FALaholic #: 78386
Best Workplace Pranks

I'm a bit bored, lets hear em!
Old July 10, 2017, 22:04   #2
medicmike
Get off my lawn
Contributor

FALaholic #: 3183
I have been a part to and victim of many. We were merciless in EMS...

Nitro paste on the steering wheel...makes you nice and light headed when trying to drive, same on the toilet seat.

Lasix in the coffee....makes you pee like a racehorse

Inject saline nice and deep into the seat of the ambulance....feels dry until you sit on it a bit.

Found a film canister with weed while doing standby at a concert. Tossed it to a city cop on scene...he said he was going to hide it under the back seat of one of the K9 guy's car....said the dog will destroy the car looking for the weed...

One guy got hold of a remote control "fart box" that made fun noises. He hid it at the EMS desk at the hospital...another medic was trying to chat up a cute little ER tech and we activated it several times...the look of disgust on her face was priceless as she stomped away. I thought ole Albert was going to kick someone's ass over that one.

One of the city cops had a bagful of broken safety glass....when a new guy was on a call and forgot to lock his car the cop rolled his window down...tossed a bunch of broken glass on the driver's seat and hid the 870 in the trunk and left....I am guessing he never forgot to lock the car again....

When I working in the millwright shop someone was always welding another guy's hammer to the table when he was busy welding.

There are lots more that don't come to mind at the moment....

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”
― G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad of the White Horse
medicmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2017, 22:27   #3
STG_58_guy
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 65886
All many years ago.

Rows of palletized boxes stacked 3 pallets high and 4 or 5 deep. Find a row only 2 stacks deep, pick up the stack with the fork truck and then back it in the "canyon" and set the stack down to hide it. Took 'em a shift to find the truck.

Was eating lunch in the lunch room. The lunchroom door had a crack an inch wide between it and the floor. A guy stuck a package of a dozen bottle rockets in the crack and lit them off. That was an interesting few seconds in the lunch room.

There are a million screen saver pranks. But always change the mouse buttons from right handed to left handed before you leave. The blue screen of death image as a screen saver is always good. Unplug the mouse for that one.
STG_58_guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2017, 22:43   #4
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
One of the best that sticks in my mind is from a job I did in 1995. We were rebuilding a processing plant and had about 6,000 feet of 8" aluminum piping to run... mostly through the rafters of the building, so we did a lot of work off those narrow Genie-lifts. Had one laborer that thought it was funny as hell to shake the lifts while we were TIG welding the pipe. (not funny).
One day after lunch I parked my lift on a sheet of aluminum that was for another project and grounded it to the structural steel... and waited, and waited a bit more... Finally here comes smart ass, I touched the tungsten to the lift rail and stomped the pedal when he grabbed the lift frame. For some reason he never did that again. I had the nickname "Zapster" for a while.

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2017, 23:08   #5
ratas calientes
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1841
Buy these and put them out in the candy bowl:

Haribo SUGAR FREE Classic Gummi Bears, 1 Lb

This is what they do to you:
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8...afe-for-humans
Old July 10, 2017, 23:45   #6
JohnnyReb
Registered

FALaholic #: 12093
We had a real stick pig, wouldn't let any of us get some twin-engine time. So we get a bunch of us to climb on the plane and compress the struts, and then hooked the tie-down chains.

He quit soon after that ...
Old July 11, 2017, 00:10   #7
Sagerider
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 66564
Water Snake!
Take a two foot piece of surgical tubing and tie a knot in one end. Fill it with water like a water ballon. Fold the open end and place it in the top desk drawer of your victim. When you close the drawer on the folded open end make sure it does not show. When the drawer is opened WATER SNAKE strikes!

Matthew 25:1 thru 25:10 Be ready!

The written word sometimes like poetry is never really finished but merely abandoned.

I live alone in the middle of nowhere with two dogs and a cat, what do you think about that.

The wind blows, the rain falls, the flag snaps its bravery in the dark as two dogs boil for attention at my feet.

Of course it is a true story. You just couldn't make up something like that, no way.
Sagerider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 00:30   #8
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Used to grease everything people would touch but then I found never sieze, great mess.

Worked outside so the occasional dead snake placed in the right spot had a premium effect.

I think my all time best was the water truck on a hot day, I could drown em and they never seen it comming. that truck could shoot water 150 feet.

