The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > RKBA & Legal

Notices

Old February 20, 2012, 22:47   #1
newfalguy101
Registered

FALaholic #: 6260
Question not sure what to do...

Not sure this is the right place for this but here goes anyway.

First of all, I hold an 01FFL

Back in December I bought a rifle from a guy on GB.

The deal took longer than it should have, but was completed.

Today, a box shows up from the same guy I bought the rifle from.

Lo and behold, inside the box is a singleshot shotgun.

I did NOT buy it, nor make an offer, or even ask about the gun ( he did mention way back in December he was having to sell off his shotgun).

Nor has anybody contacted me about a transfer.

There is NOTHING in the box as far as receipt, or copy of auction page or anything that remotely suggests who the gun actually goes to.

I tried to call the guy using the number provided via Gunbroker, and got nothing, except some blips and static. I called three times, same thing each time.

I sent an e-mail to the guy, and so far ( granted its only been a few hours ) nothing.

Any suggestions how I should proceed??

01 FFL :biggrin:
Transfers $20
orders actual dealer + $50
Clay Center, NE
newfalguy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2012, 14:25   #2
OMR_RDTandE
Low Speed, High Drag
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 4827
Log it into your bound book and wait to see if you get any response to your queries. Document your attempts to contact the owner. There is only so much you can do, with the information you have.

Omar

SOF Truths:
•Humans are more important than Hardware.
•Quality is better than Quantity.
•Special Operations Forces cannot be mass produced.
•Competent Special Operations Forces cannot be created after emergencies occur.
•Most Special Operations require non-SOF assistance.
OMR_RDTandE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2012, 12:33   #3
one hand clapping
Registered

FALaholic #: 35299
Please keep us informed as to what ,if anything comes of this. Quite strange for a firearm to just "show up".
Hopefully not some kind of "set-up". Document well.

My friend reciently got a receiver in for me that only had his shops name, and a copy of the shippers Id, but no contact # or who it was for [ namely me].
Fortunately, I have educated this guy in FALs. It was from his shop I purchased my first SLR ,[and the only one I have ever bought instead of refurbished back to life from a kit or missalanious parts.] At the time he did NOT know a thing about them, other than it was 308- and from "france". Got it for $475.
So when I went in to get my Hipower, he pulled out the box with the reciever and ask if I knew anything bout it.
I can understand that ,as I did send his ffl address to a shipper.
In the OP ,I find it stranger that it just "showed up, and no inquiries have been made, as iin I purchased something and had it sent to your shop for transfer--, nor info as to who its to go to.
one hand clapping is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2012, 18:07   #4
skeeterbay
Veteran Member
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 20461
I am wonder if it might be an elderly gentlemen that may have gotten his wires crossed? It is kind of strange isn't it.

Edited to add: I don't see how it could be any problem for you as long as it get logged in your book. However who the heck wants to store an old single barrel shotgun for someone. To bad it wasn't a Winchester 21.

Ard Choille!
skeeterbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2012, 19:59   #5
newfalguy101
Registered

FALaholic #: 6260
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbay View Post
I am wonder if it might be an elderly gentlemen that may have gotten his wires crossed? It is kind of strange isn't it.

Edited to add: I don't see how it could be any problem for you as long as it get logged in your book. However who the heck wants to store an old single barrel shotgun for someone. To bad it wasn't a Winchester 21.
I dont know about elderly, but, based on my previous dealing with the guy, extremely ignorant when it comes to selling firearms online.

When I bought the guys .308, he sent 18 e-mails asking questions then once he had my money, zero communication, as if he just dropped off the face of the planet, and sat on my money for about 2 weeks before he got around to shipping the gun.

I am sending a certified letter tommorrow letting him know his options.

For what its worth, I have no problem sending the gun back to him, or even forwarding it to the actual buyer ( or the buyers FFL), but, I do have a problem with eating the cost of the shipping

01 FFL :biggrin:
Transfers $20
orders actual dealer + $50
Clay Center, NE
newfalguy101 is offline   Reply With Quote