The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Old December 14, 2017, 13:30   #1
KoKodog
Registered

FALaholic #: 31665
Are You tired of your city/school scrooging you ?

You can stop them

Liberty Counsel can help you

you can have a nativity scene or Christmas Pageant or sing Christmas Carols

you can find out which big retailers are on the naughty or nice list on their web page

https://www.lc.org
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2017, 18:16   #2
tk421
Registered

FALaholic #: 7857
Why do I have the feeling that you'd object to a muslim holiday scene, Or children learning the true, Norse roots of the holiday called Christmas?
Old December 14, 2017, 19:00   #3
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk421 View Post
Why do I have the feeling that you'd object to a muslim holiday scene, Or children learning the true, Norse roots of the holiday called Christmas?
actually the 3 kings were believed to be Muslim in a nativity

the December 25th date for Christmas is really a arbitrary date in the truest sense

it really is a comprise of many sources, especially when you consider conditions described really dictate spring time

the real issue is assholes bastardizing the first amendment and twisting the true intent of our founding fathers

also remember that many different sources in history account for a great flood, no one source is alone
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old December 14, 2017, 19:07   #4
tk421
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKodog View Post

the real issue is assholes bastardizing the first amendment and twisting the true intent of our founding fathers

You're right.

*NO* religious scenes, text, or imagery should be on display in public, regardless of the religion in question. Nor should they be allowed to disturb the peace with calls to prayer, singing, or other noise that spills out from their places of worship.

The thing is, the only time that bastardization of the first amendment became an issue is when christians were the target. As long as it was everyone else being targeted, it was OK.
Old December 14, 2017, 19:14   #5
Tuhlmann
THAT guy
Contributor

FALaholic #: 69411
WTF is has happened with Montana?

I’m saying: Think about your contribution to society. Be careful when you get into a business that extracts value. Broaden your idea about what’s enough. And for God’s sake, think about who you are.” - J. Bogle
Tuhlmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2017, 19:24   #6
tk421
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuhlmann View Post
It doesn't basically require someone to be a christian, unlike the midwest? We tend to just leave people alone, even if they aren't christian?
Old December 14, 2017, 20:07   #7
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
Quote:
I'm pretty sure the Magi were not aloha snackbars since that didn't start for another 700 years
Old December 14, 2017, 20:41   #8
pistolero1911
Registered

FALaholic #: 75616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala_Guy View Post
I'm pretty sure the Magi were not aloha snackbars since that didn't start for another 700 years
+1 on the timeline / history lesson.

"Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!" - Brother Bluto, Delta House
Old December 14, 2017, 21:20   #9
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuhlmann View Post
he is trying to tell you in his own "special" way that he is one of the assholes bastardizing the first amendment and twisting the true intent of our founding fathers

he can't help it, just accept it
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old December 14, 2017, 21:21   #10
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala_Guy View Post
ok, they were pre-snackbar
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old December 14, 2017, 21:34   #11
tk421
Registered

Quote:
he is trying to tell you in his own "special" way that he is one of the assholes bastardizing the first amendment and twisting the true intent of our founding fathers

he can't help it, just accept it
Really? I'm the one that says that non-christians aren't wanted? I'm the one that says that one religion's symbols belong in public, but others don't?

Huh...no, wait, those are what christians say.

If you support the 1st Amendment, then you support ALL religions being displayed equally. Whether that means they ALL get their holiday displays on public property, or NONE of them do.

Put your bible down for a minute and use some logic, if you still can.
Old December 14, 2017, 22:12   #12
rowjimmy
Dinosaur
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 21662
Quote:

the December 25th date for Christmas is really a arbitrary date in the truest sense

No, they were thought to be Persian, and Zoroastrian in belief.
rowjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2017, 00:09   #13
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
Really? I'm the one that says that non-christians aren't wanted? I'm the one that says that one religion's symbols belong in public, but others don't?

If you support the 1st Amendment, then you support ALL religions being displayed equally. Whether that means they ALL get their holiday displays on public property, or NONE of them do.

here is clarification from a founding father, Thomas Jefferson

take note that there is no exception for you or anyone else to not be offended, tough shit

also note that only two religions were present here in the US when the Republic was formed; the most popular, Christianity and and the Hebrew faith, Islam was not part of our founding and is not a religion but merely a political ideology

and for the record I do not carry a bible, I have been told I am a poor example of a christian

Quote:
Messrs. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, and Stephen s. Nelson
A Committee of the Danbury Baptist Association, in the State of Connecticut.

