Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The Class III Files

Notices

Old October 04, 2017, 21:32   #1
2barearms
I really don't hate you..
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
Bump stocks and Binary Triggers....hasta la vista

Looks like they will need a 'buy back' plan since you can't simply make something illegal to possess and ask the owner to destroy the item.

What about all the Fostech guns with binary triggers and all the others.
Giessele triggers? So why not a $200.00 tax stamp?

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2017, 21:39   #2
Falfan2017
Registered

FALaholic #: 79031
This is the best possible outcome. Banning useless gimmicks allows the lawmakers to say they did something.
Falfan2017 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2017, 07:47   #3
tommygun2000
Registered

FALaholic #: 9196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falfan2017 View Post
This is the best possible outcome. Banning useless gimmicks allows the lawmakers to say they did something.
Uselessness is in the eye of the beholder.

Also, doing "something" is not the least bit credible when the "something" that is done is WRONG.

I'd rather nothing be done at all and people just STFU and mind their own business.....especially legislators and their collective legislatures.

Last edited by tommygun2000; October 05, 2017 at 10:55.
tommygun2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2017, 07:55   #4
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
Good bye Bump Stock hello rubber band. 😀
Old October 05, 2017, 10:39   #5
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
American public has five minute attention span. Republicrats pulled all bills off floor of House and Senate that involved lossening of gun laws and Trump said would have to take a look at current legislation. I believe a long pause over winter, few blizzards and terrorist attacks in European countries where all guns are illegal and will end up losing interest in the mechanics of the Vegas shooter. Did add total of three binaries but don't like bump fire in comparison. Noticed a mini run on bother and Beta mags. Plan to get the one binary put back in a rifle and documented along with the new ones. Figure if built and put back will be more likely to have a grandfathered status. All of mine are on rifles with suppressors thus far so have a tax stamp already. Waiting on two new cans as well to pair with binary.
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
hueyville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2017, 14:36   #6
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

NRA folded. Made statement that Obama administration approved bump fire and should be regulated same as full auto. If NRA threw us under the bus, what is BATFE and Confess going to do?
A time will come when people will not listen to accurate teachings. Instead, they will follow their own desires and surround themselves with teachers who tell them what they want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 G.W.T.
"If it is worth doing once...it's worth doing it a few more times to get it right." Stimpsonjcat
Old October 05, 2017, 14:46   #7
NFADLR
Banned

FALaholic #: 7480
California or rather (State Of California) does it all the time.

IE if one possessed a 11 - ~ (infinity) capacity magazine prior to 2000 it was said you could keep it but now they think ( loony moonbeam) all of the mags owned by the general public will just turn in their property because the loony in the state house signed a piece of paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2barearms View Post
Looks like they will need a 'buy back' plan since you can't simply make something illegal to possess and ask the owner to destroy the item.

NFADLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2017, 14:54   #8
Black Blade
Registered

FALaholic #: 76490
NRA Caves On “Bump Fire Stocks,” Says They Should Be “Subject To Additional Regulations”

Snippit:

Following the tragic events in Las Vegas, which were seemingly made even worse by a product that most people didn’t even know existed a couple of days ago, and ramped-up calls for new gun restrictions from Democrats, the National Rifle Association has just caved and called for “additional regulations” on “bump fire stocks” which effectively serve to allow semi-automatic weapons to function as fully-automatic.

Here is the full statement from the NRA:

READ MORE: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-0 ... egulations
Old October 05, 2017, 15:21   #9
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Slidefire stocks over $900 on Gunbroker right now and climbing. If holds will pull and sell all of minne.

Edit:
Learning spellcheck on my new smartphones has not learned words like Gunbroker yet.

Last edited by hueyville; October 05, 2017 at 17:23.
Old October 06, 2017, 09:51   #10
2barearms
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
Slidefire stocks over $900 on Gunbroker right now and climbing. If holds will pull and sell all of minne.

Edit:
Learning spellcheck on my new smartphones has not learned words like Gunbroker yet.
A little imagination and a lathe is all it takes to make a bump stock out of ordinary parts.

Old October 06, 2017, 10:43   #11
stimpsonjcat
I wasn't talking to you
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 470
Quote:
A little imagination and a lathe is all it takes to make a bump stock out of ordinary parts.
Yep, and binary triggers are even easier.

"The game is worth the candle...always been."