Another one we pulled is the state would park their rigs in the way on the job site so we put rocks in the hubcaps.

Anything found gooey or sticky was put in someone's gloves.

Put some really spicy hot sauce in one of the burritos on the back of the paver for the mooch who allways took what wasn't his.

A banana peel in someone's work coat pocket was good, all ways had someone curse over that one. A dead bird is good too.

Last edited by Bawana jim; July 11, 2017 at 00:59.
Bawana jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 08:03   #9
LAFAL
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 85
Our food thief co-worker got a good lesson a few months back. He'd been stealing snacks on the weekend from the desk of a lady in the micro department. (you should never piss off someone with a chemistry and microbiology degree). She took a snack size pack of oreos, opened the end, slid out the cookies. Then she separated the halves, ate the creamy filling herself, (scrape off the filling with a 3x5 card leaves no residue). White poli-dent denture glue on the cookies and put the halves back together. Slid the cookies back in and left the end of the package twisted back together. Sure enough he struck again that weekend. I'd have loved to see his face.
Old July 11, 2017, 08:15   #10
randy762ak
Registered

FALaholic #: 25888
Boys slipped a note in a workers lunch pail after he finished eating --It said-Oh Sweety I love you so much ,,Im glad we could be together today ,,Lets do it again tomorrow !! Kisses xoxox=== worker almost ended up in a divorce ,,Boys had to write a letter of apology to the wife and swear it was them - !
randy762ak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 08:37   #11
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Raise toilet seat.

Cover toilet bowl with cling wrap.

Lower toilet seat.

Wait for hilarity to ensue.
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 11:25   #12
needafal
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 15194
Ty-wrap around a car (or truck) drive shaft. As soon as they start moving the ty-wrap smacks whatever is in its way and make a wonderfully annoying noise that can a pain in the ass for somebody to remove.

Get some lice spray and the little comb and just set it the bathroom at work on a shelf or something. It will make its own fun.

When I was an aircraft mech, we would drill a hole into the recipeints tool box and thread a grease zerk fitting into it and pressure pump grease into the box
Old July 11, 2017, 11:34   #13
Bawana jim
Registered

One of the guys on the crew was a slacker so he became the target. After lunch every day he took a 30 minute crap so white grease on the toilet seat was fun. Plus he left his tool belt where we worked and it got nailed to different size boards when he did.

Another contract the food thief got a chicken shit with relish sandwich.

Water on the machine seat was good
Old July 11, 2017, 11:37   #14
Col. Bat Guano
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 39349
In school, some friends and I were involved in a prank war. For my retaliatory strike, I quietly took a small stack of pennies and wedged them between the door frame and the door of a buddy's dorm room, preventing the egress of anyone inside. I then dumped a bunch on talcum powder at the bottom of the door and blew it under the door with a blow dryer. Everything inside the room was coated with powder as the plume enveloped the room. Truce was declared shortly thereafter.
Old July 11, 2017, 11:52   #15
TedKennedy
Registered

FALaholic #: 77344
Fresh Habanero, halved, rubbed around rim of can, bottle, straw.....

Guy took a forklift with squeeze/rotate ability, grabbed a dude's 6x8 ft locker of tools, rotated it a bit, put it back.

Welding wrenches together (like, 20 of them)

Had some air-operated valves about 30 feet up in a really dusty, hot area. (glass plant) Maint guy kept a 20oz pop bottle of oil on rail next to valve so he didn't have to carry it every time. Someone climbed up, poured out oil, replaced with urine.

Guy brought in some corndogs from convenience store to eat at lunch. I pulled the wooden sticks out, chopped up some hot peppers from the garden, poked them inside, replaced the sticks. That was one of the funniest attempts to eat a corndog I ever saw. Guy thought he'd got the jalapeno dogs by mistake, but he was sweating and just couldn't bear it....

Part of job description was to keep a section of 24"x24"x 20 foot drain channel clear. (it would get full of crushed glass, foul-smelling oily mud, it was bad) Had heavy steel plates for covers. Player A was lazy, but had to get his 20 feet clear, or the boss was gonna get him the next morn. Spent hours of backbreaking shoveling, got it done.