Washington, January 1, 1802

Gentlemen,

–The affectionate sentiment of esteem and approbation which you
are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist Association, give me the highest satisfaction. My duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, and in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man
and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship,
that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions,
I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people
which declared that their legislature would “make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,” thus building a wall of separation between Church and State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall
see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend
to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right
in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessing of the common
Father and Creator of man, and tender you for yourselves and your religious
association, assurances of my high respect and esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old December 15, 2017, 07:00   #14
tk421
Registered

Quote:
here is clarification from a founding father, Thomas Jefferson

take note that there is no exception for you or anyone else to not be offended, tough shit

also note that only two religions were present here in the US when the Republic was formed; the most popular, Christianity and and the Hebrew faith, Islam was not part of our founding and is not a religion but merely a political ideology

and for the record I do not carry a bible, I have been told I am a poor example of a christian
I don't see anything in there that says that there must be christian holiday displays on public property, or that children in public schools must do christmas plays, concerts, etc.

That bit about "religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God" could be taken to mean something like churches are unnecessary and shouldn't be built, or that religion shouldn't leak out into daily life where everyone else has to witness it.

I'm rather "Live and let live", "If it doesn't hurt me it's none of my business", that kind of thing, right up until christians start whining about getting the same treatment they've been dishing out to everyone else for a few hundred years. They destroyed cultures, eradicated tribes of people, completely wiped out the beliefs of entire continents....did they really, truly think that it wouldn't ever come back around on them? I'll bet they cheer when islam gets dealt some kind of setback somewhere, though.
Old December 15, 2017, 09:33   #15
Timber Wolf
Registered

FALaholic #: 805
Quote:
Truth be told, many of us are (poor examples).

"Guns don't kill people. Daddys with good looking daughters do!"
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2017, 10:34   #16
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
I don't see anything in there that says that there must be christian holiday displays on public property, or that children in public schools must do christmas plays, concerts, etc.
and at the same time there is nothing prohibiting it either, again you are try to twist the original intent

and the original intent of our founding fathers was to keep gov’t out of religion, not religion out of gov’t, England was the prime example of letting gov’t (the crown) control religion and the horrors that come with it

nearly everything the founders put to pen and made law has its origins in the bible as a guide to making a better life and republic for all

Quote:
That bit about "religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God" could be taken to mean something like churches are unnecessary and shouldn't be built, or that religion shouldn't leak out into daily life where everyone else has to witness it.
your type cannot understand the truth, here is a prime example of your blindness ……

the peace cross of Bladensburg

originally funded by mothers of WWI dead, and erected by the VFW on private property, the gov’t took the land by eminent domain law to widen the highway, it was on private property, but because some people wanted to drive at highway speed thru to where they are going the gov’t in its all-knowing-wisdom took the land creating the current problem that people just like you cannot open your eyes to see the truth

http://dailysignal.com/2017/10/25/mi...cross-removed/

Quote:
I'm rather "Live and let live", "If it doesn't hurt me it's none of my business", that kind of thing, right up until christians start whining about getting the same treatment they've been dishing out to everyone else for a few hundred years. They destroyed cultures, eradicated tribes of people, completely wiped out the beliefs of entire continents....did they really, truly think that it wouldn't ever come back around on them? I'll bet they cheer when islam gets dealt some kind of setback somewhere, though.
so you want to see payback huh ?

be careful what you wish for, because if Christians and people of other select religions decide to hand out payback …….. you can bank on snackbars being eradicated from the face of the earth and much collateral damage will come with the wrath

