The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > Discussion Forums > General Non-Firearms Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25, 2013, 11:44   #1
Oregon-Jet
Registered
 
Oregon-Jet's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 3381
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Eastern Oregon, Blue Mnts
Posts: 535
BOSTON - National Guard units seeking to confiscate banned assault weapons

BOSTON - National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed on April 19th by elements of a para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement. Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group's organizers as "criminals," issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government's efforts to secure law and order. The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.

Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that "none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily." Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government's plans. During a tense standoff in Lexington's town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists. Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange. Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces overmatched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat. Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops. Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as "ringleaders" of the extremist faction, remain at large.

April 20, 1775
Oregon-Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 12:39   #2
lawdog
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 7773
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,157
In what way were British Army Regulars the "National Guard"?
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 12:46   #3
Wil-C
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17357
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
In what way were British Army Regulars the "National Guard"?
they both fit under the lie of "I'm from the government and I'm here to help..."


....whether you want thier help, or not...
__________________
"A gun is a tool" .....Shane.
Wil-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 14:45   #4
lawdog
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 7773
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,157
Ah, I see. I've learned something today. The Redcoats fit under the same rubric as the National Guard.





Just a little follow-up question or two. So, if the National Guard is the same as the Redcoats as you have postulated, then what does that make the Minutemen that composed the militia/volunteers that showed up at Lexington and Concord? Didn't they become the Continental Army - the armed forces of the colonies, and then the National Guard and the Regular Army? So, I guess if I follow your logic about the National Guard, then the minutemen that showed up and became part of the continental army also were part of the forming government of the revolting colonies? Since they were part of the new government, that makes them part of the lie to which you refer? So, ultimately that makes it one lying governmental force (Colonial Government) fighting another lying governmental force (British)?

See, I must have been mistaken all along thinking that the British were an occupying force of a set of Imperial colonies, not the National Guard. Instead the two are apparently fungible.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 15:15   #5
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,072
A thin analogy in my opinion.

Those whose arms were being confiscated were the subjects of a monarchy and lived under the protection of that monarchy.

Most who live in Boston now are citizens of a Democracy those rebellious subjects helped create as a Constitutional Representative Republic Democracy with rights of redress by ballot and petition.
Where did they go wrong?
That Democracy affords those in Boston a means other than rebellion and the destruction of that Democracy for making change,,, instant gratification not with standing.

If we piss-off our power of free election in the name of personally held fragmented principals and run candidates who have no chance of gaining office and reversing trends we allow other self serving citizens to put in place what we call oppression and they call privilege.

The only alternative is to burn down the village and shoot the privileged to save it,,, never leave a enemy in your rear,,, sadly that would require many who are most vocal to get off their ass's, shut up and put up. That makes my ruemitiz ache.

Let me know when that happens, when a Obama promise is kept and we are ready to suborn 51% of the American electorate that think they are the majority,,, it could possibly happen.

I've been invested in and a good customer of this whorehouse all my life, it takes some persuasion to get me to want to burn it down,,, especially when the madam says "climb on and help youself big boy",,, I lived for those moments.

I see time lapsed analogies factually different than some.

All your old cowboys are dead set against doin' anything they can't do from horseback,,, I'm against shootin' anything/body I can't shoot from my front porch,,, when I can hire it done.
__________________
Lasting knowledge is more readily imparted by the laying on of hands.
Miracles can be gained with a kind word,,, even more is gained with a kind word and a gun.

Last edited by martin35; April 25, 2013 at 15:37.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 15:18   #6
Stranger
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 3555
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 9,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
See, I must have been mistaken all along thinking that the British were an occupying force of a set of Imperial colonies, not the National Guard.
You seem to be splitting hairs by contrasting tyrannical governments with imperial tyrannical governments. Oppressive laws are oppressive laws whether the government lives across an ocean or just down the block.
__________________
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 15:40   #7
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
You seem to be splitting hairs by contrasting tyrannical governments with imperial tyrannical governments. Oppressive laws are oppressive laws whether the government lives across an ocean or just down the block.
And then there is the question of whether you agree with those hairy laws.
__________________
Lasting knowledge is more readily imparted by the laying on of hands.
Miracles can be gained with a kind word,,, even more is gained with a kind word and a gun.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 17:18   #8
JasonB
Banned
 
FALaholic #: 7430
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 90° N 0° W
Posts: 11,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
Ah, I see. I've learned something today. The Redcoats fit under the same rubric as the National Guard.