Player B took a front end loader down there, removed plates, shoveled it back IN, replaced plates. Classic.
TedKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 11:54   #16
Stoney
Former 0311
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1205
a lineman would steal a crew members hat and nail it to the top of a pole, don't ask how i know

Illegitimi non carborundum

A 1911A1 is like a Glock, except it's for grownups.

AMERICA! Designed by geniuses. Now run by idiots.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen." Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old Viking saying: Never be more then two steps from your weapon

Flying is a hard way to earn an easy living.
Stoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 12:03   #17
medicmike
Get off my lawn
Contributor

When at the mill we used to send FNG's to get the "Sawdust Pump"...most of the crew knew what was going on and we could keep them going in circles for an hour or more. One of the guys in the millwright shop finally pieced together a REALLY heavy dummy pump....one guy was so pissed after lugging that around the mill he walked off the job.

The main part of the mill was in an old uninsulated quonset building, would get cold in the winter....like water freeze indoors cold. One winter one guy thought it would be fun to run around on a forklift and hose people down with one of the water fire extinguishers we kept around. We caught him the next day, handcuffed him, tied him up and hoisted him up by a forklift before turning a hose on him. We let him dangle for about a half hour. There was a trip to the office over that one

Old July 11, 2017, 12:34   #18
Bawana jim
Registered

Working on the second floor of a building when the iron worker foreman walked into the portable outhouse. Hooked the crane to it and lifted it just off the ground with the guy screaming inside. He finally peaks out to all the crew laughing their asses off and because he chewed he had spit all over himself as he went through the fun.
Old July 11, 2017, 13:41   #19
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
Had guy at the machine shop I worked at in college, he was a real cheap skate. Always shorting other people on take out lunches, never chipped in to buy pizza on someones birthday, a known fridge bandit, etc. One day I tore the corner off a $20 and slid it under the edge of a big mold platen that came in on the loading dock. When we came back from lunch we snuck back in the rear door and peeped around the corner. This SOB had a a pry bar under it and was doing tricep dips trying to get this fukn 6 - 8000 lb block off the ground, grunting with sweat dripping down his face and shit. I just walked by with the $20 bill in my hand, bent over and said “Oh, I was looking for that, thanks!”, picked it up and showed him the match and then went back to my drill press with gales of laughter behind me. I miss those days lol

Last edited by Impala_Guy; July 11, 2017 at 19:21.
Impala_Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 14:50   #20
Elwarpo
Registered

FALaholic #: 38498
Put some small nuts or ball bearings in an altoids can. Put it under the drivers seat and enjoy.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing” Edmund Burke
Elwarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 15:00   #21
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
My personal best was my Navy days. I was a Corpsman, and being in a crew for a ship being built meant a lot of time to kill. In the medical dept we were getting our supplies one shipping tote at a time. Got a case of finger cots (google a pic) in one. They are basically single-finger "gloves" and look like little rolled-up condoms.

We had a Chief Boatswain's Mate (I was E4 at the time) that looked for all the world like Sargent Carter and a bulldog had a kid. All the guys under him were terrified of him. Those of us that knew him outside the ship (he was drinking buddies with the Corpsmen, loved us for some reason) knew he was a lot of bark and little bite, and actually a great man, mentor, and friend (and here over 20 years later still is). Anyway I find an old letter in my desk, forge a beautiful mailing label, write a "thank you" note from the "Tiny Tim Condom Company," package it up real nice, and drop it on his desk early one morning. Letter was something to the effect of "We at the Tiny Tim Condom Company want to thank your wife Lisa for her order. Based on sizing standards she provided we have upgraded her request for you to the ribbed version to give her maximum enjoyment from your minimum endowment... blah blah blah." Other Corpsman buddy and I are pretending to have business with the Gunner's Mates when he walks in. Mumbles under his breath "what the hell is this?" Opens it, starts reading the letter. Vein on his forehead starts coming out to the point we're afraid it might blow. He looks around to see if anyone sees what he has received, spots my buddy and I.... and it hits him. "GODDAM CORPSMEN AIN'T GOT ANYTHING BETTER TO DO????" We about piss ourselves laughing. He hands the box a letter to another chief buddy of his, he reads, he sees what's in the box, loses it. It makes the rounds of the Deck Dept office and the tears are flowing. It gets out. Folks under him approach us for days asking "did you really prank the Chief???" Don't think everyone ever actually believed an E4 and E5 corpsmen would do that to THAT guy.