Israel allows the snackbars to exist within its borders, and most of the snackbars surrounding Israel constantly call for the complete destruction of Israel, but make no mistake …….. if they all try to destroy Israel you will see everything around Israel turned to black smoking glass
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old December 15, 2017, 10:36   #17
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
Truth be told, many of us are (poor examples).
well then I can only surmise I am in good company
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old December 15, 2017, 18:23   #18
martin35
un viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Some cultures can only thrive with or because of a religious ethic,,, Western civilization thrived with Judeo Christian admonitions and ethics,,, Western civilization has seen several periods Renaissance or intellectual awakenings,,, other civilizations have not,,, some religions promote ethics that are violations and contradict established cultural ethics and norms with violence, that ain't good or very smart,,, the Constitution does not state I cannot shun such a religious belief,,, as I emphatically do Islam and as Islam does me,,, we are as vipers one to the other.
As has been said the US Constitution is not a suicide pact in any rational mind,,, only in the mind of those who would do away with it and demand we kiss the viper,,, can you say Obama.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16, 2017, 00:53   #19
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Quote:

islam is not a religion, and hence not subject to any 1st Amendment protections. It's a political ideology based on using violence to spread it's oppression across the world.

The 1st Amendment has nothing to do with religious displays. All it really governs are two things:

Government Establishment of Religion

Free Exercise thereof (religion)

Anything beyond that is unconstitutional load of crap made up by activist judges.

When Minneapolis is taken over 51% muslim majority, which is coming soon, then they are free to put up a muslim holiday scene of gays being thrown off buildings, women stoned for being rape victims, and detractors of mohammad being decapitated.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16, 2017, 00:56   #20
Tak
Registered

FALaholic #: 27291
Quote:

Forgive us if we shed no tears at Christians wiping out the beliefs and cultures of people in south and central America which included rampant slavery and human sacrifice.

Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16, 2017, 09:24   #21
KoKodog
Registered

don't get me wrong, I know the Catholic church has committed atrocities and tried to hide them, even hiding WWII war criminals and smuggling them to South America, shuffling pedophiles from one church to another to hide them .... we do not have to look back hundreds of years to see issues

but most of your average Christians are good decent people that are responsible and make responsible good decent choices everyday, and yes they even obey the law and do not call for the death of everyone around them
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old December 16, 2017, 14:15   #22
tk421
Registered

Quote:
and at the same time there is nothing prohibiting it either, again you are try to twist the original intent

and the original intent of our founding fathers was to keep gov’t out of religion, not religion out of gov’t, England was the prime example of letting gov’t (the crown) control religion and the horrors that come with it

nearly everything the founders put to pen and made law has its origins in the bible as a guide to making a better life and republic for all

your type cannot understand the truth, here is a prime example of your blindness ……
My 'type'? Is this in the same vein as 'you people'? If you're going to hate everyone that isn't like you, at least be honest about it. I'll tell you outright that I don't care for ghetto-ass blacks or hispanics until they show me that they're decent people. I don't like or trust muslims until they show me that they're decent people. I've learned the hard way not to trust ANY woman, ever, and I use them for whatever I want and then move on. I don't like christians who think that their belief should somehow dictate MY behavior, or really ANYTHING about *MY* life. If they keep their shit to themselves, we'll get along fine. I don't like feminazis at all, and won't interact with them, period, full stop, end of. I can't stand hipsters, guys that wear girl pants, or any of those other limp-wristed filth (this doesn't include gays. As long as they don't try to touch me in a sexual way, I have no issues with them).

So if you want to hate non-christians, that's fine, but be honest about it. You're not going to hurt my Feelz, because I don't have any. They've long since been beaten out of me.

Quote:
the peace cross of Bladensburg

originally funded by mothers of WWI dead, and erected by the VFW on private property, the gov’t took the land by eminent domain law to widen the highway, it was on private property, but because some people wanted to drive at highway speed thru to where they are going the gov’t in its all-knowing-wisdom took the land creating the current problem that people just like you cannot open your eyes to see the truth

http://dailysignal.com/2017/10/25/mi...cross-removed/
*shrug* I have no strong feelz one way or the other. I used to see Big Butter Jesus when heading to Kentucky or the Cincinnati zoo, it didn't offend me. I just sang the "Big Butter Jesus" song and got on with my day. Some people obviously have a different view on that.

Quote:
so you want to see payback huh ?
I guess you had room for reading comprehension OR hate for non-christians, and you chose the latter.

Is it my own fault for asking a rhetorical question? Maybe? Let's see, what did I write....

