The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Reference and Data Section: a FAL FAQs and Library

Notices

Old May 16, 2015, 14:36   #1
razerwire
Registered

FALaholic #: 72835
What do I have

I bought a fn fal new years ago and was offered $ 2500.00 for it but i don't know what i have. It has 308 match on one side receiver and FABRIQUE NATIONALE HERSTAL Made in BELGIUM gun south inc. trussville al. serial number 25031xx . Bolt has same last 5 numbers.
razerwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2015, 17:20   #2
brunop
Refresh Key Masher
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 17136
That gun is worth more than 2500.

Just guessing, but it sounds like you have a (like?) new Belgian-made FN FAL - the real deal.

Pics. Would. Help.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: what would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if during periods of mass arrests people had simply not sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, ham- mers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand. . . . The Organs [police] would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers . . . and notwithstanding all of Stalin‘s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - A. Solzhenitsyn, Gulag Archipelago
brunop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2015, 20:22   #3
ALL FAL
Registered

FALaholic #: 24447
Sounds like it.

I'm gonna hang out and watch the VULTURES appear and try to talk you out of it, Brunop is Not one of them, he is Trustworthy.

Last edited by ALL FAL; May 16, 2015 at 20:39.
ALL FAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2015, 14:33   #4
tac-40
Armed Curmudgeon

FALaholic #: 12090
Take a look at the search for GunSouth FAL. Lots of posts there to help you answer your own questions.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/searc...archid=1146175

This is s recent On-Line Auction of a GunSouth import showing what the value could be.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/942556848...ham-preban.htm

Schools uses to start with the "three R's". Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Now they start with the "three D's". Dipshitery, Dumbassery, and Douchebaggery-Retired Bum

If you do in fact have a problem, you have the rest of your life to solve it. How long your life lasts only depends on how well you solve it.
tac-40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2015, 22:18   #5
razerwire
Registered

FALaholic #: 72835
Looks like rifle on gun broker and dealer offered me $ 2500.00 Will sell to someone here for $ 3000.00, feel someone here will appreciate this fine rifle. I bought new and have put about 60 rounds thru it. There is nothing wrong with rifle, I would never sell except live in ca. Adult owned and cared for. Inside heated and air conditioned garage inside controlled safe.Extra mag I purchased when i first got rifle along with scope covers and wood stock go with rifle. My son will have to help me post pictures when he gets back monday.
razerwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2015, 22:26   #6
NFADLR
Banned

FALaholic #: 7480
Fixed stock 50.00 or para w steel lower 50.61 Para w hindinum (aluminum) lower 50.64.

From memory BS book is in storage so...

BTW: razerwire There is a FN FAL you
can own living on california. its called the 50.63 para.. as it does not have "FN FAL or FN MATCH" on receiver as in the Roberti Roos law

Will give more info if your interested in knowing.
Im not selling a FN FAL just letting you know the legal info.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=48776

Last edited by NFADLR; May 25, 2015 at 22:01.
NFADLR is offline   Reply With Quote