Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > News & Current Events

Notices

Old December 21, 2017, 21:55   #1
D P Six
Registered

FALaholic #: 15219
Showing North Korea we are serious!

https://nypost.com/2017/12/21/us-pre...n-north-korea/

'The US is preparing plans to deliver a “bloody nose” attack against North Korea to knock out its nuclear weapons program. ... One option is destroying a launch site before the rogue regime uses it for a new missile test, while another is targeting weapons stockpiles ... The Trump administration hopes that pre-emptive action would show the trigger-happy dictator that the United States is serious about stopping his bellicose pursuits and persuading him to negotiate. ....'

This must be a failed skit from Saturday Night Live because even the insane political/military/industrial meglomaniacs that run the US wouldn't seriously consider something like this. ..... Would they?
D P Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2017, 22:09   #2
wanneroo
Registered

FALaholic #: 74891
If we go to war with NK, it has to be an overwhelming rolling thunder that totally tears the military infrastructure to pieces and sends refugees running wild into China. Doing a little Tomahawk run aint gonna cut it.
wanneroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2017, 22:22   #3
Raggedwhole!
Registered

FALaholic #: 74227
Enough with the bullshit talk. The situation with N K is not getting better. It has been ignored for far too long. We keep letting fat boy test, develop and refine his nuclear program. I support any action our commander in chief wants to take. I dislike war, i dislike the financial and human cost. I weigh it against the cost of a nuke hitting our country. We have seen what a few Muzzies can do. Imagine disciplined, intelligent asians. Our country should not allow him to develop nuclear weapons. This should have been dealt with in the fifties originally. It has been allowed to get to this point. I have a friend that looks at the bullet wounds he recieved in Korea and is angry as hell every time he hears the rhetoric from North Korea. He says people don't understand what North Korea is capable of. Do not understimate them. They are our enemy. They are open about it. Time to punish them some.
Raggedwhole! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2017, 22:31   #4
D P Six
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggedwhole! View Post
..... Time to punish them some.

You have just explained why they want and will not give up their nuclear weapons.
Old December 21, 2017, 22:37   #5
Raggedwhole!
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by D P Six View Post
You have just explained why they want and will not give up their nuclear weapons.
I understand your point. They are our enemy however. It is high time to take them away.
Old December 21, 2017, 22:45   #6
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Well,

I have nothing confirmed but have been in meetings where mass casualty evac from the Korean peninsula has been discussed in the March-April time frame. Also discussed was an order for several hundred thousand chemical suits to be delivered to Korea starting in March and order complete no later than 1 May.

Draw whatever conclusions you will, but there is heavy duty planning going on for Korea.

My personnel bet is we shoot down an upcoming missile test early in its flight.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.

Last edited by Thorack; December 22, 2017 at 07:27.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2017, 22:55   #7
rowjimmy
Dinosaur
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 21662
Quote:
.... I weigh it against the cost of a nuke hitting our country....... Imagine disciplined, intelligent asians. Our country should not allow him to develop nuclear weapons. This should have been dealt with in the fifties originally. It has been allowed to get to this point....
You mean like the Chinese?
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2017, 23:02   #8
Bama Steve
Registered

FALaholic #: 1982
Just bring back the US draft for only homo's, gays, bull-dykes, lefties, feminists, democrats and X-genders and we can solve a lot of our problems very quickly with a few real troops and bombs to accompany them to do the real work required to bring peace on earth.

'Tis the season, after-all . . .

MAGA.
Old December 21, 2017, 23:03   #9
Raggedwhole!
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorack View Post

My personal bet is we shoot down an upcoming missile test early in its flight.