Just a little follow-up question or two. So, if the National Guard is the same as the Redcoats as you have postulated, then what does that make the Minutemen that composed the militia/volunteers that showed up at Lexington and Concord? Didn't they become the Continental Army - the armed forces of the colonies, and then the National Guard and the Regular Army? So, I guess if I follow your logic about the National Guard, then the minutemen that showed up and became part of the continental army also were part of the forming government of the revolting colonies? Since they were part of the new government, that makes them part of the lie to which you refer? So, ultimately that makes it one lying governmental force (Colonial Government) fighting another lying governmental force (British)?

See, I must have been mistaken all along thinking that the British were an occupying force of a set of Imperial colonies, not the National Guard. Instead the two are apparently fungible.
The National Guard(started in 1903) prefers to claim it was started by royal charter granted by the king in 1636.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 18:03   #9
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 12,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
And then there is the question of whether you agree with those hairy laws.
There always is that...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 20:07   #10
JasonB
Banned
 
FALaholic #: 7430
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 90° N 0° W
Posts: 11,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
And then there is the question of whether you agree with those hairy laws.
No question about you agreeing with them.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 20:42   #11
flopshot
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 21389
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post

Those whose arms were being confiscated were the subjects of a federal government and lived under the protection of that federal government.
not a far stretch is it ?
__________________
"The Obamas behave as if they were sharecroppers living in a trailer and hit the Powerball, but instead of getting new tires for their trailer and a new pickup truck, they moved to Washington."

Mychal Massie- April 19, 2011
flopshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 20:54   #12
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopshot View Post
not a far stretch is it ?
But not what I said.
In essence those earlier dissidents decided not to be Englishmen anymore,,, stretch that one.
__________________
Lasting knowledge is more readily imparted by the laying on of hands.
Miracles can be gained with a kind word,,, even more is gained with a kind word and a gun.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 21:21   #13
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 12,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
But not what I said.
In essence those earlier dissidents decided not to be Englishmen anymore,,, stretch that one.
Perhaps many today believe that the US government is not American anymore.

Where does that turn of events leave us?

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 21:30   #14
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
Perhaps many today believe that the US government is not American anymore.

Where does that turn of events leave us?

Forrest
Up that famous creek?
__________________
Lasting knowledge is more readily imparted by the laying on of hands.
Miracles can be gained with a kind word,,, even more is gained with a kind word and a gun.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 22:36   #15
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 12,190
And without a paddle...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2013, 23:48   #16
G1user
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6546
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
But not what I said.
In essence those earlier dissidents decided not to be Englishmen anymore,,, stretch that one.
It was parliament that made that decision (and the king who consented with parliament).

As distinct from the colonials, whom simply repudiated the terms of said fraudulent decision, and in so doing, necessarily threw off the fraudulent claims of the monarchy/parliament binding them, "and to assume among the powers of the earth" the former-colonials thereby claimed their own sovereign legal status ("the divine right of kings", henceforth applies to all men, not just the guy with the big golden hat)...
G1user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2013, 04:59   #17
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,072
The Prohibitory act that was passed by parliament had the goal of the destroying the American economy by making it incapable of operating by means of prohibiting trade with other countries,,, that part of history is known to me as is the colonist reaction that said they no longer had the protection of the crown or a voice in parliament.

Perhaps the inept management of our economic recovery has some parallels,,, to date our Democracy has never had a Ruler we could not depose with due process.
I wonder what the plan is for afterwards when the violent deposing is done,,, will we just use insurrection as a means of changing government as many countries around the world do?
We call them 3rd world countries who can't get their shit together.

