The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The L1A1, inch-pattern, and Indian Files

Notices

Old December 28, 2017, 15:04   #1
jt59
Registered

FALaholic #: 21735
Century L1A1 local

Local armslist century L1A1 with thumbhole stock for $550. If I can meet him at a safe location is this a good deal?
jt59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 15:26   #2
steveTA1983
Registered

FALaholic #: 80139
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
Local armslist century L1A1 with thumbhole stock for $550. If I can meet him at a safe location is this a good deal?
Seems to be a fair/average price if it's in good shape
steveTA1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 18:52   #3
D. Lehrman
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 10
....and depending upon the receiver used in the build. Buy the Imbel or Argentine....if it's an Onyx or Imbel Gear Logo version, pay, slap yourself (to make sure you're awake)....and then RUN, RUN, RUN away laughing. Anything else...beware. Near the end of the thumbhole versions they also used Hesse and their own receivers on his molds. Stay away from those as anything less than a project of unknown expense....and you should know what you're doing somewhat even then.
D. Lehrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2017, 04:13   #4
Texas Jaguar
Registered

FALaholic #: 6874
Every item I've pursued on ARMSLIST was either a scam or failed to respond to my inquiries. I'd be very wary and particularly suspect of the origin of any "too good to be true" deals. A word to the wise should be sufficient. How's this sound. Tell the seller you have a LEO friend who will run the serial # for you. Just see what his reaction is to that idea. Then if he's cool about it just say "never mind".
Texas Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2017, 11:00   #5
jt59
Registered

FALaholic #: 21735
I was thinking about getting it for my son. He said he would rather have money. He knows he will eventually inherit my FAL.
jt59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2017, 19:33   #6
Grinch727
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 80280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Jaguar View Post
Every item I've pursued on ARMSLIST was either a scam or failed to respond to my inquiries. I'd be very wary and particularly suspect of the origin of any "too good to be true" deals. A word to the wise should be sufficient. How's this sound. Tell the seller you have a LEO friend who will run the serial # for you. Just see what his reaction is to that idea. Then if he's cool about it just say "never mind".
I had the same experience with Arms List in my area - Had a few ok deals but nothing epic....ton of BS post and flakes!
Grinch727 is offline   Reply With Quote