Thorack
This seems like the most logical course of action. I had not even though of that type of approach. It would certainly demoralize the enemy. I am getting a bit older and the only thing that really concerns me is our servicemen and thier families in S K. I think of all the artie, dug in for 50 years and the hell it would cause if NK started raining it down. Past inaction has allowed this situation to develop into what it has become.
Old December 21, 2017, 23:06   #10
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
I don't believe it. Has to be more "fake news".
Old December 21, 2017, 23:07   #11
Raggedwhole!
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowjimmy View Post
You mean like the Chinese?
China will suffer with the refugees. Our relations with China are good. They prop NK. Do you honestly think they would do more then a proxy war? It is always a test and has been.
Old December 22, 2017, 03:20   #12
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 67949
Quote:
https://nypost.com/2017/12/21/us-pre...n-north-korea/

'The US is preparing plans to deliver a “bloody nose” attack against North Korea to knock out its nuclear weapons program. ... One option is destroying a launch site before the rogue regime uses it for a new missile test, while another is targeting weapons stockpiles ... The Trump administration hopes that pre-emptive action would show the trigger-happy dictator that the United States is serious about stopping his bellicose pursuits and persuading him to negotiate. ....'

This must be a failed skit from Saturday Night Live because even the insane political/military/industrial meglomaniacs that run the US wouldn't seriously consider something like this. ..... Would they?
Yes!
Old December 22, 2017, 11:09   #13
C2A1
Registered

FALaholic #: 15514
Got a call this week, to discuss my adventures in Russia and their bio program. Wanted me to repeat what I told them ten years ago on who funded what and who went where. The discussion also included vaccine viability. Was also sent an IPL list for PACOM which I am to talk to in a meeting the first of Jan.
C2A1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2017, 11:20   #14
rowjimmy
Dinosaur
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 21662
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2A1 View Post
Got a call this week, to discuss my adventures in Russia and their bio program. Wanted me to repeat what I told them ten years ago on who funded what and who went where. The discussion also included vaccine viability. Was also sent an IPL list for PACOM which I am to talk to in a meeting the first of Jan.
I'm not sure which of your contributions I enjoy more, these or the ones to my
"election night" thread...
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2017, 11:43   #15
wanneroo
Registered

Quote:
This seems like the most logical course of action. I had not even though of that type of approach. It would certainly demoralize the enemy. I am getting a bit older and the only thing that really concerns me is our servicemen and thier families in S K. I think of all the artie, dug in for 50 years and the hell it would cause if NK started raining it down. Past inaction has allowed this situation to develop into what it has become.
I would say if we started blowing every missile out of the sky, I suspect like a lot of bullies called on their bluff, the norks wouldn't do anything, because they really have nothing else other than total armageddon of their own country. Back in the kim il sung days a few decades ago I think people there would have fought to the death, but these days people there are educated enough thanks to modern technology that they know what they are living in. If kim jong un decides to cross the DMZ, the whole of the country will unravel very fast.

Another defector bolted across the other day, about an hour later shots rang out on the NK side, probably border guards getting executed for failing to prevent it. With the border guards being the most controlled and reliable, having them begin to flee and others having to pay a price for it, can't be good for morale.

Also a lot of people didn't notice the number #2 guy in NK got fed to the wild dogs last week and so did another of the top brass there, that can't be good either.

I think the nuke weapons thing is the gamble to hold the country together but really it all started to unravel in the mid 1990s.
Old December 22, 2017, 13:27   #16
geno929
Registered

FALaholic #: 11066
This February maybe.

Pay special attention to the Olympics this year. The NK idiot will try to make some noise!
Old December 22, 2017, 16:54   #17
juanni
TROLL

FALaholic #: 2439
Quote:
China will suffer with the refugees. Our relations with China are good. They prop NK. Do you honestly think they would do more then a proxy war? It is always a test and has been.
I dunno last time most thought China wouldn't join the fight, but look how that turned out.

And that was before China had modern weapons, electronics, wealth and piles of NUKES.

.................juanni
Old December 22, 2017, 17:35   #18
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 21705
I'm just wondering why we would, at this point, try to convince North Korea that we were serious.

First, this presupposes that the Norks didn't already figure that we were serious. And secondly it requires that this being the case there exists something, some form of action which we might undertake that would cause them to change their minds on this. And on top of that it also presupposes that them changing their minds all-of-a-sudden like would somehow be of some benefit to us.