Quote:
did they really, truly think that it wouldn't ever come back around on them?
Let's use your own christian history as an example here. Rome fed them to lions, enslaved them, etc. As soon as they got a chance, they paid Rome back.

So now, they've been doing all this bad stuff to people for centuries, and their power starts to fade...what would make them think for a minute that they wouldn't get back some of what they've been dishing out?

Do I want payback? I really don't care one way or the other. Watching others pay their debt to christians is entertaining, and I love the taste of schadenfreude, but I personally don't care one way or the other, as long as they leave *me* alone.

Quote:
be careful what you wish for, because if Christians and people of other select religions decide to hand out payback …….. you can bank on snackbars being eradicated from the face of the earth and much collateral damage will come with the wrath
Except if they were going to do that, they'd have done it already.

Christians had their moment in the sun. They got powerful, they went from being the oppressed to the oppressors, and then they sat back and got fat, lazy, and weak. And now, their weakness is plain to see and everyone that wants a piece is on the attack. And christianity has been receding and being replaced for decades.

Everything is cyclical.

Quote:
Israel allows the snackbars to exist within its borders, and most of the snackbars surrounding Israel constantly call for the complete destruction of Israel, but make no mistake …….. if they all try to destroy Israel you will see everything around Israel turned to black smoking glass
And Israel will be gone, and islam will live on. Maybe not in Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Iraq, etc, but it will continue. And what will have been accomplished? Besides tens or hundreds of millions of deaths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Forgive us if we shed no tears at Christians wiping out the beliefs and cultures of people in south and central America which included rampant slavery and human sacrifice.

I actually was referring to the native people of Europe. The Romans, Greeks, Goths, Vandals, Franks, Celts, Saxons, Norse, Gauls, etc. But your example works too. Those that didn't participate in sacrifice and slavery were wiped out just the same as those that did.

Quote:
islam is not a religion, and hence not subject to any 1st Amendment protections. It's a political ideology based on using violence to spread it's oppression across the world.

The 1st Amendment has nothing to do with religious displays. All it really governs are two things:

Anything beyond that is unconstitutional load of crap made up by activist judges.

When Minneapolis is taken over 51% muslim majority, which is coming soon, then they are free to put up a muslim holiday scene of gays being thrown off buildings, women stoned for being rape victims, and detractors of mohammad being decapitated.
You're partially right. *Radical* Islam isn't JUST a religion, it's a complete way of life. Political, spiritual, legal, etc.

What I'm curious about is how you christians manage to square a circle enough to believe that murderous christians don't represent all of you, but murderous muslims represent ALL muslims.

How many of you have a muslim friend? Probably none. I do. He's one of the finest men I've ever known. We have a great deal of respect for each other, and if I needed something I have absolutely zero doubt that he would do whatever he could to help me out. And I would do the same for him. He doesn't want to kill non-muslims. He doesn't even really talk about his beliefs. I only learned that he was a muslim because of a post he made on Fakebook, and him not eating during the day during Ramadan.

There's plenty of dirt on christianity, too. Torture and murder of 'heretics'. Rape, torture, and murder of 'heathens'. Genocide. Eradication of cultures. The only reason they stopped was because they felt comfortable in their control of the West. It just wasn't necessary any more. But lest you think these are example from 500 years ago, it was less than a century ago that the Indian Wars ended. The christian majority was still committing genocide against non-christians because a) they wanted their land, b) they wanted control, and c) they weren't christians anyway, so who cares?

Kinda the same thing that radical muslims are doing in majority-muslim countries.
Old December 16, 2017, 15:12   #23
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
My 'type'? Is this in the same vein as 'you people'? If you're going to hate everyone that isn't like you, at least be honest about it. I'll tell you outright that I don't care for ghetto-ass blacks or hispanics until they show me that they're decent people. I don't like or trust muslims until they show me that they're decent people. I've learned the hard way not to trust ANY woman, ever, and I use them for whatever I want and then move on. I don't like christians who think that their belief should somehow dictate MY behavior, or really ANYTHING about *MY* life. If they keep their shit to themselves, we'll get along fine. I don't like feminazis at all, and won't interact with them, period, full stop, end of. I can't stand hipsters, guys that wear girl pants, or any of those other limp-wristed filth (this doesn't include gays. As long as they don't try to touch me in a sexual way, I have no issues with them).

