to cut all these edges either square or round as needed.
ce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2009, 21:57   #7
skeeterbay
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20461
+1 on contacting Matt.

I am sure Entreprise will correct the problem for you.

However if you don't fee like shipping the rifle back. Then you could look into the "ggiilliiee rail modification". Do a search on the topic. Some members report having had great luck with it.

Skeeter!

Ard Choille!
skeeterbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2009, 22:04   #8
JOHN E
Registered

FALaholic #: 6077
Quote:
Originally posted by ce
Bevel the trailing edge of the left side rail on top next to the ejector.

Then polish the top of the rail like Rich said.

Also square up the contact edge of the bolt face, it's probably rounded from use.

Use a jewelers file to cut all these edges either square or round as needed.
Screw sending it back, follow these directions.
JOHN E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2009, 22:48   #9
Roger Hughes

Quote:
Originally posted by skeeterbay
However if you don't fee like shipping the rifle back. Then you could look into the "ggiilliiee rail modification". Do a search on the topic. Some members report having had great luck with it.
I agree. I think this "ggiilliiee" mod is probably the solution. I tried all the polishing recommendations and removing this and that minor sharp edge. None of that made any difference. IMHO, the problem seems to be the opening in the bottom of the receiver where the mag feeds the rounds is too small. Polishing with 400 grit paper isn't going to fix this.
Old July 25, 2009, 01:16   #10
L/FN
Registered

FALaholic #: 139
Longer mag catch?
L/FN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2009, 01:33   #11
Cliff M
Registered

FALaholic #: 337
Contact Intreprise and ask them if it is ok to do a home modification. I wouldn't want to take a chance of this voiding my warrenty. Other members might have more information on their warrenty. I've have one of their STG58C standard rifles since 2000 and have had a lot of fun with it. Hope this helps, good luck.
Cliff M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2009, 09:05   #12
Matt(formerly@)EntrepriseArms
Registered

FALaholic #: 32036
If you want to work on it yourself, that is your choice, but it will most likely void the warranty if you decide to send it back later. I have one in our shop right now where a guy's gunsmith completely ground off the feed ramps, and now they are a unibrow and way too low. He also ground down some other places on the receiver. What can I do with that? Not only can I not tell what the original problem was, but I can't fix it, and I can't re-sell it.

I don't want to dampen the adventurous nature of working on your own Fal, but if someone hacks it up before they return it, we can't do much for them. There are some very knowledgable forum members here, and they can very likely give you good advice on how to fix most problems, but again that is your choice.

I would recommend that you return it to us, as it is no cost to you (only time).
Matt(formerly@)EntrepriseArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2009, 09:08   #13
richbug
Registered

FALaholic #: 10484
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt@Entreprisearms
If you want to work on it yourself, that is your choice, but it will most likely void the warranty if you decide to send it back later. I have one in our shop right now where a guy's gunsmith completely ground off the feed ramps, and now they are a unibrow and way too low. He also ground down some other places on the receiver. What can I do with that? Not only can I not tell what the original problem was, but I can't fix it, and I can't re-sell it.

I don't want to dampen the adventurous nature of working on your own Fal, but if someone hacks it up before they return it, we can't do much for them. There are some very knowledgable forum members here, and they can very likely give you good advice on how to fix most problems, but again that is your choice.

I would recommend that you return it to us, as it is no cost to you (only time).
It is a sad state of affairs that you couldn't get them right the first time.
richbug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2009, 10:17   #14
Roger Hughes

Quote:
Originally posted by richbug

It is a sad state of affairs that you couldn't get them right the first time.
I wouldn't go that far. Its an annoyance but at least they're trying to remedy the situation.

There isn't a manufacturer in existence that doesn't have defects and design flaws. The issue is minimizing the problems and when they arise taking care of them. I worked for one of the largest and most respected electronics manufacturer in the world and they had whole departments devoted to nothing but warranty repairs. I know the very strenuous efforts they made to prevent bad stuff from going out the door, but it still happened anyway.
Old July 25, 2009, 10:38   #15
richbug
Registered

FALaholic #: 10484
Quote:
Originally posted by Roger Hughes

I wouldn't go that far. Its an annoyance but at least they're trying to remedy the situation.