Personally I find each of these assumptions to be somewhat dubious. And to postulate that all of them are true, which is what one must do to consider that 'convincing them we were serious' is a good idea is, frankly, absurd.

On top of this is that it's not clear to me that in fact we are actually serious, or at least not serious about what some folks here seem to assume is the case. For example while this whole thing has been spun as a national defense issue it's not clear to me that we are serious at all about defending our own borders, never mind actually making common cause with our so-called 'allies' and assisting in their defense with force of arms.

A better course of action in my view would be for us to make preparations to do whatever we are going to do while telegraphing as little as we can, the whole 'confusion to our enemies' thing. And while we're doing that we might ought to put just a bit of thought into considering what our national policy goals really are, and perhaps even more importantly, what they are not.
Old December 22, 2017, 19:15   #19
D P Six
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
I'm just wondering why we would, at this point, try to convince North Korea that we were serious. ....
.... this whole thing has been spun as a national defense issue it's not clear to me that we are serious at all about defending our own borders, never mind actually making common cause with our so-called 'allies' and assisting in their defense with force of arms. ......
Having taken the side of one despot as opposed to the other in the 1950's Korean Civil War, it is very clear to the North Koreans that the US will bomb a country into near stone age conditions and not loose a minutes sleep afterwoods. I think the North Koreans take us very seriously! Could that possibly be the reason for their nuclear weapons program? Our inability (unwillingness) to defend our own borders while we are so concerned about territorial integrity on the other side of the globe is one of those irony's that make your head hurt.
Old December 22, 2017, 19:31   #20
C2A1
Registered

The question is what can we really do? First: what is driving him? As was raised what drove someone to shoot up a church or concert? He has no checks or balances, so he operates as an individual. Will knocking a missile down really impress him or send him over the edge. He just knocked off one of his senior nuclear guys. Pretty wacky.
What do we do with SK and Japan?
Even without nukes he do a lot of economic damage with the chem/Bio on hand. That's why EMP is so important because SK is one of the prime sources of replacement transformers. One of the questions asked this week is a no win for us. This is a complex mix, with many outcomes.
Who is the puppet master here? That is why the call about what left Russia. Who gains and who loses? China has problems and I think they have lost any control over him. I know they have a critical need for his coal, especially since we are in winter. If we went at it, the real winner will be Russia, even if not one thing happens here in the US.
I much rather think about "election night" posts. They make me feel better!
Old December 22, 2017, 19:36   #21
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
Test firing a ballistic missile towards Japan is all the provocation we need to shoot the next one down. After that, if he so much as farts in our direction he and his military should be put to the sword by the USAF, the Navy, the ROK and the Japanese. A million man army wasn't enough against corsairs and p80s so it should be no match against the rain of ruin that can be delivered now. I've become as anti interventionist as anyone but this is no ordinary situation.

Last edited by Impala_Guy; December 22, 2017 at 19:46.
Impala_Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 22, 2017, 19:48   #22
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala_Guy View Post
Test firing a ballistic missile towards Japan is all the provocation we need to shoot the next one down. After that, if he so much as farts in our direction he and most of his people should be put to the sword. I've become as anti interventionist as anyone but this is no ordinary situation.
Well to be honest I don't think the question is so much whether we should be interventionist or not, it's whether we should act in the best interest of our nation. And acting in the best interest of our nation is inherently neither interventionist or isolationist, it may be either depending on the situation.

The way I see things the question is really twofold, (1) are we going to continue to run this country for the benefit of the global banking interests as we have done for the last 100+ years or are we going to act for the benefit of the citizens of our nation. And (2) assuming the answer to the first question is the latter, what exactly are they?

I'd be all for a pre-emptive attack if it's determined that rocket man's continued existence presents an existential threat to us. And for all I know it might be so, and if it is I'm for it and we ought to do it tonight without further ado. But I am utterly confident that to start something we aren't ready to take all the way will probably result in the worst of all possible outcomes.
Old December 22, 2017, 21:59   #23
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Sometimes, looking back at history is a good thing, in that in this discussion, North Korea has been an asshole for a very long time, as in, what is happening today is nothing new for the North.