So if you want to hate non-christians, that's fine, but be honest about it. You're not going to hurt my Feelz, because I don't have any. They've long since been beaten out of me.

*shrug* I have no strong feelz one way or the other. I used to see Big Butter Jesus when heading to Kentucky or the Cincinnati zoo, it didn't offend me. I just sang the "Big Butter Jesus" song and got on with my day. Some people obviously have a different view on that.

I guess you had room for reading comprehension OR hate for non-christians, and you chose the latter.

Is it my own fault for asking a rhetorical question? Maybe? Let's see, what did I write....

Let's use your own christian history as an example here. Rome fed them to lions, enslaved them, etc. As soon as they got a chance, they paid Rome back.

So now, they've been doing all this bad stuff to people for centuries, and their power starts to fade...what would make them think for a minute that they wouldn't get back some of what they've been dishing out?

Do I want payback? I really don't care one way or the other. Watching others pay their debt to christians is entertaining, and I love the taste of schadenfreude, but I personally don't care one way or the other, as long as they leave *me* alone.

Except if they were going to do that, they'd have done it already.

Christians had their moment in the sun. They got powerful, they went from being the oppressed to the oppressors, and then they sat back and got fat, lazy, and weak. And now, their weakness is plain to see and everyone that wants a piece is on the attack. And christianity has been receding and being replaced for decades.

Everything is cyclical.

And Israel will be gone, and islam will live on. Maybe not in Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Iraq, etc, but it will continue. And what will have been accomplished? Besides tens or hundreds of millions of deaths?

I actually was referring to the native people of Europe. The Romans, Greeks, Goths, Vandals, Franks, Celts, Saxons, Norse, Gauls, etc. But your example works too. Those that didn't participate in sacrifice and slavery were wiped out just the same as those that did.

You're partially right. *Radical* Islam isn't JUST a religion, it's a complete way of life. Political, spiritual, legal, etc.

What I'm curious about is how you christians manage to square a circle enough to believe that murderous christians don't represent all of you, but murderous muslims represent ALL muslims.

How many of you have a muslim friend? Probably none. I do. He's one of the finest men I've ever known. We have a great deal of respect for each other, and if I needed something I have absolutely zero doubt that he would do whatever he could to help me out. And I would do the same for him. He doesn't want to kill non-muslims. He doesn't even really talk about his beliefs. I only learned that he was a muslim because of a post he made on Fakebook, and him not eating during the day during Ramadan.

There's plenty of dirt on christianity, too. Torture and murder of 'heretics'. Rape, torture, and murder of 'heathens'. Genocide. Eradication of cultures. The only reason they stopped was because they felt comfortable in their control of the West. It just wasn't necessary any more. But lest you think these are example from 500 years ago, it was less than a century ago that the Indian Wars ended. The christian majority was still committing genocide against non-christians because a) they wanted their land, b) they wanted control, and c) they weren't christians anyway, so who cares?

Kinda the same thing that radical muslims are doing in majority-muslim countries.

so in short, as long as you get your way every time ....... screw everyone else

sounds typically muslim
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old December 16, 2017, 16:23   #24
tdb59
Does this smell funny ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
No displays on Government controlled property ?

Fine.

Then no paid time off, overtime pay, vacations, PTO, or office closures of ANY Government facility during Christmas, New Year's day, Easter, Memorial Day, or Birthday Observance of any political figure.

Independence Day, and Veteran's day.........maybe.

You want bread, you get crust as well.

Wanna get pancakes ?

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2017, 09:56   #25
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Quote:

The first amendment is certainly one of the most important to the left and the right.

It also says the government can't :

Stop you from assembling a large group and protesting.
Stop you from suing it for perceived wrongs committed by it.
Stop you from saying things that it disagrees with.
Stop the press from printing opinion.....

But that it can charge fees and court costs for the privilege of exercising those
Rights.....ijs.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness are all guaranteed by the Constitution.

