Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The M1 / M14 Files

Notices

Old December 21, 2017, 22:46   #1
littlehoot
Registered

FALaholic #: 11432
Can someone explain to me...

What is a. WIN 13?

I've heard of such, but never have seen any description that explained what they are or why they are special to my satisfaction.
Old December 21, 2017, 23:06   #2
VALMET
Curio & Relic
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
More thorough and eloquent that I could ever hope to put it...

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...hester-garand/

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science!" -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2017, 11:19   #3
randy762ak
Registered

FALaholic #: 25888
As a Proud owner of one I can answer!

Way back when the CMP was the DCM , My bro and I went and shot a Qualifying match to purchase M1 Rifles . after we sent in our papers we were sent back saying they had dispersed the allotment for the year re-apply.Later they sent My bro a note saying his rifle was ready to ship- send in the money --Bro was broke and told me IF I wanted it I could pay for it so I did .. 2 weeks later he comes to the house with a Box and we open it --I Was really hoping for a IH ,, But as I open the plastic bag I see it says -WINCHESTER .. /Great just as happy!

Next day setting around with the M1 Book on My lap Im trying to find the year of manufacture.? Finally I find a Page detailing the WIN-13 The heat lot code on the Receiver Frame.. Its tells me They held out a number of receivers in case they ran low and needed fill is , When in late 45 They had a surplus they took them and built them into rifles making them some years out of date in the production sequence .. They are among the more rare examples .. Mine is 90% all original ,,I did good for My $200.00 bucks ,,,,,I told my Brother he could shoot it anytime he wants !
randy762ak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2017, 11:54   #4
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy762ak View Post
,,I did good for My $200.00 bucks ,,,,

OMG. I hate you. In a good way, of course.
Old December 31, 2017, 20:54   #5
randy762ak
Registered

FALaholic #: 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkshooter View Post
OMG. I hate you. In a good way, of course.

Hhahaahahah===
Actually it 100% Original in 90% Condition ,, Yes I count My lucky stars on this one -!
Some times you dont make out as well I bought an International harvester that was ""Rebuilt as a National Match rifle "" went to shoot it and stuffed a clip of aught six in the magwell and let the bolt fly CLUNK bolt stops 1/2 inch from closing --DAMN Its a 308 barrel!! Oh well-- Someday Ill re barrel it to aught six again /.
randy762ak is online now   Reply With Quote