The North has been a very bad actor for decades.

Yesterday, they could threaten South Korea and Japan and we took limited actions to deter that problem.

Tomorrow, they can actually threaten the USA.
So what do we do, wait until we loose LA, Seattle, Portland, the USA electrical grid?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-15278612

As for his motives, who cares?

When a man says he intends to murder you and yours, believe him.

What his motives are, are they at all important?
Old December 22, 2017, 22:18   #24
wanneroo
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanni View Post
I dunno last time most thought China wouldn't join the fight, but look how that turned out.

And that was before China had modern weapons, electronics, wealth and piles of NUKES.

.................juanni
At the time it was an agrarian commie society, now it's a mercantile crony society dependent on the USA and others for it's cash. Totally different time and space. In the end if they want to relive 1951, their economy implodes and the billionaires will not be happy.

We held talks with China a few weeks ago in Washington. I believe the Trump admin is going to work a deal that will eliminate the fat one and parse it up so everyone wins.
Old December 23, 2017, 05:49   #25
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhand View Post

What his motives are, are they at all important?
At the end of the day his motives matter not a whit. Except maybe to liberals and other mushheads who are concerned with intentions rather than outcomes. The only value that assessing motivations ever brings to the table is to assist in predicting what someone might do, that is in calculating the odds of whether he really is dangerous or not.

But even that is made moot by your other observation, 'when someone says he's going to kill you believe him'. Yep, we're past the guessing game at this point. The only question on the table now is what are we gonna do about it.

Decision time fellers. Right now we still have a choice, a chance (small as it is) of controlling the course of events. Soon we may not have even that.
Old December 23, 2017, 10:34   #26
357ross
Registered

FALaholic #: 47543
This whole thing comes down to China and how willing China is about the prospect of war or losing Wal-Mart. The norks exist only because of China and have proven a great place for a proxy war with the west, but I don't think they are willing to risk their homeland over north Korea. I'd be willing to bet a hit team slips in and quietly takes care of the problem if war seems likely.
357ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2017, 11:25   #27
D P Six
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357ross View Post
..... I don't think they (China) are willing to risk their homeland over north Korea.
North Korea's value to China is to act as a buffer between them and the US and our South Korean toady. It seems very difficult for American's to understand that other nations take their homeland security very seriously. Probably why the Russians are so pissed when NATO, despite US assurances, was expanded to their doorsteps. In any case the games of chicken on the Korean peninsular and along the Russian border could result in the end of life as we know it event.
Old December 23, 2017, 11:55   #28
C2A1
Registered

I think this is reasonably accurate:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...s-trump-215555
If this is what he believes and should we step outside these parameters, what then? He has us where he wants us. China has internal issues at this moment that come into play also.
Old December 23, 2017, 14:33   #29
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
North Korea's value to China is to act as a buffer between them and the US and our South Korean toady. It seems very difficult for American's to understand that other nations take their homeland security very seriously. Probably why the Russians are so pissed when NATO, despite US assurances, was expanded to their doorsteps. In any case the games of chicken on the Korean peninsular and along the Russian border could result in the end of life as we know it event.
DP, though I fully agree with you, avoid war if at all possible, sometimes one just can't do that.

Going out on a long ass limb, my prediction/opinion on this is that China moves into the north of North Korea, South Korea moves in from the south, they destroy North Korea's military threat, as we know it today, with the USA doing our technical precision thing from the air, some limited hits on the ground, to fully remove the threat of the North's nuke program.

China does not want 20 million starving Norks running across their borders, moving into the North they can limit the fleeing Koreans, the South Koreans want this issue solved once and for all, and the USA wants the threat of nukes gone.

South Korea takes over most of the country, China gets a good wide buffer zone up north, and no more threats to the USA and business goes on as before.

China and Trump have been talking a LOT, can't believe its all about Walmart.

The USA ponies up several billions in loan guarantees to stabilize the former North, China makes a ton of money from supplying building materials, people to rebuild the place, most of Korea is reunified, and talks can be had when it all goes back to just being Korea.