I ask these question on this very important subject because I think we have no common answers that are not knee jerk reactions,,, maybe I'm too deliberative from force of habit but I was taught to have a plan for all possible contingencies before acting,,, do we have such a agreed to plan available?

I'm of the opinion it's good to debate life and death if given the chance because that's the subject at hand.
__________________
Lasting knowledge is more readily imparted by the laying on of hands.
Miracles can be gained with a kind word,,, even more is gained with a kind word and a gun.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2013, 09:08   #18
Stranger
Registered
Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 3555
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 9,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
And then there is the question of whether you agree with those hairy laws.
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Or, in this context one man's slavery is another man's civic duty.
__________________
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2013, 10:10   #19
SWOHFAL
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 34346
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Obamunist-occupied America
Posts: 13,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
Perhaps many today believe that the US government is not American anymore.

Where does that turn of events leave us?

Forrest
This.
__________________
Man is tormented by no greater anxiety than to find someone quickly to whom he can hand over that great gift of freedom with which the ill-fated creature is born.

- Fyodor Dostoevsky
SWOHFAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2013, 10:19   #20
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Or, in this context one man's slavery is another man's civic duty.

The voting citizens of Massachusetts's are collectively among the most liberal known, their voice is heard in every election and they send the most liberal politicians to Congress.

I'm almost certain they know of and have heard about Constitutional rights, they pass such laws as suits their percieved needs,,, in that regard they are attuned with a vacilating national majority electorate where only the liberals coalese.

I see no legal Constitutional means of taking that right away from them.

About the best I can do is send another Texan to DC as President, right now no top hand Texans want the job that I can see from my front porch,
I'm startin' to check out bow legged women at this point,,, that's hard to do from my front porch with my one and only bringing me lemon aide every 5 minutes,
I may have to ask her whats what,,, as a last resort and I'm scaredy of her answer, she's tried to bow up and sunfish on me a time or two already,,, oh. how the mighty have fallen,,,I guess it goes with the man tits and a waist line that hides my best efforts but my aspirations are still high.
__________________
Lasting knowledge is more readily imparted by the laying on of hands.
Miracles can be gained with a kind word,,, even more is gained with a kind word and a gun.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2013, 14:29   #21
lawdog
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 7773
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,157
JasonB,

The National Guard claims its roots from the "Associators", started by Ben Franklin. Thereafter, each state maintained its own militia, under the control of their respective Governor.

The state militias were treated as a National Guard and were being tasked as part of the regular Army during the small wars at the end of the 1800s and early 1900s. As expected, they showed up with a mish-mosh of equipment, training, and personnel.

To "fix" this, the Federal Government decided to create uniformity across the states and started funneling money to each state to accomplish getting them into some semblance of nation-wide uniformity. They are still technically under the control of the state governors unless and until federalized.

All I'm saying is that the National Guard is something that, in essence, has been more or less around in one form or title or another since before the Revolutionary War.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2013, 16:59   #22
KoKodog
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 31665
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: on top of a wind swept ridge
Posts: 1,048
I just wish everyone would quit calling our Republic a Democracy ....

I know its in bad shape, but there is no need for the name calling
__________________
Far better it is to dare mighty things,
than to take refuge with those timid spirits
that know neither victory, nor defeat.
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2013, 22:42   #23
dsertdog56
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 69596
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: South of Nowhere, Oklahoma
Posts: 89
I hate commenting on these threads, evermuch as I enjoy reading them.

I believe the ops analogy would have been better served had it been written as:
DHS ops supported by federal troops, under orders from the standing administration were sent by the request of the govenor to confiscate said weapons. This because LEO and many standing guard troops refused to enforce said ban and local citizenry had not voluntarily turned them, instead, forming thier own militias...

Anyway, I don't want to go any further. It was a good attempt and I got the OPs' point.
dsertdog56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 01:40   #24
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKodog View Post
I just wish everyone would quit calling our Republic a Democracy ....

