Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > Politics

Notices

Old December 13, 2017, 13:52   #1
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Moore Turnout

Alabama only turned out 25% of the electorate.

1.2 million total came out to vote yesterday in Alabama, as opposed to 2 million in 2016.

Trump got 1.3 million alone, in 2016.

It appears that most of the state stayed home, and let the cities stuff the ballot boxes for Jones.

McConnell was ready to stop Moore.

The only winner will be Trumps tax reform and the push to get it approved with Luther Strange still in the seat, will be pushed hard.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2017, 13:59   #2
Impala_Guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 55819
I honestly don't see what Repubs think their tax package will do, other than give the left ammunition to thump the tub about "tax breaks for the rich".
Old December 13, 2017, 14:38   #3
randy762ak
Registered

FALaholic #: 25888
The real Push needs to be National Reciprocity for CCW- ! In 2 weeks Jones takes office and Votes against it= McTurtle will do all he can to stall it until its too late !!
randy762ak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2017, 15:45   #4
JM
Veteran Member
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 46494
Alabama's Jeff Sessions senate seat was a must win for Obama/Clinton crime syndicate to stay out of prison. Same goes for many Republican and Demonrat senators and congressmen who were in on the Uranium One treason. They all signed on to Uranium One for several reasons, money and blackmail. Obama's FBI, CIA, NSA got the dirt on these politicians early on to get them on board the Obama Train. Most likely Jeff Sessions was a naughty boy that got caught doing the dirty thing so he must serve his master Obama like the rest of the corrupt Congress and Senate. What did Jeff Sessions know about Uranium One? Did he sign on to it. Why was it so important for Obama and Hillary to have the perfect man Mueller, hand deliver samples of Uranium to Russia? The most treasonous crime in American history is like the 800 lb gorilla in the room or the guy with the obvious glass eye---Don't Look. The politicians, law enforcement and media keep Uranium One a well hidden story that has already been "Debunked". Yea -right-Uranium One would blow the whole American Government apart and they know it. People could go to jail for the illegal server and the collusion during the election but Uranium One is a crime for the gallows. A death sentence in a lawful country.
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2017, 17:09   #5
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Blame Alabama, they stabbed Trump in the back.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2017, 18:10   #6
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala_Guy View Post
I honestly don't see what Repubs think their tax package will do, other than give the left ammunition to thump the tub about "tax breaks for the rich".
Umm...okay...if you want businesses to come back to the United States,then you have to make the tax rates lower than where the business is located currently. If you want all the money stored overseas,to come back here,you must lower the rates at which it is taxed. Keeping high corporate rates will only equal more companies off-shoring.And any money they make,being stored,overseas.And the people employed being laid off...
If more employment,here in the U.S. with higher wages = "hurting the middle class"...well,I'm not sure what the hell I can say to you that might jumpstart the portion of your brain that processes logic.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2017, 19:40   #7
Bama Steve
Registered

FALaholic #: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coburn View Post
Umm...okay...if you want businesses to come back to the United States,then you have to make the tax rates lower than where the business is located currently. If you want all the money stored overseas,to come back here,you must lower the rates at which it is taxed. Keeping high corporate rates will only equal more companies off-shoring.And any money they make,being stored,overseas.And the people employed being laid off...
If more employment,here in the U.S. with higher wages = "hurting the middle class"...well,I'm not sure what the hell I can say to you that might jumpstart the portion of your brain that processes logic.
Spot-on!
Old December 13, 2017, 20:27   #8
Impala_Guy
Registered

Quote:
They are not going to stop off shoring, they could give a shit about this country and have already sold it down the river in the name of profits and sent the money to Democrats campaign coffers. What kind of tax break is it going to take when Intel or Apple can pay an engineer or programmer in Vietnam or India 1/2 to 1/3 of what they'd have to pay one here, and with better productivity? And how many of these lazy, entitled white vegan millenial assholes who vote to cut their own throats and whine about how greedy the rich are are actually capable of learning these skills in the first place?
Old December 13, 2017, 20:41   #9
Bama Steve
Registered