China has huge internal problems, they need work, markets, money for a large population, and war does not fit any of those needs with the USA. Shut down the USA markets to Chinese goods and China might just fall???

Work together, solve all the universal problems with the north and everyone wins, except fat boy and a bunch of generals.
Old December 23, 2017, 14:38   #30
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
Quote:
I'm just wondering why we would, at this point, try to convince North Korea that we were serious.

First, this presupposes that the Norks didn't already figure that we were serious. And secondly it requires that this being the case there exists something, some form of action which we might undertake that would cause them to change their minds on this. And on top of that it also presupposes that them changing their minds all-of-a-sudden like would somehow be of some benefit to us.

Personally I find each of these assumptions to be somewhat dubious. And to postulate that all of them are true, which is what one must do to consider that 'convincing them we were serious' is a good idea is, frankly, absurd.

On top of this is that it's not clear to me that in fact we are actually serious, or at least not serious about what some folks here seem to assume is the case. For example while this whole thing has been spun as a national defense issue it's not clear to me that we are serious at all about defending our own borders, never mind actually making common cause with our so-called 'allies' and assisting in their defense with force of arms.

A better course of action in my view would be for us to make preparations to do whatever we are going to do while telegraphing as little as we can, the whole 'confusion to our enemies' thing. And while we're doing that we might ought to put just a bit of thought into considering what our national policy goals really are, and perhaps even more importantly, what they are not.
I really don't have the answer but I believe the last hand delivered message sent to the fat boy might have made the point. Sent by Trump in words only he could use.

Here is a copy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thewalkingd...hitting_pants/
Old December 23, 2017, 17:06   #31
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
China has huge internal problems, they need work, markets, money for a large population, and war does not fit any of those needs with the USA. Shut down the USA markets to Chinese goods and China might just fall???
I am not sure the world's largest economy, largest manufacturer, 2nd largest creditor really needs the world's largest debtor and our magic printing press.

Shut down China's imports and hardly anything in the US would work w/o spare parts in a month.

.................juanni
Old December 23, 2017, 17:33   #32
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I am not sure the world's largest economy, largest manufacturer, 2nd largest creditor really needs the world's largest debtor and our magic printing press.

Shut down China's imports and hardly anything in the US would work w/o spare parts in a month.

.................juanni
I said I was going out on a limb!

China has a lot of internal problems, they are not the giant some make them out to be.

Shut down China's imports and put our folks back to work might be a good thing.

Or, maybe do without for a while and pay off our debt????
Old December 23, 2017, 20:17   #33
C2A1
Registered

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/23...us-troops.html
Old December 27, 2017, 12:58   #34
C2A1
Registered

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12...port-says.html
Old December 27, 2017, 14:39   #35
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

There were reports out a while back, that the norks had old soviet era bi wing propeller driven crop dusters that they planned to load up and fly to the south with at tree top level with chemical and biological agents.

The concern was, that all the high tech defense stuff could not shoot them down, too small, to slow, not enough heat signature to lock on, jets too fast to handle them, etc.

After these past few defections of their soldiers, hell, just load one of them up with something highly infectious, dangerous, and deadly, then send him across the border to be welcomed in open arms.

Not like people ain't using suicide bombers around the world already, just send along one infected with something and sit back.

Sometimes simple and cheap is far better than expensive and complex.

Killing humans is easy, any dimwit can do that, living in peace is damn hard.
Old December 28, 2017, 01:05   #36
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Teh Chinese don't want political change in N. Korea and don't want a big war right next to them, and beyond that I don't think they care.

There's supposed to be all these sanction. Satellites took pictures of Chinese ships transferring oil to N. Korean ships. When the US said something, China was like, "What. Whatever." Can't do anything about it.
Old December 28, 2017, 01:55   #37
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
The defecting NKorean soldiers, at least one of them, has Antrax anitbodies, meaning either exposure to a weaponized biological agent, or it is rampant in NKorea.

He may have been sent south as a Typhoid Mary.
THAT is use of WMD's...........

