The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The M1 / M14 Files

Notices

Old June 20, 2017, 13:51   #1
Douglas Wozny
Registered

FALaholic #: 4255
Loading M1 Rifle Clips Made Easy!

Received the clip loading machine from Norm last week. Last night loaded 125 clips (that's 1,000 rounds) faster than it would take to shoot that much ammunition up. See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUvkX390WTA Best thing since indoor toilets.
Necat omnes! Deus suos agnoscet.
The application of the proper amount of high explosives can solve any problem.
Douglas Wozny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2017, 14:51   #2
ArtBanks
Veteran Member
Platinum Contributor

FALaholic #: 28761
Can't get much faster than that unless you are pulling bandoleers with loaded clips out of a spam can.
ArtBanks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2017, 16:46   #3
Retired Bum
Registered

FALaholic #: 21904
Fifty four years ago doing my army basic training at Fort Leonard Wood I was loading the eight round en bloc M1 clips the old fashioned way. We would pull twelve clips out of a plastic bucket and then get in line at the ammo truck. We were handed five 20 round boxes of .30 M2 Ball although it could also be tracer or armor piercing. This ammo was dated 43 or 44. I would load up my twelve clips and put the four remaining rounds in my fatigue shirt pocket.

We would load the four rounds one at a time and then start using the loaded clips. At age 17 1/2 and only 135 pounds the recoil punished me until I learned how to handle it. We fired 100 rounds a day for 12 days at the range. Got real good at loading M1 clips. Haven't forgotten how either. I have a 1945 made SA M1 and a bunch of clips with some of that cheap South Korean made M2 Ball stashed away. Cheap at the time anyway.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One
Retired Bum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2017, 16:50   #4
tdb59
Are We Awake ?
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 63177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Bum View Post
Fifty four years ago doing my army basic training at Fort Leonard Wood I was loading the eight round en bloc M1 clips the old fashioned way. We would pull twelve clips out of a plastic bucket and then get in line at the ammo truck. We were handed five 20 round boxes of .30 M2 Ball although it could also be tracer or armor piercing. This ammo was dated 43 or 44. I would load up my twelve clips and put the four remaining rounds in my fatigue shirt pocket.

We would load the four rounds one at a time and then start using the loaded clips. At age 17 1/2 and only 135 pounds the recoil punished me until I learned how to handle it. We fired 100 rounds a day for 12 days at the range. Got real good at loading M1 clips. Haven't forgotten how either. I have a 1945 made SA M1 and a bunch of clips with some of that cheap South Korean made M2 Ball stashed away. Cheap at the time anyway.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One
I traded in to my first M1 when I was 21, and was 5'11 / 129 pounds.

Never a problem with recoil, as it was softer than the Remington 700 I bought when I was 15.

Fired some of the Denver 43 stash through Uncle Rex's Garand at the last Oregon shoot, too.

Good stuff is good stuff.

tdb59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2017, 22:08   #5
retired 1
Registered

FALaholic #: 75223
Please educate those of us who don't know what, who, or where is Norms.
Thank you
retired 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25, 2017, 08:43   #6
hkshooter
Mighty Fine!
Contributor

FALaholic #: 5391
Excellent machine.
Old June 25, 2017, 10:23   #7
12v71
Perched in the MP
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 71127
Yes, excellent machine. I showed the Coffee Vixen the vid (as she was loading clips by hand) now it looks like we will be getting one. As if she can't burn ammo fast enough as is.

"Freedom is not a crime"

I'm a heavy equipment mechanic because brain surgery was far too easy.
12v71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 26, 2017, 07:12   #8
Douglas Wozny
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired 1 View Post
Please educate those of us who don't know what, who, or where is Norms.
Thank you
He is the guy in the video!
Old June 29, 2017, 09:28   #9
Bawana jim
Registered

FALaholic #: 17482
What does it cost?
Old June 29, 2017, 16:40   #10
2barearms
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 13866
I'll see if He's going to produce some of them and if so what they'll cost.
He's a local.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
2barearms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2017, 21:23   #11
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Ya gotta do some good google fu but the blueprints are out there so you can build your own. Apparently John C. Garand designed the original model and this (and others) are the modernized versions.

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 01, 2017, 00:49   #12
Super B
Registered

FALaholic #: 404
What fun is loading clips by machine? Loading by hand lets you get intimate with your gun.
Old July 05, 2017, 07:36   #13
Douglas Wozny
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super B View Post
What fun is loading clips by machine? Loading by hand lets you get intimate with your gun.
Just wait until old age and arthritis sets in!
Old July 11, 2017, 18:21   #14
enbloc8
Registered

FALaholic #: 51665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Bum View Post

And so it goes.

The Retired One
Did you guys use any tricks for loading faster than one-round-at-a-time? Were you supposed to have the top round on one particular side of the clip?
enbloc8 is online now   Reply With Quote