Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The AR Files

Notices

Old December 03, 2017, 18:17   #1
martian308
Registered

FALaholic #: 45617
Colt M16A1 Reissue

Gents...

Any idea when the next batch of Colt M16A1 reissue clones will be released on the market?

Thinking about getting one of these for my collection.
martian308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 03, 2017, 18:21   #2
VALMET
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
I have a hard time imagining that Colt will mfg any more unless you know something that I don’t? If they do mfg anymore they’ll surely be horrifically expensive.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science!" -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 03, 2017, 20:15   #3
gunseller
Registered

FALaholic #: 10120
I built one in semi auto several years ago. We were just out shooting it this afternoon. My 16 years old just loves it as it is like the one I carried well over 40 years ago.
Steve
gunseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 03, 2017, 20:52   #4
VALMET
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
Unless it has to be a Colt for collecting purposes, you’d likely be better off building a clone on a Colt receiver or a Nodak Spud (there are companies that can add “correct” markings). That project would probably come in at under what a new Colt A1 reissue would cost you.

"Dammit Smithers this is brain surgery, not rocket science!" -C. Montgomery Burns
VALMET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2017, 09:30   #5
OMR_RDTandE
Low Speed, High Drag
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4827
I've an M16-A1, built with an Apex Colt parts kit, paired with an original Colt barrel, on a Nodak lower. Close enough for my purposes, all Colt except for the lower, and duplicates what I always shot on the range. It's also in much better condition than anything the Corps ever issued me. We won't talk about the beat-to-shit XM16-E1 I carried in Ranger School in '76.

The rulebook is the last refuge of the incompetent. (With apologies to Isaac Asimov)
OMR_RDTandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2017, 11:07   #6
mikeuniform
Registered

FALaholic #: 46505
You mean this? https://gundigest.com/more/classic-g...-m16a1-reissue

For what they're asking, I'm sure there's quite a few left out there.
mikeuniform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2017, 11:35   #7
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
If able to get your FFL to cash in a favor or are an FFL at wholesale would likely be a decent long term investment of they keep production limited. Might even be good investment at MSRP. If Colt goes belly up or dot gov only it would only go up in value. Have quite a few snake guns such as Pythons, Diamondbacks an Anaconda plus 1st and 2nd edition Cobras that were high at $450 to $700 when purchased but all are $2,000 for even a beater now.

Pony gun guys will pay the price to join the club or round out a collection. If luck and keeping eyes open to heirs selling stuff on Craigslist or catch them coming in gunshow or called by mutual friend I will add one to my collection if had to sell off my shooter grade Python or a Belgian Hi Power to finance it. Never would have guessed back in the day when there was at least one or two Colt wheelguns in every gun shop display they would stop even making them much less the prices a nice snake gun, especially rare variants command now. Have several have purposely not researched value to resist temptation to sell like did with too many SP1's first cancer diagnosis and could move into ban states for 4x to 5x original investment.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 04, 2017, 11:53   #8
pre1989
Registered

FALaholic #: 76523
I will second the above ..At the price point Colt wants for there clones it is cheeper to buy a SP1 which other then markings and being non FA is a M16A1 ...Or go the Nodak rout which is also cheep ..I mean I think troy is making clones which are cheeper but its troy so ...
pre1989 is online now   Reply With Quote