It is all over but the bombing.

When will it start?
IMHO.............Don't plan on the Olympics happening............too much risk for exposure to bio agents.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 06:43   #38
martin35
un viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
Teh Chinese don't want political change in N. Korea and don't want a big war right next to them, and beyond that I don't think they care.

There's supposed to be all these sanction. Satellites took pictures of Chinese ships transferring oil to N. Korean ships. When the US said something, China was like, "What. Whatever." Can't do anything about it.
Sanctions on China will affect our economy here in the US also because so many products sold here are made there,,, those sanctions should be done immediately in my opinion,,, the opposing forces across from my position's in Korea were held by Chinese Communists not North Koreans,,, it's still the same in practice today in my opinion.
Bombarding N. Korea with millions of Big Mac's wrapped in notes saying "if you people off the little fat bastard we will trade you a MacDonalds franchise with fries for your nuclear reactor and a dead L'il Kim".
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 13:43   #39
juanni
TROLL

Quote:

It is to China's benefit that the US makes a fool of itself politically, economically and militarily over NK. Just more self inflicted cuts.

So they don't mind Lumpy, his antics or our idiotic responses one bit.

.................juanni
Old December 28, 2017, 14:09   #40
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
It is to China's benefit that the US makes a fool of itself politically, economically and militarily over NK. Just more self inflicted cuts.

So they don't mind Lumpy, his antics or our idiotic responses one bit.

.................juanni
J, just curious, do you have any concerns about the Norks selling nuclear materials/devices to jihadist for use on us here?

Which to many is of great concern.

And how would you prevent that transfer to jihadist, if you were in power and control to do so?

What would be your solution to this one issue.
Old December 28, 2017, 14:48   #41
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
J, just curious, do you have any concerns about the Norks selling nuclear materials/devices to jihadist for use on us here?

Which to many is of great concern.

And how would you prevent that transfer to jihadist, if you were in power and control to do so?

What would be your solution to this one issue.
Not really.
Once nukes start being lit off by anybody I think the end of the planet would come pretty quick.

All claims otherwise Lumpy isn't nuts (selling a nuke to terrorists) and wants to live another day not destroy the planet and himself.
On the other hand he isn't going to be ousted or killed w/o taking as much of SK as he can with him. And the US too if he could.
Sort of a mini Sampson Option,,,, you can understand that.

....................juanni
Old December 28, 2017, 15:25   #42
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Not really.
Once nukes start being lit off by anybody I think the end of the planet would come pretty quick.
Well that's where you're wrong. Any idiot with the right tools can kill 80% of something. Hard to wipe it out. Really hard, in fact.
Old December 28, 2017, 16:54   #43
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
Any idiot with the right tools can kill 80% of something. Hard to wipe it out. Really hard, in fact.
Correct, if an idiot could kill 80% what do you think the most powerfully armed countries could kill?
90%?
98%?
99.9%???

Sure there would be a few remote mutant survivors, but who would want to be one?

...............juanni
Old December 28, 2017, 17:21   #44
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Bugs get squashed.

N Korea's relations with Cuba and Iran are most concerning, as is the WMD the bastard has.

Lindsay Vonn says she needs more medals and is THE QUEEN of the Olympics.
Her concerns are being discussed in the Pentagon, as we speak.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 17:37   #45
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
If China and N Korea like missiles and rockets and WMDs, I might look the other way if Taiwan wants to restart their stuff. I might, I don't know. The US stopped them in the past. Not sure what's going on with that now.
Old December 28, 2017, 17:53   #46
juanni
TROLL

Quote:
If China and N Korea like missiles and rockets and WMDs, I might look the other way if Taiwan wants to restart their stuff. I might, I don't know. The US stopped them in the past. Not sure what's going on with that now.
I dunno, maybe Taiwan has come to accept they are going back to China.

.................juanni
Old December 28, 2017, 18:46   #47
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Not really.