I know its in bad shape, but there is no need for the name calling
In my opinion;
A Representative Republc that uses Rules peculiar to the Democratic paradigm as a continuum process is called a Democracy by way of a common genre.
Continuum meaning a progression of values, genre meaning variations common to a given paradigm.

The more correct term might be Democratically elected Representative Republic.

You are right it is confusing, some whose choice of candidate are not elected by majority numbers feel justified in nullifying the Democratic process,,, that's historically been how Democracies disappear into a process not Democratic,,, tyranny or chaos being the most common state of rule when Democracy dies.
__________________
Lasting knowledge is more readily imparted by the laying on of hands.
Miracles can be gained with a kind word,,, even more is gained with a kind word and a gun.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 09:13   #25
JasonB
Banned
 
FALaholic #: 7430
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 90° N 0° W
Posts: 11,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
JasonB,

The National Guard claims its roots from the "Associators", started by Ben Franklin. .

http://www.ng.mil/features/birth_2011/default.aspx

"The military organization we know today as the National Guard came into existence with a direct declaration on December 13, 1636."

Delegated authority via the consent of the governed is just not as sexy as unlimited power perhaps?

And the fact remains it was created in 1903 and the people in it do not keep their own arms as per the militia act of 1792.

Last edited by JasonB; April 27, 2013 at 12:47.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 09:16   #26
JasonB
Banned
 
FALaholic #: 7430
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 90° N 0° W
Posts: 11,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
In my opinion;
A Representative Republc that uses Rules peculiar to the Democratic paradigm as a continuum process is called a Democracy by way of a common genre.
Continuum meaning a progression of values, genre meaning variations common to a given paradigm.

The more correct term might be Democratically elected Representative Republic.

You are right it is confusing, some whose choice of candidate are not elected by majority numbers feel justified in nullifying the Democratic process,,, that's historically been how Democracies disappear into a process not Democratic,,, tyranny or chaos being the most common state of rule when Democracy dies.
They used one word to describe it. The wordiness you favor sounds like the full names of various totalitarian states around the planet. Bet you knew that too though.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 12:07   #27
Pistolwiz
Registered
 
Pistolwiz's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 4378
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: WA
Posts: 7,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
In my opinion;
A Representative Republc that uses Rules peculiar to the Democratic paradigm as a continuum process is called a Democracy by way of a common genre.
Continuum meaning a progression of values, genre meaning variations common to a given paradigm.

The more correct term might be Democratically elected Representative Republic.

You are right it is confusing, some whose choice of candidate are not elected by majority numbers feel justified in nullifying the Democratic process,,, that's historically been how Democracies disappear into a process not Democratic,,, tyranny or chaos being the most common state of rule when Democracy dies.
You use the same BS language as progressives that seek to destroy our constitution and republic. You use their newspeak just like Orwell warned us about.

WE ARE NOT A DEMOCRACY, NEVER WERE AND WILL NEVER BE. But the PTB's that rule you like it when you use a term that describes what they want. A majority of dumbed down idiots that will vote their pockets full by the government treasury.

But I guess that as long as you feel like you're in the majority.......You feel safe. How does it feel to be included with the dumbed down majority? Dumb.
__________________
"The constitution is not a bunch of suggestions. It's the law."


"People will chew and swallow an entire sweet and delicious brick of lies. And enjoy it. Rather than taste one bitter grain of truth. No wonder they are hoodwinked so easily."


"I don't run with lemmings...even well armed ones."

"If we had as many misconceptions about the FN FAL as we do about the constitution. The body count from accidents would be much, much higher around here."
Pistolwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 12:45   #28
JasonB
Banned
 
FALaholic #: 7430
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 90° N 0° W
Posts: 11,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistolwiz View Post
You use the same BS language as progressives that seek to destroy our constitution and republic. You use their newspeak just like Orwell warned us about.

WE ARE NOT A DEMOCRACY, NEVER WERE AND WILL NEVER BE. But the PTB's that rule you like it when you use a term that describes what they want. A majority of dumbed down idiots that will vote their pockets full by the government treasury.