There isn't a manufacturer in existence that doesn't have defects and design flaws. The issue is minimizing the problems and when they arise taking care of them. I worked for one of the largest and most respected electronics manufacturer in the world and they had whole departments devoted to nothing but warranty repairs. I know the very strenuous efforts they made to prevent bad stuff from going out the door, but it still happened anyway.
Yes they are standing behind the product which is a plus, but if it is a known issue, how long does it take for an inspector to run their finger along the feed rails?

It just costs them money and reputation everytime someone hears of a problem, and someone has to ship one back. Reputation is everything.
richbug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2009, 11:36   #16
ggiilliiee
banned again

FALaholic #: 17179
ohhhhh the suffering ....all this for a simple .125 offset on the mill ...look at it this way it could have been a DSA ...it wouldnt feed any better .
they wont open them up ..so your just wastin shootin time and shipping ..opening them is always a risk but out of 400+ folks its always worked ...on ANY rec.......

always....
ggiilliiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2009, 12:09   #17
Roger Hughes

Quote:
Originally posted by richbug

Yes they are standing behind the product which is a plus, but if it is a known issue, how long does it take for an inspector to run their finger along the feed rails?

It just costs them money and reputation everytime someone hears of a problem, and someone has to ship one back. Reputation is everything.
I agree with ggiilliiee. Its seems like a design problem, not an issue of a few snags or sharp edges as some people assume and therefore can be fixed with a little 400 grit sandpaper or a few passes with a jeweler's file. No, they should fix this and eliminate this problem.

Let me say, I have all the tools and the ability to fix it myself, if all that's needed is cutting back the rails a little. But I refuse to pay good money for a supposedly new rifle and then have to spend hours troubleshooting and working on it myself. Then if I happen to do something wrong and Entreprise says I voided the warranty, then what? No, I'm not that impatient.

Last edited by Roger Hughes; July 25, 2009 at 13:18.
Old July 25, 2009, 12:42   #18
ggiilliiee
banned again

roger that ..hehe .ya buddy its been an ongoing problem for years ...but then how could someone not in the "clan " know anything ..it took 5 years on the ejector mods to engage some of the fellas ..
hell budd ya still got the pros ..puttin barrels on offline after cutting ..(folks who DONT have an inspector checkin their work )
ie ya wanna get the job done rite ...do it thyself .......
ill bet 1/8 of an inch rail width reduction will solve the whole deal ..and it will run faster than a stocker ...plus not beat frak out of your bullet noses ..(pointy always flys better) ...ehhe.
just gotta make the decision ..

.what would ROAD WARRIOR DO ..???.he stand up and say .....ill drive that tankuh.... ......heh
Old July 25, 2009, 15:48   #19
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

Guys this is NOT unique to Enterprise. I guess the reason that it keeps popping up is the fact that Entreprise is just selling more guns and that is a good thing. I have an Entreprise, DSA and Imbel and I had to file the sharp edges off the feed lips on all of them. It doesn't take much. Just a couple of light passes with a jewelers file is more than enough.

But the caveat is this if it will void the warranty then please send it back to Entreprise.

Ain't that right GGIILLEE?

The human race is not the pinnacle of evolution. We are but one evolutionary out come.
Old July 25, 2009, 16:03   #20
Roger Hughes

Quote:
Originally posted by gunnut1
[B]Guys this is NOT unique to Enterprise. I guess the reason that it keeps popping up is the fact that Entreprise is just selling more guns and that is a good thing. I have an Entreprise, DSA and Imbel and I had to file the sharp edges off the feed lips on all of them. It doesn't take much. Just a couple of light passes with a jewelers file is more than enough.
Again, we're not talking about something that can be remedied with a few passes of a jeweler's file. Its not an issue of a few sharp edges. We're talking about a substantive removal of metal to fix this. If I had to guess, I'd say something like a 1/16th off each rail might do it.
Old July 25, 2009, 16:26   #21
newton3407
banned

FALaholic #: 39436
I have to disagree with everyone that has posted so far on what the remedy is.