"It’s hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead."
stimpsonjcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2017, 18:58   #12
fnogger
Registered

FALaholic #: 51053
Quote:

Edit:
New listings not allowed, only currently listed stuff w/ bids.
Old October 06, 2017, 19:11   #13
Invictus77
1C 16:13
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
I'm told by Blondzilla that the correct spelling is Gonebroker
Old October 07, 2017, 12:50   #14
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I no longer have any Slidefire stocks. Luckily saved all boxes with packaging, decal, wrench and brochures. All my binary triggers are now paid for from proceeds. Wish had purchased Slidefire on Monday when still $109.
Old October 07, 2017, 16:15   #15
kurbelgehause
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 14698
Gunbroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnogger View Post
New listings not allowed, only currently listed stuff w/ bids.

Gonebroker just sent out a message. They just flip-flopped and will allow bump fire stock auctions but at seller's own legal risk.
Old October 07, 2017, 18:28   #16
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Front page Atlanta Journal Constutution today is huge photo lead in to article with opening caption saying "Gun rights players are digging in their heels, antigunners are spouting the same old rhetoric and the white house administration is saying to pause and review before we rush to change regulations". Goes on to say that this will drag on with same arguments, no real progress made by either side, Americans five minute attention span will fade and in course of time not one rule will be changed according to their analysts.

This would not surprise me but while the panic crowd is paying $900 each for bump fire stocks mine are on Gunbroker now listed by the folks that handle all my gunbroker sales. Binary triggers are dancing at $850 today and if settle in at or above Slidefire price will sell three. Then with any luck what I get for one will buy all three back in a few months and don't plan to buy anymore Slidefires as much prefer binary. In case am wrong am keeping four which with one in each hand and wife wielding another still have a spare if my play is wrong. Still bank a hefty pile of cash and have four of the latest Gen 3 systems.

With Franklin Armory so deep into research, development and manufacturing the HK binary systems, heavy inventory on Gen 3 AR, having recently purchased Mag Tactical a legal change could cost a lot of jobs and Trump is big on saving American jobs. Going to be interesting and hopefully like 1984 and Sandy Hook a little extra play money made neckbearding extra toys that didn't really need.
Old October 08, 2017, 18:39   #17
FAL4EVER
Registered

FALaholic #: 13671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falfan2017 View Post
It seems like the shooter was the only one that didn’t consider it a useless gimmick. It’s not like he couldn’t afford the real thing, no, he put his money on Slidefires. At 4-500 yards no less.

I would think the military is going to swap out their full autos now for sliders. Heck they could even redeploy the ones turned in.
Old October 08, 2017, 22:07   #18
Bubacus
Registered

FALaholic #: 13971
Now if they make a rubber band in black, they will capture the tacticool crowd:

Old October 09, 2017, 07:42   #19
2barearms
Bronze Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubacus View Post
Now if they make a rubber band in black, they will capture the tacticool crowd:

Yes but the rubber band still stands out. A Geiselle Super 3 gun with a 2 lb trigger loooks like a very other trigger.

Old October 09, 2017, 09:01   #20
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

I now have non NFA black rubber bands available at half price of retail on Slidefires. The FDE rubber bands are just not getting any interest, just dang Office Depot and Staples. If dot gov wants to crack down so much hardware, auto parts and office supplies would be illegal if have a rifle it would get ridiculous. Like the "no extra wipes" ruling and Lowe's rubber washer bin.
Old October 24, 2017, 19:37   #21
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Not only can I not store rubber washers in bulk anymore or rubber bands but now I have to switch to loafers or Velcro shoes. Guy got his shoestring registered as a NFA machine gun.

So a side charger and shoes with strings and were all violators. Midway has there side charging complete 22 Nosler uppers on sale and was going to skip it but so cheap and now this. May need a second side charging AR 15 to match my side charging AR 10's.

https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/20...g-machine-gun/

Shame guy NFA'd his shoe string or may be able to get a letter from BATFE like on bumpfire and binary.
Old November 11, 2017, 21:51   #22
ICOM7800
Registered

FALaholic #: 65978
Quote:

Why is this on this cl3 forum?Fake MG bullshit faggot stock.Same as buying fake gold coins on tv for 19.95
ICOM7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2017, 10:59   #23
hueyville
Registered
Bronze Contributor

Found another new in box Slidefire stock at work yesterday. Sold all others and this one will go up for sale this week. A good binary trigger set up in properly built rifle is about same as a three shot burst M4. Can binary with gas up a tad high and midweight buffer over 500 rpm. With MGI Rate Reduction buffer, proper gas setting can double tap like a pro and keep a 200 to 300 thirty rpm mag dump in the A/B zone of IPSC target at 25 yards. At 500 rpm it's an suppression fire weapon. All that said and can put more rounds down range accurately in less time with an M4 binary than my Class 3 Ruger AC556. If we're to do extensive modifications to gas and muzzle device sure could get the AC556 more controllable.