But I guess that as long as you feel like you're in the majority.......You feel safe. How does it feel to be included with the dumbed down majority? Dumb.
Since he is doing it knowingly and intentionally he isn't doing it because he is dumb.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 14:27   #29
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistolwiz View Post
You use the same BS language as progressives that seek to destroy our constitution and republic. You use their newspeak just like Orwell warned us about.

WE ARE NOT A DEMOCRACY, NEVER WERE AND WILL NEVER BE. But the PTB's that rule you like it when you use a term that describes what they want. A majority of dumbed down idiots that will vote their pockets full by the government treasury.

But I guess that as long as you feel like you're in the majority.......You feel safe. How does it feel to be included with the dumbed down majority? Dumb.
Where have I said I support what has been created, describing what has been created is not a endorsement,,, it takes some degree of ordinary intelligence know the difference and make any necessary corrections,,, don't go dip shit or JasonB on me or nothing can ever be done.

A Marine General after one of the Pacific Island assault was finished said "if it doesn't matter who gets the credit anything can be done".

When I was 17 years old I was taught to reconnoiter and survey my opponents strength and my own capability for a response,,, not just stick my cucumber in the pickle slicer.\
Knowing more about you enemy than you don't agree with'm is a affirmative..
Knowing ones limitations and superiority is the 1st order for winning and sets the mode of assault,,, if indeed winning is the object, not just mindless posturing,,, we are full up of that here,,, in my opinion
.
It is my opinion that the Democratic process and all the machinations therein got us into our present dilemma,,, so to can the Democratic process get us out of our dilemma if that frost your balls so be it.

It is true I'm not ready to give up on our present electorial processes
.
I have lived long enough to have seen the ebb and flow of personal liberties to fit a percieved condition and or threat over my life time,,, having and giving rights can be a bitch kitty when done by a replacable elected Representative governing body.

Take a look at what Americans endured to win WWII and tell me how your rights are gone forever and how bad you have it.
Have I said that's a good thing?

What it is is what it is but not what it's gonn'a be, by what ever process occurs.
.
Maybe my debate posts are not long enough,,, because a few here are starting to piss me off?
__________________
Lasting knowledge is more readily imparted by the laying on of hands.
Miracles can be gained with a kind word,,, even more is gained with a kind word and a gun.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 15:05   #30
JasonB
Banned
 
FALaholic #: 7430
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 90° N 0° W
Posts: 11,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
Where have I said I support what has been created, describing what has been created is not a endorsement,,, it takes some degree of ordinary intelligence know the difference and make any necessary corrections,,, don't go dip shit or JasonB on me or nothing can ever be done.

A Marine General after one of the Pacific Island assault was finished said "if it doesn't matter who gets the credit anything can be done".

When I was 17 years old I was taught to reconnoiter and survey my opponents strength and my own capability for a response,,, not just stick my cucumber in the pickle slicer.\
Knowing more about you enemy than you don't agree with'm is a affirmative..
Knowing ones limitations and superiority is the 1st order for winning and sets the mode of assault,,, if indeed winning is the object, not just mindless posturing,,, we are full up of that here,,, in my opinion
.
It is my opinion that the Democratic process and all the machinations therein got us into our present dilemma,,, so to can the Democratic process get us out of our dilemma if that frost your balls so be it.

It is true I'm not ready to give up on our present electorial processes
.
I have lived long enough to have seen the ebb and flow of personal liberties to fit a percieved condition and or threat over my life time,,, having and giving rights can be a bitch kitty when done by a replacable elected Representative governing body.

Take a look at what Americans endured to win WWII and tell me how your rights are gone forever and how bad you have it.
Have I said that's a good thing?

What it is is what it is but not what it's gonn'a be, by what ever process occurs.
.
Maybe my debate posts are not long enough,,, because a few here are starting to piss me off?
When you disagree with something you say so. When you agree with it you either say so or simply say this is how it has always been done. Your agreement goes hand in hand with your unwavering support for the groups and indviduals who have made sure it has always been done that way.

