The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapons Discussion > General Firearms Discussion

Notices

Old November 21, 2017, 15:28   #1
cheesy411
Registered

FALaholic #: 64941
unresponsive seller on gunbroker

Okay maybe I need a place to vent and get some advice. I recently (Nov 2) won an auction through gun broker for a Vector Arms Uzi. I sent the seller a USPS money order via certified return receipt mail so I get confirmation that it was received. A day after delivery the seller acknowledged he received and that he would ship on the 17th and would email me tracking. I sent him an email Friday afternoon asking if he had shipped and just to make sure since some emails go to spam I sent the same exact email but this time through gun brokers message system. I still havenít heard back from him, no tracking and when I tried to call it goes straight to voicemail. I left a voicemail stating who I was etc and to call me back (nice and professional) after all I know sometimes life situations happen and sometimes we canít make dead lines set for some reason. Well here it is Tuesday I try to call again and the same results, straight to voice mail. The seller has about 19 feedbacks on gunbroker and they are all A+ so I didnít feel like I had anything To worry about, now Iím starting to wonder if I did get taken for. What do you guys think? What should I do? Iím not sending or leaving threating voicemails or emails due to he may have a legitimate issue, but the lack of communication is disconcerting...
cheesy411 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2017, 17:50   #2
chino*74
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 75409
Give it til after Turkey day., about the end of the month I would actually start being concerned, til then let it ride. But check GB if there is time frame for reporting such things if in fact the item ultimately is undelivered.
Old November 21, 2017, 20:06   #3
K. Funk
Old Fart
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 38
It's hunting season, give it a while yet. I was away all weekend with a bunch of shipments pending. I got em all out today. With decent feedback, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

krf

You never know what's going on inside the mind of a crazy man!!

Check out username kandainv on Gunbroker; always some neat stuff!!
FYB!!!!
K. Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2017, 23:21   #4
cheesy411
Registered

FALaholic #: 64941
Well he responded back with tracking info. As I figured something came up, not a big deal Iím glad he made contact. Worried about nothing as usual
cheesy411 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 23, 2017, 22:16   #5
V guy
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 10282
Did you send the guy the signed FFL?

Without it , he has no legal obligation to ship, ever.
V guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 23, 2017, 23:26   #6
Falfan2017
Registered

FALaholic #: 79031
Still communication is best. Everybody has a smartphone and it takes 15 seconds to send an email telling you he'd be late shipping.
Falfan2017 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2017, 18:12   #7
nvcdl
Registered

FALaholic #: 1312
I've found some sellers wait days to go to their local kitchen table FFL who then takes his sweet time to ship.

So far haven't been ripped off tho but I only buy from people with good feedback as sellers for most part.
nvcdl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2017, 18:43   #8
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Quote:
Everybody has a smartphone and it takes 15 seconds to send an email telling you he'd be late shipping.
The service providers would love that, but many people have opted out of the smartphone market because they end up paying for services they don't need or use. Very much like the cable companies forcing you to get 136 channels of drivel when you only want to watch the cooking shows.

Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr. USAF

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 15, 2017, 19:43   #9
def90
Dinosaur
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 50609
If you are capable of selling an item online via gunbroker you have all the tools required to respond to an email. Going unresponsive after receiving payment is simply a person being an uncaring asshole.
Old December 16, 2017, 08:11   #10
lockjaw
Registered

FALaholic #: 64904
Quote:
Originally Posted by def90 View Post
If you are capable of selling an item online via gunbroker you have all the tools required to respond to an email. Going unresponsive after receiving payment is simply a person being an uncaring asshole.
The Sellers's contact information, including phone number, is easily access d on Gunbroker. There were a couple times over the years that a simple cordial phone call lit the fire under the ass of a lethargic buyer or seller.
lockjaw is online now   Reply With Quote