The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > General Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old September 26, 2003, 15:09   #1
FootLongCuban
Registered

FALaholic #: 1002
AK-47 Receiver template ACE Arms.

In case any other AK builders are interested. ACE Arms has put their AK-47 receiver template showing where to drill holes and magwell openings. This template is designed to be glued with either "spray mount" or glue stick to an IBE Bent metal or ACE Arms 80% receiver. Essentially a receiver thats been folded for you and its up to you to finish it off.

Anyway, heres the link. http://www.acearms.com/downloads/AK_Template_Ace.pdf

WeaponsWorld.com
Call: 1-860-AMMO-BIZ (860-266-6249)
E-Mail: sales@weaponsworld.com
FootLongCuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2003, 15:32   #2
dougjones31
Registered

FALaholic #: 6967
What size adjustments need to be made to make it print to scale?
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolf Hitler, 1935
dougjones31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2003, 16:00   #3
fourays2
Registered

FALaholic #: 8994
Re: AK-47 Receiver template ACE Arms.

Quote:
Originally posted by FootLongCuban
In case any other AK builders are interested. ACE Arms has put their AK-47 receiver template showing where to drill holes and magwell openings. This template is designed to be glued with either "spray mount" or glue stick to an IBE Bent metal or ACE Arms 80% receiver. Essentially a receiver thats been folded for you and its up to you to finish it off.

it doesn't show up for me, is it still there?

Alex
fourays2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2003, 16:16   #4
Snakeshot
Registered

FALaholic #: 909
Worked for me, but I could only save it using the save button on the Adobe Acrobat toolbar and I couldn't email it.

Thanks for the post FLC!
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
Frederic Bastiat
Snakeshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2003, 17:42   #5
FootLongCuban
Registered

FALaholic #: 1002
The file is in PDF format. To view you ned to have the Adobe Acrobat Reader plugin. You can download the plugin free here. http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

I opened the file up in Acrobat and hit print and it printed actual size with no adjustments.

WeaponsWorld.com
Call: 1-860-AMMO-BIZ (860-266-6249)
E-Mail: sales@weaponsworld.com
FootLongCuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2003, 11:41   #6
GRClark
Registered

FALaholic #: 9957
Adobe Acorbat Reader (the free version) does not let you save modified pdf files. You can only view and print.

You need the full version of Adobe Acrobat in order to save files.
GRClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2003, 21:12   #7
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
I just printed it out and compared it to a MAK-90 and it appears to be diamensioned correctly as best as my unscientific test can tell. I made no adjustments to print other then my computer/printer combo tried to default to "shrink to fit" which I shut off. Thanks for the link.

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2003, 21:23   #8
sniper69
Registered

FALaholic #: 9956
if you right click on the link and then click save target as, then it will save the pdf file to your hardrive in the folder of your choice (I saved it to the desktop). Then you can go to it whenever you need to without worrying if the link will still be good or not. Hope this helps...
sniper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2003, 22:22   #9
fourays2
Registered

FALaholic #: 8994
Re: AK-47 Receiver template ACE Arms.

Quote:
Originally posted by FootLongCuban

has anyone built a receiver using the pre-bent and template? I checked it out and it looks good but I didn't see any mention of the rails that you see stamped in the krinks and hesse receivers. wondering what you do about them?

Alex
fourays2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2003, 01:08   #10
sniper69
Registered

i'm working on mine, but unfortunately still have a ways to go. There have been a few posted recently at ak-47.net in the build it yourself forum, and there is currently a thread there on building from a ace or bentmetal blank with pictures and details explaining the steps. In the last couple months I have seen some AMD65's, polish kits, etc done on bentmetal blanks. Hope this helps some, the how to is a recent thread from within the last couple of days.
Old September 28, 2003, 06:04   #11
rocko
Registered

FALaholic #: 7145
FYI, there is (or at least was) a thread over on gunsnet where several people have found that their Ace blanks were not made out of as thick of material as they were supposed to be. Ace says they are .40 inches, which is just about 1mm as AK receivers typically are, but one member's mic'ed at as little as .32. Another's .34-.36. Thinner receiver combined with lack of heat treating may be bad news...

Rocko
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2003, 06:32   #12
sniper69
Registered

fourays2,
The rails get lined up and either welded or screwed into place. Forgot to mention this in my last post.

rocko,
I can't speak for blanks from ace arms, I'm using blanks that were made by Ibe and they are proper thickness. I do agree though that if the walls of the receiver are to thin it could cause trouble, or maybe the receiver wouldn't last as long. EIther way I think the three piece setup that ace arms sells won't have the same problem

Here is the thread at gunsnet that covers the building of it, http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showth...hreadid=137089 It is informative as is a bunch of other things in the BIY section.