If the bolt is sliding over the odd numbered rounds, it is a fail to feed condition and is probably because the bolt holding open device is contacting one of the rounds. ggiillee has a post on how to fix this. In essence, one grinds on the side of the bold holding open device follower pin and even grind on its length.
With the dust cover removed, and the bolt holding open device holding the bolt back, load a magazine and take a look down onto the top of the mag. Does it look like the pin is contacting a round? It should not be. Check this for odd and even numbered rounds. The bolt holding open device should only engage on the magazine follower.
Another thing to do is remove the bolt hold open device and go shooting. If the fail to feed does not occurr, then you know the problem and the solution.
Plus, if you mess it up the bolt holding open device is relatively inexpensive componet to replace.

My StG58 did this constantly, especially after shooting a few rounds. I had never gone through an entire magazine without the failure. I performed the work as prescibed by our resident lunatic, Doctor ggiigglie, and have pushed close to 2,000 rounds through the Ol' Goat without so much as 1 fail to feed, fail to fire, fail to extract or fail to eject.

Oh, and polishing the feed ramps is nice too. gigglli can turn you on to that also. I was shocked to see that my groups decreased in size by nearly an inch at 100 yards when the round I fired was not smashed on the point like an uneven mushroom.
newton3407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2009, 16:27   #22
skeeterbay
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20461
I ain't smart enough to link however if you check the thread titled "Entreprise thread deleted" in this forum. You will see where Entreprise did ggilliiee's rail modification for another member that was having troubles.

Matt has already stated they will be glad to fix it. If it were me I would probably ship it back to them and ask them to open it up for me. Keep your warranty.

I have to give Matt credit. He has bent over backwards to check this forum and to address any problems that members have posted about with Entreprise products. You couldn't ask for a better effort on his part!

Skeeter!

Ard Choille!
skeeterbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2009, 16:40   #23
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

Well I disagree but do what you will.

Old July 25, 2009, 20:45   #24
molotov
Banned (Temp)

FALaholic #: 35685
Quote:
I have to give Matt credit. He has bent over backwards to check this forum and to address any problems that members have posted about with Entreprise products. You couldn't ask for a better effort on his part!
That's true. Every time someone has trouble, Matt is there with support and answers. I have personally experienced it and have friends that have also.

Cheers to him, he goes out of his way for anyone in need of answers and service without picking and choosing. He deserves a raise.
molotov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26, 2009, 01:52   #25
Thorgrimm_the_Vain
Registered

FALaholic #: 27021
Quote:
Originally posted by ggiilliiee
ohhhhh the suffering ....all this for a simple .125 offset on the mill ...look at it this way it could have been a DSA ...it wouldnt feed any better .
they wont open them up ..so your just wastin shootin time and shipping ..opening them is always a risk but out of 400+ folks its always worked ...on ANY rec.......

always....

Speaking of crazy,

do you have any shoulder shavers for sale ggiilliiee? PM me if ye do plz.
("They are all gone astray, they are no longer clean, all together they have become filthy, there is none that does good, no, not one."Psalm 14:2-3) Those were words spoken of a people who forgot their fathers ways and became lost in the excesses available to them, they listened to and followed the missionaries of their destruction. I reckon they became moderate. - Martin35

"Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever. You might dodge successfully for a while, even for years, but sooner or later they were bound to get you."-George Orwell, 1984

The single most destructive act brought upon us by a traitorous legislature. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigra...ty_Act_of_1965
Thorgrimm_the_Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26, 2009, 11:24   #26
ggiilliiee
banned again

got side tracked ..but here's what id do .
..get the calipers out and check the width in a few places ..call Matt ..(hes good people).and reference the measurements to one he has in house ..
just to see if an "offset" on the mill was missed, or tool diameter input was wrong and the like ..
if its narrow ..let the matt man do it ...and keep the warranty ...the dimensional check "may" save some shipping ...
then if that dont get it ...like you say roger .if it looks like a 1/16 to ya ...i beleive ya ....sometime just that amount will get it up and running like a raped simeon
if it doesnt roll out of that hole and pop up ....its always gonna get pile drived

listen to Skeeter ....this guy camps out when its -25,(on purpose i might add)and his fal works goooooood !!....i think hes part polar bear .hehe .hes welcome in my camp

and G-NUT ....awesome buddy ....smoke free !!!!!.....thats a tough one .......best of luck, .....if ya feel like having one ...DONT !!!!!!!!...