Like it or not the protestations of non christians with regard to religious displays in public government spaces is going to be a bone of contention for ever. Some still seem to believe Thomas Jefferson to be a classical orthodox Christian
when in reality he identified with the Unitarians and Deists which don't believe Christ to be the son of god......I'd be reasonably certain that he detested being forced to be a member of the Anglican Church. There is also the role of the
Freemasons that shaped a lot of what the founding fathers believed.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2017, 12:04   #26
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
The first amendment is certainly one of the most important to the left and the right.

It also says the government can't :

Stop you from assembling a large group and protesting.
Stop you from suing it for perceived wrongs committed by it.
Stop you from saying things that it disagrees with.
Stop the press from printing opinion.....

But that it can charge fees and court costs for the privilege of exercising those
Rights.....ijs.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness are all guaranteed by the Constitution.

Like it or not the protestations of non christians with regard to religious displays in public government spaces is going to be a bone of contention for ever. Some still seem to believe Thomas Jefferson to be a classical orthodox Christian
when in reality he identified with the Unitarians and Deists which don't believe Christ to be the son of god......I'd be reasonably certain that he detested being forced to be a member of the Anglican Church.There is also the role of the
Freemasons that shaped a lot of what the founding fathers believed.
you are suffering from the left-kook-aid stop hitting the pitcher of that crap it will melt your brain

all you have to do to see the truth is read his writings, his writings, not some stupid shit some idiot has claimed in the last 100 years that does not reference original source

you see, if you do not reference original source everything is total bullshit, and total bullshit is what nearly everyone talking shit about Jefferson is spewing

Jefferson had bibles made for the Indians with just the teachings of Jesus in order to prevent confusion for them, he understood how the old testament would make it difficult for them to understand

Jefferson did have issues w/ the state of Virginia backing the church

and yes the Freemasons had a large part in guiding the formation of the Republic
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old December 17, 2017, 12:35   #27
Whydah
Registered

FALaholic #: 74237
Quote:

Christians never said anything regarding displays of other religions, and nowhere in the Constitution or BORs is "fairness" listed. The First Amendment clearly states that Congress shall pass no law establishing a religion". That should be easy enough to understand. Congress has not passed ANY law contraindicated by that First Amendment. Unfortunately, some people like to ignore the part about the "free exercise thereof".
Whydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2017, 13:05   #28
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

You need to careful for what you wish. The one who
finds himself stuck in 18th century thought is doomed.
So during Eid you would be ok with slaughtering
a lamb in front of your city hall? If the Islamists
sue for their right to display their practices under
the first amendment you'd be 'offended'.

Please post your attributions of the claims you
make and not stuff you read in a book written
by a liberal.

Quote:

You can stop them

Liberty Counsel can help you

you can have a nativity scene or Christmas Pageant or sing Christmas Carols

you can find out which big retailers are on the naughty or nice list on their web page

https://www.lc.org

Old December 17, 2017, 14:15   #29
tk421
Registered

Quote:
so in short, as long as you get your way every time ....... screw everyone else

sounds typically muslim
Wow. That made zero sense. Not that I expected sense from a bible banger, but you know, it would have been a nice change of pace.

One of the most fascinating and humorous things about self-professed christian cuckservatives is that anyone that doesn't agree with them is automatically a muslim, or a leftard. Even though I'm about as far from being either as it is possible to get.

But you know, whatever man. You do you. You're not hurting me in any way, so just enjoy your....thing that you do. Whatever that is.
Old December 17, 2017, 17:07   #30
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
You need to careful for what you wish. The one who
finds himself stuck in 18th century thought is doomed.
So during Eid you would be ok with slaughtering
a lamb in front of your city hall? If the Islamists
sue for their right to display their practices under
the first amendment you'd be 'offended'.

Please post your attributions of the claims you
make and not stuff you read in a book written
by a liberal.
not stuck in the 18th century, but unlike others I do respect the original intent of the founding fathers, failing to recognize their original intent bastardizes the Constitution

true believers of Islam cannot be citizens of the US, just not possible in any way, shape or form, so the fact that islam is not a religion should tell you many things to think about first
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old December 17, 2017, 17:08   #31
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
Wow. That made zero sense. Not that I expected sense from a bible banger, but you know, it would have been a nice change of pace.

One of the most fascinating and humorous things about self-professed christian cuckservatives is that anyone that doesn't agree with them is automatically a muslim, or a leftard. Even though I'm about as far from being either as it is possible to get.