IT WAS GLORIOUS......................
jhend170 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 15:05   #22
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

On the ship we also had more than one FNG checking aboard that we'd convince that the ships whistle was called the "OOD" and that it was Navy tradition to give the whistle a blast when you check aboard you first ship. They would go to the bridge, stand at attention, announce "Respectfully request to blow the OOD!" The Officer Of the Day always responded with "PERMISSION GRANTED!"
Old July 11, 2017, 18:51   #23
hardheaded
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 27964
At Christmas we made up a free 20 lb turkey coupon stating that Henkles & McCoy was so grateful for a job well done a free turkey was waiting for them at Giant Eagle
Uncle Fester made such a fuss the store manager gave him a turkey to shut him up
hardheaded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 19:34   #24
Blackmore
> Dirt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story View Post
Raise toilet seat.

Cover toilet bowl with cling wrap.

Lower toilet seat.

Wait for hilarity to ensue.
Ice cubes and clear gelatin in the toilet gives a similar effect though the plumbers will be PO'd.

Or simply steal the toilet seats from both genders' respective facilities so no discrimination complaints.

Did all these to girls' dorms in college.
Old July 11, 2017, 20:14   #25
skinnydash
Registered

FALaholic #: 79317
Filled a coworkers desk drawers with packing popcorn, then grabbed a hand held pallet wrapper from shipping and wrapped a coworkers desk. Not only around horizontally but over and under too. Her reaction was something I still think about from time to time.

At the same job but many years later, as one of the HR women was setting up the Christmas decorations, I conspired with my supervisor (and her friend outside work) to surprise the HR lady. I hid inside an artificial tree box and waited for her to come over. When she did, I quickly reached out from inside the box and growled. She let out squeal and jumped back, while her friend laughed and laughed and laughed.

Good times, but these days there are too many serious folks. Ya gotta have some fun to make life bearable.
skinnydash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 20:46   #26
hemcon9
Registered

FALaholic #: 53134
Nail swat team member(s) boots left outside locker to concrete floor with Hilti gun.
hemcon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 21:01   #27
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnydash View Post
Filled a coworkers desk drawers with packing popcorn, then grabbed a hand held pallet wrapper from shipping and wrapped a coworkers desk. Not only around horizontally but over and under too. Her reaction was something I still think about from time to time.

At the same job but many years later, as one of the HR women was setting up the Christmas decorations, I conspired with my supervisor (and her friend outside work) to surprise the HR lady. I hid inside an artificial tree box and waited for her to come over. When she did, I quickly reached out from inside the box and growled. She let out squeal and jumped back, while her friend laughed and laughed and laughed.

Good times, but these days there are too many serious folks. Ya gotta have some fun to make life bearable.
I had a guy piss off the secretary a few years back, so she put around 30 wraps of shrink wrap on his toolbox. I didn't think she could be that determined.

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 21:27   #28
GreenGiant
Registered

FALaholic #: 63187
Once a coworker went on a cruise for a couple of weeks for their birthday (40 or 50th IIRC). The office sprinkled Birthday Glitter (tiny sparkly numbers, party hats, etc) in each drawer, stretch wrapped the WHOLE CUBE, and filled it to the very top with pink and blue packing peanuts. (Don't believe anyone who says the pink and blue ones don't have static because they were jumping into other cubes for most of the week.) When the victim came back to work, he had to use a shovel and one of the large grey rolling bins to empty his cube. This took ALL DAY! He was finding bits of glitter 2 YEARS later in various parts of his cube and occasionally a lone peanut would levitate out of a crevice somewhere and float around the office.
Nobody would admit who's idea it was, ever!
GreenGiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 21:48   #29
aussiedave
Registered

FALaholic #: 7307
my time at the hospital was a lot of fun, the morgue was always good for a scream and a laugh or two.
one night around 2am I was walking past the morgue and heard voices, as I had the key to that door and the only other key was with the nursing supervisor I decided to check it out as that door should have been locked, I peeked in the door and here were 2 nurses struggeling to put a body from the "covered wagon" onto the fridge draw, I grabbed the door handle turned it 90* and opened the door, it hit fat nurse #1 right in the crack of her arse, she screamed, nurse #2 also screamed and both of them dropped the body, they turned and were out of that room ASAP..( both nurses were black, seems they don't like dead bodies)
Prank #2
while working at the nut hut, I found the old PA room, it had been walled off years ago during a renovation, the new nurses station was not hooked up to this PA system, so I could talk to the nut jobs and the staff could not hear anything. we would mess with the day shift by going down there at about 330am and in a very quiet deep voice " THIS IS GOD, I CAN SEE YOU, THEY ARE MESSING WITH YOU." and basically instruct the nutters to riot at breakfast... they were hearing voices in the night....