Last edited by ggiilliiee; July 26, 2009 at 11:36.
Old July 27, 2009, 22:45   #27
FBX1999
Registered

FALaholic #: 43716
I am the one whose rifle Entreprise did the ggiillee rail job on. I've only had a chance to fire 40 rounds since I got it back, no .308 for sale locally except for expensive Nosler. But those 40 rounds went with no problems. As well as this mod works I am wondering why FN didn't design it this way from the beginning.
Old July 28, 2009, 20:20   #28
Roger Hughes

Quote:
Originally posted by FBX1999
I am the one whose rifle Entreprise did the ggiillee rail job on. I've only had a chance to fire 40 rounds since I got it back, no .308 for sale locally except for expensive Nosler. But those 40 rounds went with no problems. As well as this mod works I am wondering why FN didn't design it this way from the beginning.
You're lucky. I called Entreprise today and they put me on with the gunsmith who is working on my gun. I asked him for a status report. He says that they polished the rails and are headed to the range tomorrow. When I heard that I wanted to freakin' explode. Polish the rails? I could have polished the damn rails! That's not what's wrong.

What's getting me pissed is last week Entreprise called me when the gun arrived and we talked over the problems I was having and that I wanted the same thing that you had had done - the so-called "ggiilliiee mod". So I hang-up the phone thinking we were on the same page as far as what needs to be done. Then today I talk to the gunsmith and he apparently doesn't know anything about doing any such mod. WTF? I realize this fellow just does what his boss tells him. I'm not irritated with him. Obviously, information isn't getting passed on. You guys at Entreprise need to communicate.
Old July 28, 2009, 21:21   #29
ce
Registered

I called the doctor, woke him up, and said,
Doctor, ain't there nothing I can take?
I said, Doctor, to relieve this bellyache?
He said, now lemme get this straight.
You put the lime in the coconut, and drink 'em both up.
Put a lime in the coconut, and drink 'em both together.
Put the lime in the coconut, then you feel better.
Old July 28, 2009, 21:31   #30
gw104
Registered

FALaholic #: 33874
Did the"ggiilliiee" rail mod on my Century 600rds. ago.Have not had a problem running since.
gw104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28, 2009, 21:42   #31
ggiilliiee
banned again

CE......now let me get this straight .....ya put the lime in thu coconut and drink em both together ?????

thanks for the kind words fellas glad it worked for ya ...always does ....ive been tryin ta get it across .(6years+)..but its like whippin a dead pony sometimes .....
Old July 29, 2009, 13:21   #32
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

Quote:

You're lucky. I called Entreprise today and they put me on with the gunsmith who is working on my gun. I asked him for a status report. He says that they polished the rails and are headed to the range tomorrow. When I heard that I wanted to freakin' explode. Polish the rails? I could have polished the damn rails! That's not what's wrong.

What's getting me pissed is last week Entreprise called me when the gun arrived and we talked over the problems I was having and that I wanted the same thing that you had had done - the so-called "ggiilliiee mod". So I hang-up the phone thinking we were on the same page as far as what needs to be done. Then today I talk to the gunsmith and he apparently doesn't know anything about doing any such mod. WTF? I realize this fellow just does what his boss tells him. I'm not irritated with him. Obviously, information isn't getting passed on. You guys at Entreprise need to communicate.
So call them back, ask to talk to the gunsmith that worked on your gun and tell him what you want. It is that simple. The request apparently was not forwarded to him. But polishing the rails will fix the feeding problem.

Old July 29, 2009, 13:58   #33
madsteamer
Registered

FALaholic #: 37232
Feed problem

Check the magazine follower to make certain that the spring is completely pushing the follower to the top of the mag in a level manner. To check this, place a shell in the mag and push on the back side (primer side) of the shell and release. The follower should push the back of the shell firmly and to the top of the magazine. If the spring does not return the shell up firmly, and level, with the mag you have a weak spring or a follower-to-mag shell clearance issue that will allow the bolt to miss the back of the shell and cause a jam.
madsteamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2009, 14:16   #34
AndyC
Porridge Wog
Contributor

FALaholic #: 19755
Mine has run flawlessly since I did Dr Gillieee's rail-mod - "Chinggggg!"

However - if you're gonna mess with anything yourself, make sure that you're fixing the right problem.

