Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old December 30, 2017, 12:59   #1
oleblu72
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 29908
Nigerian prince

Now you guys can rest easy, he's not the only one I'm sure but its a start. I just can't believe that people honestly fell for this scam.

Mark

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...cid=spartandhp
oleblu72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2017, 15:14   #2
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
The guy looks nothing like Eddie Murphy on the train in "Trading Places".

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2017, 15:32   #3
Invictus77
1C 16:13
Bronze Contributor
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Does this mean there will be a delay in the millions of bucks being transferred to my account?
Old December 30, 2017, 15:52   #4
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
HELP WANTED:. Middle Man for Prince

He's deceased with an unsettled estate, too.

"DON'T do business with this guy" (me) in the Marketplace.
Twenty years of (+) across the innerwebs are wrong...
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 12:04   #5
pmf
Registered

FALaholic #: 2923
I'm surprised anyone bothered to go after him. Seems like there's very little enforcement on this kind of stuff. It must account for billions of dollars in theft.

A few years ago someone filed a fake tax return on me through H&R Block. I would have never known, except Block sent the $7800 refund check to my house instead of the routing number on the tax return. I had filed my own return, with the $5000 I owed in taxes that year. I call the IRS -- they don't give a crap. I file a report with the Sheriff's office. They tell me to brace myself for it to happen again next year. H&R Block wanted the check back, and otherwise didn't care. It took me two years to convince the IRS that we didn't owe Social Security tax on the woman we employed to take care of the kids. They kept looking at the falsified return. You'd think they'd go after whoever did this. They had a bank routing number. How hard is it to follow that to a person?
I should have just cashed the $8700 check and kept my mouth shut. No one gave a rats ass.
pmf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 13:35   #6
oleblu72
Veteran Member
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 29908
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmf View Post
I'm surprised anyone bothered to go after him. Seems like there's very little enforcement on this kind of stuff. It must account for billions of dollars in theft.

A few years ago someone filed a fake tax return on me through H&R Block. I would have never known, except Block sent the $7800 refund check to my house instead of the routing number on the tax return. I had filed my own return, with the $5000 I owed in taxes that year. I call the IRS -- they don't give a crap. I file a report with the Sheriff's office. They tell me to brace myself for it to happen again next year. H&R Block wanted the check back, and otherwise didn't care. It took me two years to convince the IRS that we didn't owe Social Security tax on the woman we employed to take care of the kids. They kept looking at the falsified return. You'd think they'd go after whoever did this. They had a bank routing number. How hard is it to follow that to a person?
I should have just cashed the $8700 check and kept my mouth shut. No one gave a rats ass.

The IRS stupidity knows no bounds.

Mark
oleblu72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 14:32   #7
pmf
Registered

FALaholic #: 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleblu72 View Post
The IRS stupidity knows no bounds.

Mark
That's an understatement.

I employed a woman to take care of my kids. Had an Employer ID number, withheld taxes and Social Security -- all perfectly legal. I paid her in full and she was suppose to pay her taxes. A couple years go by and I get a call from the IRS -- your employee has not been paying her taxes. Isn't that illegal? Apparently not. It's illegal if you don't file, but not if you don't pay. She had been filing and not paying. So they tell me to garnish her wages by a huge amount -- leaving her $400 a month to live on. It was around $6000 and I decided to just pay it since she didn't have the money -- and then just pay her taxes into the future. So how much exactly do I owe? This seems like a simple question. If I pay her taxes by August 1, how much do I owe? I tried several times and got answers that differed by thousands of dollars. One was tens of thousands of dollars. I finally got through to a guy who spoke clear English and told me the exact amount, and I paid it. I had a fairly good notion of what the amount was, just not exactly. I must have tried 10 times to get a competent person.

And these are the people who are collecting money to run this country. You'd think there would be some concern not to employ dumb asses to do something this important. Simply amazing.
pmf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 02, 2018, 15:10   #8
Riversidesports
Banned
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 36091
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmf View Post
That's an understatement.

I employed a woman to take care of my kids. Had an Employer ID number, withheld taxes and Social Security -- all perfectly legal. I paid her in full and she was suppose to pay her taxes. A couple years go by and I get a call from the IRS -- your employee has not been paying her taxes. Isn't that illegal? Apparently not. It's illegal if you don't file, but not if you don't pay. She had been filing and not paying. So they tell me to garnish her wages by a huge amount -- leaving her $400 a month to live on. It was around $6000 and I decided to just pay it since she didn't have the money -- and then just pay her taxes into the future. So how much exactly do I owe? This seems like a simple question. If I pay her taxes by August 1, how much do I owe? I tried several times and got answers that differed by thousands of dollars. One was tens of thousands of dollars. I finally got through to a guy who spoke clear English and told me the exact amount, and I paid it. I had a fairly good notion of what the amount was, just not exactly. I must have tried 10 times to get a competent person.

And these are the people who are collecting money to run this country. You'd think there would be some concern not to employ dumb asses to do something this important. Simply amazing.
meh' started when the Clintons packed up bureaus with inner city Blacks
ATF was all fuckwadded up with stupid
Riversidesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2018, 14:59   #9
jhend170
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 76477
Reason 3476209837623492345 to go to the Fair Tax consumption tax. IRS will only need to be 5-6k employees rather than the 60k they have now. Works out to about $3BILLION in savings just right there.
jhend170 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 03, 2018, 17:44   #10
CG&L
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 27951
The savings would be much bigger than $3 billion considering retirement and everything else a government employee gets.

I would guess 10x that amount
Old January 03, 2018, 19:35   #11
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
I'll bet he doesn't get to prison alive.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 04, 2018, 14:52   #12
Atla
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 79587
I knew a guy a few years back who sold 'Good Vibes' online. He had a website and everything, people actually gave him money for it.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity" - Robert Heinlein.