for my last day of employment at the hospital I got one of the guards who also was on his last day to wheel the body gurney around, I was under the cover and I has an ice bucket to put my hand in, I would grab people as we passed in the hallway with a cold hand from the body cart.. got quite a few screams from that ... good thing I never wanted to work there again.. BRING OUT YOUR DEAD...

Last edited by aussiedave; July 11, 2017 at 21:55.
aussiedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 21:53   #30
Bawana jim
Registered

Mmmm let's see now, what have they done to me. Came back to the yard and somebody fully wrapped my full size ford bronco with siran wrap. Round and round so it took me about 40 minutes to get it all off.

Burning rags on the steel work deck under the seat.

Grease in my hat band.

Water on my seat and one of the girls got me with the water truck when I couldn't run.

Called a meeting of the crew for my birthday and gave me some kinky women's panties in front of the crew. Truck drivers were eating donuts and talking shit so I hung the panties on the machine for all to see.

Took pictures of my plumbers butt and put them on the office bulletin board

Ya just no justice..
Old July 11, 2017, 22:11   #31
notfrommt
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 66655
Fill someone's lunch box containing their lunch with core sand. (At a foundry)

As a forklift passes reach in and yank the parking brake lever. Hilarious!

Dykem paste is really hard to wash off. Works great on finding out who's been snooping in drawers.
notfrommt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2017, 22:58   #32
medicmike
Get off my lawn
Contributor

Just remembered...there was a medic that was a bit insufferable. We got a crapload of paper hole punches and filled his defroster vents with them on a cold day (never forget to lock your car doors).....he went out at the end of shift to defrost his car....looked like a ticker tape parade in the parking lot....

Old July 12, 2017, 05:04   #33
Blackmore
> Dirt
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2690
Talcum powder in the defroster vents is an old standby, too.
Old July 12, 2017, 08:29   #34
MordeanGrey
Registered

FALaholic #: 457
Done to me:

In the early 1990s I worked at a commercial printing place in the design and layout area with a bunch of other coworkers who were also in their early 20s. We had a lot of fun with pranks, but they got me really good with a small, hotel soap bar dipped in chocolate while the rest of them ate similar looking chocolate covered cookies. I took a big bite right in front of all of them and immediately started spitting stuff into a trash can while they burst out with laughter. At the same time, one of our regular clients walked into the room to see complete chaos. One of my good friends who was a large, former college football lineman laughed so hard he tipped his tall chair over backward and crashed onto the floor. I think we all laughed for about five minutes before any of us could talk.

Done to others:

My high school summer job was working for our small-town parks department with a small group of full-time city employees. Every year around the 4th of July we would buy the "boobytrap" firecrackers that had a firecracker in the middle of a long piece of string. You could tie the ends of the string around something that moved and when people moved the object (door, chair, etc.) it set off the firecracker. The full-time guys would retaliate in kind, so for several weeks everyone was super careful while opening doors, or moving anything. We tied one to the hood latch inside one of the older guy's personal vehicle that I'm sure got him good the next time he went to check the oil in his truck.
MordeanGrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2017, 08:40   #35
LAFAL
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 85
my motor pool Sgt was a big practical joker. He'd hammer a water pipe in the ground near the motor pool out in the field at Ft Hood. The pipe had a faucet on it. They'd pour water on the ground under the spout and tell the newbies that it was the "field water point". They'd dump out their canteens full of warm water, crouch down, put their empty canteens under the spout and turn on the water. Annnnnnd, wait. Wait. Waaaaaiiiiiitttt. We'd be sitting in front of the Field expedient tent cooler (Ice block in a wash tub with a fan sitting behind it) watching the poor guy figure out he'd been tooled.
Old July 12, 2017, 11:02   #36
alphadog58
Registered