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2009, 15:24   #35
Roger Hughes

Quote:

So call them back, ask to talk to the gunsmith that worked on your gun and tell him what you want. It is that simple.
Don't count on it. I've had probably twenty phone conversations with something like six different people at Entreprise. This is the second time I've sent the gun back.

Quote:
The request apparently was not forwarded to him.
That's right - they're not communicating. Who's problem is that? Not mine.

Quote:
But polishing the rails will fix the feeding problem.
The rails are smooth, no snags. I went over them with 400 grit before I sent it back the first time.
Old July 29, 2009, 16:13   #36
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

Whatever. Don't listen to the voice of experiance noobie.

Old July 29, 2009, 16:28   #37
ce
Registered

Rails are not the only point of impingement, gunnut.

We don't know what either of these rifles look like, but the boys at Entrerise do, and they're working on getting them running.

I pointed to the bolt engaging edge hoping that Matt would examine it, and perhaps note the travel of the bolt as it passes over the locking shoulder, since it dumps the cartridge shortly thereafter as the bolt rides up and over.

Maybe the feed ramp or the barrel throat is at fault, but the cartridge should not really contact there much at all, that's what the gilliee mod does is free the cartridge from the magazine so it has no place to go but in the chamber.
Old July 29, 2009, 16:39   #38
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ce
Rails are not the only point of impingement, gunnut.

We don't know what either of these rifles look like, but the boys at Entrerise do, and they're working on getting them running.

I pointed to the bolt engaging edge hoping that Matt would examine it, and perhaps note the travel of the bolt as it passes over the locking shoulder, since it dumps the cartridge shortly thereafter as the bolt rides up and over.

Maybe the feed ramp or the barrel throat is at fault, but the cartridge should not really contact there much at all, that's what the gilliee mod does is free the cartridge from the magazine so it has no place to go but in the chamber.
I understand what you are saying.

But he is saying that the receiver is out of spec. I cannot understand how 1 or ever 3 receivers can be that far out of spec since they are milled on an CNC machine. It seems to me that if that were the case then there would be hundreds of receivers out of spec.

And this guy has no experience with the FAL. Me and you have vast experience with them. I would love to see a picture of the gap he is talking about.

Or am I just being haughty and brusque again?

Old July 29, 2009, 16:58   #39
ggiilliiee
banned again

after running CNC for years ,hell a decimal point out of place can crease yer colon...

.running parts in fixtures is a cascading turbulent waterfall of doom and destruction ,whos sound can only be muffled by the screaming homeless blind children . ....(got that off Fox news hehe )

if your not payin close attention and checking EVERY op ..you be screwed .... ..anything ....can happen
Old July 29, 2009, 21:13   #40
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

Quote:
after running CNC for years ,hell a decimal point out of place can crease yer colon...

.running parts in fixtures is a cascading turbulent waterfall of doom and destruction ,whos sound can only be muffled by the screaming homeless blind children . ....(got that off Fox news hehe )

if your not payin close attention and checking EVERY op ..you be screwed .... ..anything ....can happen
Well ok bud. I'll beleive you.

Old July 29, 2009, 21:54   #41
Roger Hughes

Quote:

And this guy has no experience with the FAL. Me and you have vast experience with them. I would love to see a picture of the gap he is talking about.
Ok, I have no experience with FALs, but, FWIW, I've been a technician/mechanic for thirty years and have two technical degrees. IOW, I'm not a gunsmith, but I'm not a dunce when it comes to machines and mechanisms.

So you have vast experience, OK, but do you have more experience than the people who made the gun? I would assume they have far more experience than anyone, so why wasn't the gun right when it left the factory? Why wasn't it made right when it was sent back the first time?

It seems that experience doesn't equal positive results.
Old July 30, 2009, 11:25   #42
ce
Registered

A jug boat named "MISS HAPPY SPOT", and 2 trout the size of Hillary Clinton's thighs?

ggiilliiee, you are a man for all seasons, a captain of your destiny, and a master of your fate.

Carry on shining, you crazy diamond.

And yes, Roger, we do have more experience than Entreprise and DSA combined. If ggiilliie and I were their inspectors, your shit would work.
Old July 30, 2009, 11:41   #43
nukemmc
Registered

FALaholic #: 45134
Quote:
Originally posted by ce
ggiilliiee, you are a man for all seasons, a captain of your destiny, and a master of your fate.
And I am but an expert at putting the worm on the hook. I even have the "Master Baiter" certificate!