Didn't meddling in foreign affairs get us in to WWII? While it might have happened regardless there is still that issue.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 15:39   #31
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
When you disagree with something you say so. When you agree with it you either say so or simply say this is how it has always been done. Your agreement goes hand in hand with your unwavering support for the groups and indviduals who have made sure it has always been done that way.

Didn't meddling in foreign affairs get us in to WWII? While it might have happened regardless there is still that issue.
Unfortunately for me you are entitled to your screwed up opinions.
Fortunately for me I have a unending string of constitutionally approved cuss words to combat your poor bewildered ass,,, bless your heart,, but not your ass.
__________________
Lasting knowledge is more readily imparted by the laying on of hands.
Miracles can be gained with a kind word,,, even more is gained with a kind word and a gun.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 15:42   #32
JasonB
Banned
 
FALaholic #: 7430
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 90° N 0° W
Posts: 11,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
Unfortunately for me you are entitled to your screwed up opinions.
Fortunately for me I have a unending string of constitutionally approved cuss words to combat your poor bewildered ass,,, bless your heart,, but not your ass.
I know you can call me names and cuss.

What you can't do is come up with anything to show what I said was wrong.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 15:52   #33
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
I know you can call me names and cuss.

What you can't do is come up with anything to show what I said was wrong.
I'm going to tell you just like I told my 1st wife sleepin' on your stomach to preserve your hairdo only makes it tuff on you when I come home.
__________________
Lasting knowledge is more readily imparted by the laying on of hands.
Miracles can be gained with a kind word,,, even more is gained with a kind word and a gun.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 16:00   #34
legion489
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 6297
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 551
The "Brit Regulars" were often from the Colonies too. Geo. Washington was an officer in the Brit army you know. They were Englishmen (just not born in England generally) and WANTED to REMAIN Englishmen, but the Crown (which we are STILL under, just check your laws and treaties before calling me names please) said you can't have the rights and privileges you are entitled too, no GOD GIVEN INALIENABLE RIGHTS (that means our Maker gave them to us and the gov't didn't, nor can the gov't take them away, no matter what the scum in DC claim) so what are you going to do about it?! One third said "we will leave your country!", one third said "we don't care either way!", one third said "we are Brits and will remain Brits!" There was on 51% willing to fight and die, just 1/3 of the people who wanted a better life for them and theirs. And thems the facts.
legion489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 17:01   #35
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,072
Your inards tell you what you are willing to die for,,, almost no one is willing to die for what they don't believe in,,, at least that has been my expeience as demonstrated to date.
__________________
Lasting knowledge is more readily imparted by the laying on of hands.
Miracles can be gained with a kind word,,, even more is gained with a kind word and a gun.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 18:12   #36
JasonB
Banned
 
FALaholic #: 7430
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 90° N 0° W
Posts: 11,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
I'm going to tell you just like I told my 1st wife sleepin' on your stomach to preserve your hairdo only makes it tuff on you when I come home.
So you think your first wife fell asleep on my stomach?
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 18:49   #37
KoKodog
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 31665
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: on top of a wind swept ridge
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
In my opinion;
A Representative Republc that uses Rules peculiar to the Democratic paradigm as a continuum process is called a Democracy by way of a common genre.
Continuum meaning a progression of values, genre meaning variations common to a given paradigm.

The more correct term might be Democratically elected Representative Republic.

You are right it is confusing, some whose choice of candidate are not elected by majority numbers feel justified in nullifying the Democratic process,,, that's historically been how Democracies disappear into a process not Democratic,,, tyranny or chaos being the most common state of rule when Democracy dies.

first, I do believe some here have missed Martins point and taken it personally and maybe I can help clarify, so before everyone does the dogpile on me take a few moments and think with a clear mind, now bear with me as I try to elaborate ...... and Martin, I'm not trying to take a whiz on your cornflakes either .......

our system is classified as a Representative Republic and we do use a process that is classified as the "Democratic way", but our founding fathers knew that a Democracy was seriously flawed and tried to steer the country to be a Republic, where we govern and are governed by rule of law [I refer you to The Declaration of Independence, paragraph 2, lines two and three] - (That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,)