FALaholic #: 9405
Fun and games at Electric Boat

Lots o' fun building subs. Take a pig of lead ballast 3x3x12" about 100lbs and put it into a guys lunch box. End of shift everyone grabs their box and makes the dash to the time clock... Glue, grease, or blue dykem on the backsides of stair and ladder rails.
Had a habitual food moocher at lunchtime. I made a tuna sammich with Calo tuna cat food. Lunch time everyone knows about the prank but the moocher. Sure enough, "Hey, anybody got an extra sammich?" "Sure, you like tuna?"😂😂
Larry

"Man, I know. Ever'body funny, you funny, too." George Thorogood
alphadog58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2017, 15:32   #37
cotter
Registered

FALaholic #: 23754
Had a guy bring a propane grill in to work to clean up. He spent a few hours on it, real nice when he was done. When he went to the bathroom I taped a pack of black cat firecrackers to the bottom of one of the heat deflectors. Unfortunately his roommate used the grill first but I heard about it. Would have LOVED to have seen it.

Had a guy load another's cigarettes with a firecracker.

Peanut butter is another fun one to smear on anything and everything, or KY jelly/surgilube.
cotter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2017, 16:38   #38
chrsdwns
Registered

FALaholic #: 9846
Used to work summers doing high steel.

It was 110 degrees and the red primed steel frames offered no shade and by about mid day the beams would be hot enough to burn the hands of anyone who was not heat adapted.

Like a new guy.

First day on the job for the new guys we would pick a beam just heavy enough so that two guys could barely lift it and leave it in the sun. Wait until the new guy walked by and grab one end of the beam and shout for the FNG to give a hand and pick up the other side. Just about the time the beam the cleared the ground the NG would realize how hot the beam was but it was too late to drop.

All very funny till one wimpy FNG could not take the heat and dropped the beam. That was the last time we played that prank and my toe nail still does not grow right to this day.

In grad school our building superintendent really loved to play practical jokes on us and he was really good at it. Lots of hysterical stunts that kept us laughing - unless we were the one the joke was on.

He was also totally paranoid about chemicals and the dangers of being exposed. He was always calling in hazmat teams to test for imaginary chemical contamination and spills which drove the department heads crazy.

Our labs were in the basement right next to the bathroom. and one day we got a shipment packed in dry ice.

We figured it would be fun to get a little payback for his pranks so we threw about 5 pounds of dry ice in each of the commodes and urinals and in the floor drains, which caused a loud bubbling noise with water bubbles and clouds of smoke like white mist pouring out of the toilets and flowing across the floor and out under the doors and into the hallway. we outdid ourselves and it really was a spectacular sight

We innocently called him up on the phone and asked him to come down and take look at the bathrooms because there might be a problem.

The prank worked a bit too well because when he came down he saw the mist coming out from under the door which got him wound up and paranoid so when he opened the door and saw all the mist coming out of the toilets and heard all the bubbling he freaked out, totally panicked, dropped his clip board, pen and camera and went running down the hall with key chains flapping around and ran up the stairs to call in the Hazmat crews, losing his glasses in the process.

We didn't catch up to him until the third floor. He was hyperventilating and looked like he was about to have a heart attack. It took us 15 minutes to calm him down enough to explain it was just a joke with dry ice and convince him it was perfectly safe.

"There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as a result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved."
~~Ludwig Von Mises

...when poets buy guns, tourist season is over................Walter R. Mead.

Last edited by chrsdwns; July 12, 2017 at 18:40.
chrsdwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2017, 16:40   #39
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
I guess dykem is the gold standard in machine shops. That shit used to piss me off to no end because I would dress decent and get that shit on my clothes. There would be a cycle of it and the shit would end up getting smeared all over the place.

Working as an electrician years ago, I didn't have time for practical jokes. But I hate to say the times I busted out laughing the most is when someone did something stupid. Guy working for me tried to change out a fuse holder hot in a panel one time. He caused a chain reaction arc over on heater fuse buss for extruder heating zones against an 800 amp service. That little Klein screwdriver was melted about 1/3 of the way back. I was called in on my day off to get the thing back up. The EMTs had been there and gone because he was blinded for a little bit.