Quote:
They are not going to stop off shoring, they could give a shit about this country and have already sold it down the river in the name of profits and sent the money to Democrats campaign coffers. What kind of tax break is it going to take when Intel or Apple can pay an engineer or programmer in Vietnam or India 1/2 to 1/3 of what they'd have to pay one here, and with better productivity? And how many of these lazy, entitled white vegan millenial assholes who vote to cut their own throats and whine about how greedy the rich are are actually capable of learning these skills in the first place?
Bullseye!

Old December 13, 2017, 21:35   #10
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
Quote:
Okay... so we're just supposed to do what? Keep corporate rates so high it kills businesses still here? Make it impossible for businesses here compete with cheap foreign made crap? Democrats don't think we pay enough in business. Ever read "Atlas Shrugged"? At a point.business people start thinking its folly to work your ass off just to pay for lazy-assed welfare parasites and lifer politicians. This leads to a societal collapse. I know I am about there.
The United States will not continue in any recognizable form if the current democrat/communist roadmap is followed. It will destroy itself. The corruption must end. Corrupt persons must be brought to justice and harshly punished.
And we must make it so making money is not a crime,a stigma,a bad thing.
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2017, 22:07   #11
Bama Steve
Registered

Dream about and consider the benefits to the entire planet as a whole if WE could only bring-about monetary deflation.

Old December 13, 2017, 22:41   #12
ExCdnSoldierInTx
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 65552
Quote:
Thank you.

Finally someone says something smart around here. Explaining this concept to some is like talking into a shoe.
Old December 14, 2017, 00:55   #13
Roadmarker
Remaining Vigilant 3-7-77
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63605
There are those here who don't understand supply side economics too!
Roadmarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2017, 13:08   #14
Impala_Guy
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmarker View Post
I understand it quite well, in fact, for what its worth, I have an MBA from a well respected state university. I’m talking about the political ramifications. Something unrelated to fiscal policy always seems to tank the economy (like this bloated, Fed manipulated stock market bubble), and the Democrats are always able to twist it into something bad about GOP tax cuts. Spending never goes down, so the deficit and debt will continue to grow regardless of any boosts to economic growth.

Besides, most of these corporate shitheads support the Democrats now anyway, since the Dems figured out that open borders not only create more voters, they allow the corporate cash to flow in because these greedy assholes want the cheap labor.

Last edited by Impala_Guy; December 14, 2017 at 13:59.
Impala_Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 16, 2017, 00:40   #15
martin35
un muy viejo gringo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 2939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmarker View Post
Nor do they understand giving regulatory domain over business to academician social theorist's and community organizers,,, like has happened for the last 8 years.
The write-in vote caused by the scandal was greater than the winning margin.

Last edited by martin35; December 16, 2017 at 02:09.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2017, 18:58   #16
tk421
Registered

FALaholic #: 7857
Quote:
I understand it quite well, in fact, for what its worth, I have an MBA from a well respected state university. I’m talking about the political ramifications. Something unrelated to fiscal policy always seems to tank the economy (like this bloated, Fed manipulated stock market bubble), and the Democrats are always able to twist it into something bad about GOP tax cuts. Spending never goes down, so the deficit and debt will continue to grow regardless of any boosts to economic growth.

Besides, most of these corporate shitheads support the Democrats now anyway, since the Dems figured out that open borders not only create more voters, they allow the corporate cash to flow in because these greedy assholes want the cheap labor.
Yes, this.

Tax cuts are only good when a D does them. If an R does them, or anything else, automatically bad.

At least, that's what some believe (D's, the media, etc).

Every time I think that my opinion of the intelligence of the average person can't get any lower, I get proven wrong. It's like the collectivist types consider it a challenge. "Hold my glass of $5000 per bottle wine, and watch this".