But you know, whatever man. You do you. You're not hurting me in any way, so just enjoy your....thing that you do. Whatever that is.

just showing you the cracks in your theory

if you really do not care why open your mouth in the first place .........

epic fail on your part
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old December 17, 2017, 17:22   #32
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
not stuck in the 18th century, but unlike others I do respect the original intent of the founding fathers, failing to recognize their original intent bastardizes the Constitution

true believers of Islam cannot be citizens of the US, just not possible in any way, shape or form, so the fact that islam is not a religion should tell you many things to think about first
Much has changed since the founding of The United States. Much of what's left of the constitution has been bastardized to the point of not being the same any longer. I would hope that you can see that many of us here live in environments where going along to get along is the norm and arguing with those in control is futile. I'd be the first on the front if we all decide tomorrow that enough is enough and there will be no going back with out a gathering under the tree of liberty.

Old December 17, 2017, 17:34   #33
tk421
Registered

Quote:
just showing you the cracks in your theory

if you really do not care why open your mouth in the first place .........

epic fail on your part
Sure. Backpedal. Go back to your bible, it has all the answers to everything, ever. Pay no mind to the places where it contradicts itself.
Old December 17, 2017, 17:54   #34
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
Sure. Backpedal. Go back to your bible, it has all the answers to everything, ever. Pay no mind to the places where it contradicts itself.
the bible was written by man, man is quite capable of plenty of mistakes

no backpedaling on my part, you made the mistake of opening your mouth,

even though you claim that nothing bothers you, again epic fail on your part
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old December 17, 2017, 17:56   #35
KoKodog
Registered

Quote:
Much has changed since the founding of The United States. Much of what's left of the constitution has been bastardized to the point of not being the same any longer. I would hope that you can see that many of us here live in environments where going along to get along is the norm and arguing with those in control is futile. I'd be the first on the front if we all decide tomorrow that enough is enough and there will be no going back with out a gathering under the tree of liberty.
then perhaps it is time to refresh the tree of liberty with only the blood of tyrants
Teddy Roosvelt

Winston Churchill
Old December 17, 2017, 18:29   #36
tk421
Registered

Quote:
the bible was written by man, man is quite capable of plenty of mistakes

no backpedaling on my part, you made the mistake of opening your mouth,

even though you claim that nothing bothers you, again epic fail on your part
Cool story bro.
Old December 17, 2017, 21:55   #37
martin35
un viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
The civilization that spawned almost all of us is the product of the religious admonitions and directives of one historical record,,, the Bible.

Now once again as has happened many times before a competing religion with opposing admonitions and directives wants to cast doubt and discredit the religion I support,,, excuse me if I get a little excited about that.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2017, 23:48   #38
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
The civilization that spawned almost all of us is the product of the religious admonitions and directives of one historical record,,, the Bible.

Now once again as has happened many times before a competing religion with opposing admonitions and directives wants to cast doubt and discredit the religion I support,,, excuse me if I get a little excited about that.
So you're implying you aren't a Pagan?

Old December 18, 2017, 09:31   #39
justashooter
Registered

FALaholic #: 5967
Quote:
ok, they were pre-snackbar
Abram came from Ur. he was of the Chaldees. so Christ, as descendent of Abraham the chosen, is actually related to iraquis by location of origin, but the genetic relation is not well documented.
If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.

Nonetheless you disgust me, and I take comfort in the knowledge that your obituary will be nowhere near as humorous as mine.

The next time I hear "THE RANGE IS NOW HOT", it just wont be the same.

Max tried another question. "What sort of people live about here?"
"In THAT direction," the Jin said, waving its right paw round, "lives a Han: And in THAT direction," waving the other paw, "lives a Ming Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad."
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Max remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Jin: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Max.
"You must be," said the Jin, "or you wouldn't have come here."
justashooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 18, 2017, 10:16   #40
TenTea
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 72247
It's times like these...

My favorite irreverent comment:
Quote:
David Conner
5 months ago
im confused. why would anyone want to kill for my gardener?
TenTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 19, 2017, 15:46   #41
Mebsuta
Khemi, Stygia
Contributor

FALaholic #: 4143
Tired of them taxing me. I don't care about the rest.