All claims otherwise Lumpy isn't nuts (selling a nuke to terrorists) and wants to live another day not destroy the planet and himself.
On the other hand he isn't going to be ousted or killed w/o taking as much of SK as he can with him. And the US too if he could.
Sort of a mini Sampson Option,,,, you can understand that.

You are aware, that well over 2000 nuclear weapons have been "lit off" on the planet, in the planet, and above the planet, correct????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_testing

And we're all still here, except for a couple of moderate size Japanese cities.

How do you know that "Lumpy" ain't bat shit crazy?

He is a known murderer, a known serial killer, and has concentration camps where he authorizes the murder of his own citizens, constantly threatens his neighbors with death and destruction, says death to America daily, make claims he is a living G-D, etc.

With all that, just what does it take for you to see him as "nuts"?

Hell, what exactly do you consider normal, if this fat fug ain't nuts?
Never mind, your answer would scare everyone.

As for selling nuke stuff, I seem to remember a nuclear site inside Syria that the Izzy's took out a while back, and the manuals and such, as well as the people building the place, training the Syrians, were ALL Norks.

And lastly, where did you gain your advanced military training and experienced to know what the Norks can and cannot do to the south, or anyone else, how many intelligence daily briefs have you ever had, and when was the last time you worked at the CIA, NSA, DOD, oh that's right, the answer to all that is none, zip, nada, ain't been there and done any of that.

When was the last time you were even in mopp level four gear, hell, do ya even know what mopp level 1,2,3, and 4 stands for????

As in, where did you gain your advanced knowledge in chemical warfare, biological warfare, nuclear war???

Tha internet????

We all know everything is on that net, and its all true, right J???

And oh hell yes on the Sampson protocols to prevent another shoah, pay back is a bitch.
Old December 28, 2017, 19:02   #48
yellowhand
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

Quote:
I dunno, maybe Taiwan has come to accept they are going back to China.

.................juanni

If that was the case, don't suspect they would be ranked 18 for armed forces, that's world wide there amigo.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/coun...ntry_id=taiwan

And its just a damned guess, but them "other" China folks are danged cleaver and it would not surprise me in the least if they had a few nukes of their very own.

You ever been to Taiwan?

That place would need to be reduced to powder to knock them folks out for the count by anyone, including main land China.

Mainland China would have taken over Taiwan decades ago if they could, which they can't, which is why it ain't been done.

Little strips of ocean, or a channel, means ya got to get your shit over to where ya fighting, and also take the hits incoming to your people, with missiles, and fighter bombers, then get by the subs and surface ships sinking your shit, and all this is BEFORE you even get one of your soldiers on the battlefield.

And then there is the wild card, damn, you really think the USA would stand by and allow Taiwan to fall?
How many countries in that region have signed defense pacts with Taiwan???
Old December 28, 2017, 19:10   #49
Trypcil
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 63101
Those that live in Glass Houses, shouldn't throw stones!

Meh! NK missiles are defensive against our threats - Dick D'Arth Cheney was part of it! http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/4...missile-crisis

I don't think 'We' should be going around telling other nations what to do - but to simply have the 'Big Stick', available - if they do stupid stuff! If they were just left alone, we wouldn't be in this stupid position!
Trypcil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2017, 19:16   #50
bubbagump
Stand-Up Philosopher
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Correct, if an idiot could kill 80% what do you think the most powerfully armed countries could kill?
90%?
98%?
99.9%???

Sure there would be a few remote mutant survivors, but who would want to be one?

...............juanni
Since you asked, I'll go with 98%. That means more than 120 million survive. Works for me, I don't like most people very much anyway. Better off without 'em. And nobody's talking about the most powerful countries so this figure is almost certainly over-optimistic.

You ARE aware that firing off a nuke, even in combat doesn't necessarily bring the end of the world, even in the immediate vicinity? You heard about the nuclear recoilless rifle, for example? Or the nuclear land mines? Yep, all real. All tested. Army was at one time looking at a nuclear hand grenade, they were probably pushing the edge a bit with that one. But all this stuff was tested, often in front of vips and much of it was actually deployed.

And it must be said it kept the peace for over 50 years more or less.