rochte
Veteran Member
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 16305
*TRADED* WTT nice L1A1 on Imbel

*RIFLE TRADED... THANK YOU FOR THE OFFERS!*

[I currently have this listed on the ARFcom WTT board, too.]

No offers to buy received, so I have switched this back to a trade ad. Outright purchase not currently available. More trade details added just below and description updated.

Looking to trade my L1A1 on an Imbel receiver. Trades could include:

1. 5.56 or other calibre carbines
2. Interesting C&R weapons
3. High quality pistol(s) or revolver(s)

This is an early "Made in Canada" rifle from Century built on an unbranded Imbel receiver (search the forums for detailed discussion of this). It is *not* a Century-manufactured receiver, Hesse or any other garbage. Only the lower and the barrel have the "Canada" import mark and no, it is not one of the sear-cut rifles (though from that same era).

Receiver is cut for top cover ears and they are intact on the cover. Barrel is original L1A1 and flash hider has key. I can't tell if the barrel has been shortened at all - if someone would like to provide me with "correct" L1A1 measurements from the back of the hider to the receiver I will measure this one and add to the post. All furniture is original Brit Maranyl. Entire rifle is in very good condition - it's not a safe queen, but it is in great shape. Takes metric mags only.

This rifle runs like a top - never a problem. Why am I selling? I'm a hobbit-sized person and I think I'm finally done with "big" guns that don't fit me. I have one more FAL that I'll probably keep, but this huge thing has to go. Just traded my PTR for a nice SIG 556, now looking for something to replace this.

Please search for other posts by me here on the 'files for more pics and past discussion of this rifle. I will take more pics in the next day or so and post. You can also look in the previously mentioned "other" site and find my listing there in the "WTT" forum.

I'm ideally looking for a FtF in Michigan (I'm in the Detroit area, but will travel to meet someone elsewhere in the state), but shipping is certainly an option. That's part of what motivated me to list C&Rs as possible trades - I just don't really like the hassle of having to do a transfer through a dealer. For the right offer, though, I would certainly do so. Please reply to me by EMAIL only - rochte@gmail.com. Thanks!

Last edited by rochte; March 10, 2012 at 19:25. Reason: trade completed was: completely updated ad
rochte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2012, 10:21   #2
rochte
Veteran Member
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

I should have said, "prefer Ftf ... but willing to listen to any offers". Cash price removed, only accepting trade offers right now. And yes, I know that the sling is upside down!

Edited to add... I would also consider other trades like a very nice Garand or M1 Carbine, a Swedish Mauser or other unusual C&Rs. Some handguns considered, too (not sure what, but go ahead and try me).

Last edited by rochte; February 20, 2012 at 21:18. Reason: trades added
Old February 20, 2012, 21:19   #3
rochte
Veteran Member
Contributor
Bronze Contributor

Ad thoroughly updated. BTT.