The current crop (for the most part anyway) in D.C. (thats the district of corruption) and I include the flop eared wonder in the white house ........ they all seem to be of the same conciseness that the country is their own version/vision of a Oligarchy or even a Autocracy and that is the seriously flawed paradigm to which they subscribe

Why else would they claim the Constitution and Bill of Rights to be "just a piece of paper"

the last 100 years +/- a few years, the progressive liberal left has chipped away at the republic that the founding fathers set up here with the Constitution and Bill of Rights, which is often referenced as "Constitutional Law". They have slowly formed the courts to a system of case law so that they can work around the Constitution and Bill of Rights to get what they want. They have also done their best to re-write history so that it reflects their view of what history should be, not what it really is and this can be clearly seen when modern textbooks are compared to the writings of our founding fathers ..........


OK, I can only hope to have helped ........ I'll brace for the dogpile
__________________
Far better it is to dare mighty things,
than to take refuge with those timid spirits
that know neither victory, nor defeat.
Teddy Roosvelt

Pray for peace, but prepare for war.
Winston Churchill
KoKodog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 19:08   #38
JasonB
Banned
 
FALaholic #: 7430
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 90° N 0° W
Posts: 11,128
The usurpation of the 1860s was done by the progressive conservative right and they have done plenty of the same things as the progressive liberal left since then.

Let's see what were they saying way back then....

"guarantee[s] to every State in this Union a Republican form of Government"


"There is no maxim, in my opinion, which is more liable to be misapplied, and which, therefore, more needs elucidation, than the current one, that the interest of the majority is the political standard of right and wrong." - James Madison


“a democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine" - Thomas Jefferson


“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!” - Benjamin Franklin, born on December 13, 1636 or earlier
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 21:42   #39
Wil-C
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 17357
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKodog View Post
first, I do believe some here have missed Martins point and taken it personally and maybe I can help clarify, so before everyone does the dogpile on me take a few moments and think with a clear mind, now bear with me as I try to elaborate ...... and Martin, I'm not trying to take a whiz on your cornflakes either .......

our system is classified as a Representative Republic and we do use a process that is classified as the "Democratic way", but our founding fathers knew that a Democracy was seriously flawed and tried to steer the country to be a Republic, where we govern and are governed by rule of law [I refer you to The Declaration of Independence, paragraph 2, lines two and three] - (That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,)

The current crop (for the most part anyway) in D.C. (thats the district of corruption) and I include the flop eared wonder in the white house ........ they all seem to be of the same conciseness that the country is their own version/vision of a Oligarchy or even a Autocracy and that is the seriously flawed paradigm to which they subscribe

Why else would they claim the Constitution and Bill of Rights to be "just a piece of paper"

the last 100 years +/- a few years, the progressive liberal left has chipped away at the republic that the founding fathers set up here with the Constitution and Bill of Rights, which is often referenced as "Constitutional Law". They have slowly formed the courts to a system of case law so that they can work around the Constitution and Bill of Rights to get what they want. They have also done their best to re-write history so that it reflects their view of what history should be, not what it really is and this can be clearly seen when modern textbooks are compared to the writings of our founding fathers ..........


OK, I can only hope to have helped ........ I'll brace for the dogpile
nix on the dogpile, pretty damned accurate....
__________________
"A gun is a tool" .....Shane.
Wil-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 23:24   #40
Bruce Allen
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 186
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: SC
Posts: 5,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin35 View Post
Unfortunately for me you are entitled to your screwed up opinions.
Fortunately for me I have a unending string of constitutionally approved cuss words to combat your poor bewildered ass,,, bless your heart,, but not your ass.
Stop it Martin.

You are clearly aggrevating the pigs and getting dirty in the process.

You know pigs don't understand much anyway
__________________
You cannot post 'Thou Shalt Not Steal,' 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery,' and 'Thou Shall Not Lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment.
Bruce Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2013, 23:51   #41
martin35
Gringo Viejo
Contributor
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 2939
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Allen View Post
Stop it Martin.