I asked him why was he working it hot. He said because it had blown a fuse and couldn't find the fuses so was changing fuse block on the fly to accept some others. Anyway, I showed him in the cabinet where they were and then pointed out to him that the 1st zone isn't really going to shut down production. I laughed my ass off months after that. I kept that screwdriver and would pull it out once in awhile to remind him of how funny I thought him damn near killing himself was because it taught him a hell of a lesson.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be disappointed.

Before trying to beat the odds, make sure you can survive the odds beating you.
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2017, 16:48   #40
yovinny
Registered

FALaholic #: 7679
A smear of prussian blue on the sweat band of any hat, hard hat especially, is always good.
On a hot day, the wearer will quickly end up looking like a smurf....
yovinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2017, 16:51   #41
Bawana jim
Registered

Worked with the pipe fitters and they were fun. One took a small single serving milk container and run his torch in it unlit. Closed it then turned it on its side and lit the cardboard on fire then left for a hiding place. The boom was awesome and scared the crap out of some.
Old July 12, 2017, 17:34   #42
chrsdwns
Registered

FALaholic #: 9846
In high school my step dad's loser nephew was a real jerk and always tried to get my step dad to team up with him and play real mean spirited pranks on me.

I was young and dumb enough to dip Copenhagen snuff so the two of them got the brilliant idea to steal a can and spike the tobacco with some really nasty lava grade hot pepper extract and then stand around and wait to watch the fun.

I put a dip in and it tasted weird but I have a high tolerance and for some reason it did not burn nearly as bad as they expected. It took me a minute to figure what they did and why they were watching me so close for a reaction.

When I figured out what was going on there was way I was going to give them the satisfaction of them getting a rise out of me so I acted hard like nothing was wrong and played it cool no matter how much the stuff burned.

After a while the came up and asked me if I noticed anything was wrong but I played dumb acted as if nothing was wrong. They were really bummed and grabbed the can of Copenhagen to make sure it was the one they had sabotaged.

They kept asking me if I noticed anything and I just kept shaking my head no. Finally they came clean and told me what they did but I just shrugged my shoulders and said something to the effect that it was good stuff and could they give me the recipe.

They were totally disappointed that their little prank did not play out and said they must have got a bad batch of pepper extract or something.

It was getting late so they soon got ready to leave and drove out the driveway shortly after.

They did not get far because before they left because I poured the full spittoon of tobacco/pepper spit on the driver and passenger side vinyl seats that were waterproof and just dished perfect to hold a nice full puddle and one thing that stuff sure did was make you spit a lot. When they sat down the juice soaked all the way through their shorts before they could figure out what happened.

They found out the pepper extract was more than plenty hot, especially when it soaked your nuts, your unit and ran way up the crack of your ass

Their reaction was a lot more fun to watch and the pepper was actually hot enough to blister areas of especially sensitive skin, of which there was plenty

That was the last prank they ever pulled on me.

"There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as a result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved."
~~Ludwig Von Mises

...when poets buy guns, tourist season is over................Walter R. Mead.

Last edited by chrsdwns; July 12, 2017 at 18:42.
chrsdwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2017, 08:11   #43
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotter View Post

Peanut butter is another fun one to smear on anything and everything, or KY jelly/surgilube.
AAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh reminded me...

In Corps School in San Diego. One of our classmates had a real annoying habit of getting $#!+faced drunk on Friday nights and coming into the barracks about 4am making all kinds of noise. We had enough. He comes in, passes out in his rack as usual. We carefully pull his skivvies down to his anklles, squirt a bunch of surgilube all over his ass and back, and throw about half a dozen opened condoms on the bed behind him and floor around him. Seeing him late the next morning trying to figure out what happened was golden.
Old July 13, 2017, 09:01   #44
MordeanGrey
Registered

FALaholic #: 457
We told one of the newer girls that worked with us in the prepress area that a client had called about a proof when she was gone and that she should call him back ASAP. The note said his name was Harry Baer so, of course, we gave her the number of the local zoo. She called it and argued with the lady on the phone that she was supposed to talk with Harry Baer because he had called her and left a message. The lady finally had to explain to her that she had been pranked to call the zoo and ask for Hairy Bear.

That was a good one!
MordeanGrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2017, 20:01   #45
Jarhead504
Registered

FALaholic #: 65022
I do not like "pracitcal jokes" because they are not funny to the victim, although some people desrve to to be pranked because they are genuine assholes.

