Go Back   The FAL Files > Weapon Specific Forums > The FN Files

Notices

Old July 07, 2012, 18:51   #1
TNAndy
Computer Geek
Contributor

FALaholic #: 64986
WTK: Value of FN FNC

I've got a buddy with a pre-ban, Belgian-made, semiauto FNC in 5.56 mm caliber. Stamped into the metal is "Fabrique Nationale Herstal / Made in Belgium / Steyr Secaucus, NJ / CAL. 223 REM Sporter". The serial number is "F.N.018xxx". The barrel measures about 17.5 inches to the end of the flash hider. The stock and grip are black polymer, not wood. It includes the cleaning kit that fits into the grip. We have no idea how much it has been fired, or even if it has been fired at all. A 5.56 bullet will not drop into the muzzle past the spitzer tip. There's an OD green sling attached.

What is the value of the gun only--no magazines? Thanks!
Old July 07, 2012, 19:48   #2
VALMET
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 1826
w/o box, mags, etc. $2.8-3k
Old July 08, 2012, 01:22   #3
FUUN063
Registered

FALaholic #: 35576
I had a similar question. A close friend of mine bought two of these "back in the day" and has recently sold one. Now I know. I think I could buy the other one if I had cash at his house. But, alas, the Indian motocycle bug has bitten once again and I was told today that my chrome plated parts are ready and will be delivered and I will install them on Monday to complete a long term project bike!! No FNC for me this summer.

Leland
FUUN063 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 08, 2012, 02:15   #4
sparkeyboaz
Registered

FALaholic #: 50566
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUUN063 View Post
I had a similar question. A close friend of mine bought two of these "back in the day" and has recently sold one. Now I know. I think I could buy the other one if I had cash at his house. But, alas, the Indian motocycle bug has bitten once again and I was told today that my chrome plated parts are ready and will be delivered and I will install them on Monday to complete a long term project bike!! No FNC for me this summer.

Leland
Hey Leland.
This gives me an idea of what to do with my 1977 Harley Sportster project.
I ought to run a WTT ad in the Marketplace to trade for a Preban FAL!
What do you think?

Back on the O/P subject, a friend of mine had a FN/FNC a while back. 5 or so years ago.. He was needing some cash to keep business afloat. He asked me to help sell it. We put it on Gunbroker and sold it for between $2500 and $2750. I can't really recall. It was far from new but still in good shape. He hated to sell it but was able to keep his Pre ban FN FAL and his business.
Sparkeyboaz
sparkeyboaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 09, 2012, 20:36   #5
FAL Aficianado
Registered

FALaholic #: 66261
Damn guys! I remember when these were going for $399.95 in Shotgun News in the mid-late 80's before the ban. I didn't buy any! I bought my first AR-15 instead.
FAL Aficianado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2012, 17:02   #6
catmguy445
Registered

FALaholic #: 50311
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAL Aficianado View Post
Damn guys! I remember when these were going for $399.95 in Shotgun News in the mid-late 80's before the ban. I didn't buy any! I bought my first AR-15 instead.
You have my sympathy.........well, a little bit, anyway. I did just the opposite. Back in the mid-to-late 80's, I bought an AR-180, an FNC Para, a Daewoo Max II, and a few Mini-14's (to resell the Mini-14's), back when they were all fairly cheap, and still have all of them except the Mini's, which I either sold or traded. I did NOT buy an AR-15.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot, I also bought a Poly Tech Legend AK-47 that I also still have.
Old July 10, 2012, 18:00   #7
MK ULTRA
Curio & Relic
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 2382
Quote:
Originally Posted by catmguy445 View Post
You have my sympathy.........well, a little bit, anyway. I did just the opposite. Back in the mid-to-late 80's, I bought an AR-180, an FNC Para, a Daewoo Max II, and a few Mini-14's (to resell the Mini-14's), back when they were all fairly cheap, and still have all of them except the Mini's, which I either sold or traded. I did NOT buy an AR-15.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot, I also bought a Poly Tech Legend AK-47 that I also still have.
A man with vision. If we had only known.

MK ULTRA.....OUT.....

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Statesman and Inventor: 1759

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.....
MK ULTRA is online now   Reply With Quote