Sorry, I just had to do it.
nukemmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2009, 13:01   #44
gunnut1
Gold Contributor

Quote:

Ok, I have no experience with FALs, but, FWIW, I've been a technician/mechanic for thirty years and have two technical degrees. IOW, I'm not a gunsmith, but I'm not a dunce when it comes to machines and mechanisms.

So you have vast experience, OK, but do you have more experience than the people who made the gun? I would assume they have far more experience than anyone, so why wasn't the gun right when it left the factory? Why wasn't it made right when it was sent back the first time?

It seems that experience doesn't equal positive results.
Whatever.

Old July 30, 2009, 13:53   #45
Roger Hughes

Quote:
Originally posted by ce
And yes, Roger, we do have more experience than Entreprise and DSA combined. If ggiilliie and I were their inspectors, your shit would work. [/B]
Apply for a job with them and I promise I'll put a good word in! LOL.
Old August 23, 2009, 07:56   #46
da BIG KAHUNA
Registered

FALaholic #: 46007
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt@Entreprisearms

We are returning our (brother and I) newly purchased Entreprise STGs for the same problem .... failure to feed from the left ... either the bullet hits the ramp and the projectile gets pushed into the bulet casing or the bolt rides and dents the casing. Pictures below

When we eMailed you ... you told just to ship the rifles back to you without offering to pre-pay the shipping. Would it be at our expense or would you send pre-paid shipping labels?

Ideally, if the guns were built and tested right from the get go, there should be no additional loss of time and money on the purchaser, correct?

Old August 24, 2009, 00:13   #47
Adirondack1
Registered

FALaholic #: 6363
Quote:

I work at Remington Arms in the Quality Engineering department and Purchase Parts Inspection, before that I was a production gunsmith there.

What Giilliiee is telling you is TRUE, a million and one things can go wrong while doing CNC work!

Somebody can drop a decimal point in at the wrong place, a cutter can break without the operator noticing til he's already run several bad parts.

A cutter can wear down and make outta spec parts before it's replaced.

Even if the operator does 100% visual parts inspection.... sometimes they miss a bad cut or a missing cut.

While the operators make the CNC machines dance, my job is to make our CMM machines and hardguages dance, and screen out bad parts.

Rule of thumb on parts lots is to screen 10% and if you hit a bad one with either your hardguages or the CMM then you screen 100%

In an industrial setting it's not uncommon to have fallout of a certain number of parts despite instituting TQM and Six Sigma measures to combat such things.

The more I work in the quality department, the more I think Murphy was an optimist!
Adirondack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24, 2009, 00:29   #48
ggiilliiee
banned again

HOOOOOOOLLLLYYYYY MONICA CRAPINSKY .....
GOOOD GOD MY LIFE JUST FLASHED BEFORE MY EYES ...

STILL GOT YER LEGGS????

looking at those ammo pics ...all i can say is somebody up there is lookin out for ya man ....

ever seen anything like that on the 7th level of the century pagoda CE ??? ...glad noone got hurt

Last edited by ggiilliiee; August 24, 2009 at 00:58.
Old August 24, 2009, 01:31   #49
ggiilliiee
banned again

just wanted to add ..
for all you maniacs that have trusted me on this and had the clankers to jump in and do the job ...my hat is off to ya .

thought about chargin for this long time back, but just hearin the better function storys, and almost being able to see the sh&^t eatin grins on your faces when yer bustin mags and not having problems

you couldnt pay me enough ...

now im going to put on some Mannilow and light a few candles ..hehehe .
thanks guys ..
Old August 25, 2009, 00:35   #50
Roger Hughes

Quote:
Originally posted by da BIG KAHUNA
We are returning our (brother and I) newly purchased Entreprise STGs for the same problem .... failure to feed from the left ... either the bullet hits the ramp and the projectile gets pushed into the bullet casing or the bolt rides and dents the casing. Pictures below

Exact same problem I had. I thought I was done with this, but I found out today I'm only 80% home - have one kind of ammo (SGK) that won't feed. Had the "ggiilliieess mod" done, which made a big improvement. Maybe the ramp needs work now. Then maybe I can start debugging the trigger/hammer/sear and find out why the hammer isn't staying cocked when the gun cycles.