You are clearly aggrevating the pigs and getting dirty in the process.

You know pigs don't understand much anyway
Caint hep myself.
__________________
Lasting knowledge is more readily imparted by the laying on of hands.
Miracles can be gained with a kind word,,, even more is gained with a kind word and a gun.
martin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2013, 02:09   #42
Aeroscout
Unarmed and Unafraid
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67625
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Republic of TEXAS
Posts: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil-C View Post
nix on the dogpile, pretty damned accurate....
Ditto
__________________
To ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth....
Aeroscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2013, 02:27   #43
Aeroscout
Unarmed and Unafraid
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67625
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Republic of TEXAS
Posts: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
The usurpation of the 1860s was done by the progressive conservative right and they have done plenty of the same things as the progressive liberal left since then.

Let's see what were they saying way back then....

"guarantee[s] to every State in this Union a Republican form of Government"


"There is no maxim, in my opinion, which is more liable to be misapplied, and which, therefore, more needs elucidation, than the current one, that the interest of the majority is the political standard of right and wrong." - James Madison


“a democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine" - Thomas Jefferson


“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!” - Benjamin Franklin, born on December 13, 1636 or earlier
What is your point here Jason?.....I must be missing it? As all those examples you list were arguments against "Democracy" and for "Representative Republic" to ensure the rights of the minority....or "anti-mob rule" if you will....Or is that your Point?
__________________
To ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth....
Aeroscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2013, 02:38   #44
Aeroscout
Unarmed and Unafraid
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67625
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Republic of TEXAS
Posts: 1,436
PS....I believe the depth(?) to which most people here are taking this is far beyond the OP's original intent....its not a cerebral exercise....nor does it require one to be anal about it.

Simply stated.....its a satire using historical events wrapped in current events to make a simple statement....

The revolutionary war began when the government came to disarm the people......(Is History trying to repeat itself?).

If you try to read anything more into it than that (or pick it apart) you are just going to hurt yourself by spinning the wheels in your rat cage at a velocity which it was never intended to spin.
__________________
To ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth....

Last edited by Aeroscout; April 28, 2013 at 03:00.
Aeroscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2013, 08:23   #45
JasonB
Banned
 
FALaholic #: 7430
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 90° N 0° W
Posts: 11,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscout View Post
What is your point here Jason?.....I must be missing it? As all those examples you list were arguments against "Democracy" and for "Representative Republic" to ensure the rights of the minority....or "anti-mob rule" if you will....Or is that your Point?
Pointing out that most here support democracy as a way of stripping away liberties.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2013, 08:24   #46
JasonB
Banned
 
FALaholic #: 7430
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 90° N 0° W
Posts: 11,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Allen View Post
Stop it Martin.

You are clearly aggrevating the pigs and getting dirty in the process.

You know pigs don't understand much anyway
We know all about pigs and retired pigs.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2013, 13:56   #47
Aeroscout
Unarmed and Unafraid
Bronze Contributor
 
FALaholic #: 67625
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Republic of TEXAS
Posts: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
Pointing out that most here support democracy as a way of stripping away liberties.
Gotcha.....your opening sentence had me wondering.
__________________
To ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth....
Aeroscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2013, 19:51   #48
garandguy10
Registered
 
garandguy10's Avatar
 
FALaholic #: 10840
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: some where
Posts: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftierson View Post
And without a paddle...

Forrest
Use the butt stock of your assault rifle for a paddle.
garandguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2013, 21:20   #49
Bruce Allen
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 186
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: SC
Posts: 5,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
We know all about pigs and retired pigs.
Hush, boy, the real adults are talking.
__________________
You cannot post 'Thou Shalt Not Steal,' 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery,' and 'Thou Shall Not Lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment.
Bruce Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2013, 22:10   #50
ftierson
Registered
 
FALaholic #: 13827
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 12,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandguy10 View Post
Use the butt stock of your assault rifle for a paddle.
It's a folding skeleton stock...

I'd have to paddle harder than I'd like...

Forrest
ftierson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2012 The FAL Files