On subguns, on of the board regulars stated his crew pranked one of their jerk bosses in a great way. He used to buy a lottery ticket and put it in his top drawer. One day they bought a ticket THE DAY AFTER, but with the "winning numbers" and substituted it for the one he bought. When he came in and checked the numbers he was ecstatic. However, he proceeded to tell everyone to kiss his ass, go to Hell, fug off and was generally mean and nasty before he stomped off. He said he only wished he could see the asshole's face when he discovered the ticket was fake and day late.

Jarhead
Jarhead504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14, 2017, 00:37   #46
Artful
Registered

FALaholic #: 10191
Fake lottery ticket - check - must be certified by the east bunny, tooth fairy and Santa.
reserved for restaurant help that gave poor/no service.

Neverseaze - yep - copper kind - filled the big waterloo tool chest drawers to the brim.
We could always tell his tools and he couldn't steal ours.

Spot welded picnic tables together on one end - check - quick swing at other end and wallah free.

Acetylene in plastic ziplock baggie rolled under a Azz welding on a saw dust pipe - yep got his attention - he went from 2nd floor down to 1st thru the tube - didn't expect that.

filled the office floor with paper dixie cups stapled together then fill will watering can - check (helps if you do a bunch before hand and then staple the rafts together.

sitting next to a guy who thought he was cool spiff working on computers - turned his monitor brightness down just a smidge every day - Oh, and he had to have that desk because it was over the heater outlet - turned that to shut very slowly also. Boss after about 3 days of the guy complaining he was going blind and losing feeling in his feet fixed it and told me to knock it off.

Guy bought a new VW - kept telling us how great his car was - I would drink a six oz coke bottle daily - refilled an empty with gas and added to his tank - until his first tune up/oil change then took out six oz of gas daily - after he took it back to the dealership had them retune it - just left it alone. He must have taken back to the dealership a half dozen times - never did get as good gas mileage as that first month.

Foreman with a tonnaeu cover over the bed - filled the bed with all used brake drums - large with medium and small - packed until no rattle.
He must have tuned it every day for a week until he needed something under that cover.

Last edited by Artful; July 14, 2017 at 00:50.
Artful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14, 2017, 03:30   #47
Gloc47
Registered

FALaholic #: 79872
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12v71 View Post
One of the best that sticks in my mind is from a job I did in 1995. We were rebuilding a processing plant and had about 6,000 feet of 8" aluminum piping to run... mostly through the rafters of the building, so we did a lot of work off those narrow Genie-lifts. Had one laborer that thought it was funny as hell to shake the lifts while we were TIG welding the pipe. (not funny).
One day after lunch I parked my lift on a sheet of aluminum that was for another project and grounded it to the structural steel... and waited, and waited a bit more... Finally here comes smart ass, I touched the tungsten to the lift rail and stomped the pedal when he grabbed the lift frame. For some reason he never did that again. I had the nickname "Zapster" for a while.
I guess that prank "shocked" him for a bit.
Gloc47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14, 2017, 11:42   #48
alphadog58
Registered

FALaholic #: 9405
More EB fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by yovinny View Post
A smear of prussian blue on the sweat band of any hat, hard hat especially, is always good.
On a hot day, the wearer will quickly end up looking like a smurf....
Every metal trade wore a different color hard hat. Foremen of all trades wore white hard hats. Any white hard hat found without it's owner received the blue dykem in the sweatband...
Larry

"Man, I know. Ever'body funny, you funny, too." George Thorogood
alphadog58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 14, 2017, 13:07   #49
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Some submariner's fun

On the boats, all of the shower heads had on-off valves for water conservation.

Wet down, water off, lather up, water on, rinse off, water off.

The ELT's (engineering lab techs) used these gelatin dye capsules to make indicator test chemicals. They looked just like any pill you got over the counter. We would unscrew the shower head of the intended victim, insert a dye cap, and re-install the shower head. The time period of wet to rinse was enought for the gel cap to melt and the victim would come out of the shower a bright blue. Usually done a couple of days before arrival in port, because it took a couple of days in the sun to go away.

Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr. USAF

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 14, 2017, 14:09   #50
308/223shooter
FALAholic enabler
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 15405
Bubble wrap placed under a tire. When the victim moves their car it gets their attention real quick.