The FAL Files  

Go Back   The FAL Files > General Information > Suggestions and Technical Support

Notices

Old November 13, 2014, 17:14   #1
hueyville
Old, Ugly & Mean
Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Please delete some posts

I segwayed off topic in Medical Kit thread and it snowballed. I deleted my worst offense but if DrNutz and gunplumber don't mind, how about an administrator deleting my edited post that started the mess and follow up ensuing suggestions and spankings to clean up topic.

I realize I am new here. I lurked a couple weeks before joining, liked the info and personalities so joined. My first post was an appropriate introduction and I quickly increased my posting. I am verbose, opinionated and very detail oriented. Makes me good at my work but is often over the top for many folk. I am learning the boards accepted methods slowly and trying to apply advice given by members whos opinions bear consideration. My goal is to give helpful information when can while learning aboit the complexity of the FN culture.

Am trying to self edit a little more but sometimes my nature to make sure all bases are covered will still revert to long posts. Several have thanked me for information provided. Several have trashed me for writing too much. I made a donation to help cover for the extra bandwidth I have burned and will ante up again next year. When advised respectfully to modify my posts will do my best to be considerate. But when some posts are too wordy for some, they are not obligated to read. I am going to try and assimilate into the collective but may not be able to please all. Thanx.
Old November 13, 2014, 17:21   #2
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
you can delete any of your posts, any time, up to when the thread is locked. If you are the first poster, the entire thread is deleted. Such as Csktcrw does when he's getting spanked.
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2014, 17:25   #3
Invictus77
"The Colonel"
Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyville View Post
I segwayed off topic in Medical Kit thread and it snowballed. I deleted my worst offense but if DrNutz and gunplumber don't mind, how about an administrator deleting my edited post that started the mess and follow up ensuing suggestions and spankings to clean up topic.

I realize I am new here. I lurked a couple weeks before joining, liked the info and personalities so joined. My first post was an appropriate introduction and I quickly increased my posting. I am verbose, opinionated and very detail oriented. Makes me good at my work but is often over the top for many folk. I am learning the boards accepted methods slowly and trying to apply advice given by members whos opinions bear consideration. My goal is to give helpful information when can while learning aboit the complexity of the FN culture.

Am trying to self edit a little more but sometimes my nature to make sure all bases are covered will still revert to long posts. Several have thanked me for "information provided. Several have trashed me for writing too much. I made a donation to help cover for the extra bandwidth I have burned and will ante up again next year. When advised respectfully to modify my posts will do my best to be considerate. But when some posts are too wordy for some, they are not obligated to read. I am going to try and assimilate into the collective but may not be able to please all. Thanx.
Much like you I am fairly new and also quite opinionated on some topics. I am also trying to work between my be good to others "assimilating" side and my "F**k 'em and feed 'em fish heads" attitude which rears up at times.

IMHO-You are a great addition to the group and I enjoy your posts, both long and short. From what I have seen out of you, you are a good man to have onboard. If I have not said it before...welcome hueyville!
Old November 13, 2014, 17:30   #4
gunplumber
Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 96
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I like your posts too. And who cares if a general discussion goes way off topic. But certain posts are reference/data collections, and if particularly useful, get tagged as a sticky and remain at the top of that subforum. In my opinion, those should stick to the topic.
gunplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2014, 17:36   #5
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
Haven't read the thread in question but I would just add some general thoughts.

I can appreciate that, after some reassessing, soul searching, or just plain second thoughts, a poster would like to alter or delete some posts. I've done it myself. However, generally I wouldn't worry too much about it. This is one place where the group is pretty accepting. You may get spanked, or hurt some feelings or piss someone off, but by and large that won't define who you are on the board - at least not for too long

If you feel like you have offended or misjudged someone, a simple but sincere apology goes a long way - again something that I have done when I felt appropriate and the worst penance is usually three dieudonnes, thre hail Saives, and a mag dump or two and all is forgiven.

We all get fired up on occasion, but appearances sometimes to the contrary, most here are pretty grown up and understand it when it happens. I think most of us appreciate it when someone acknowledges their own "oops".

Now, STFU, noob

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2014, 18:30   #6
hueyville
Old, Ugly & Mean
Contributor

FALaholic #: 74557
Most discussion boards I have used didnt allow deleting threads and posts except by moderator. Am going to delete off topic posts in Med Kits. May make gunplumber and DrNutz replies look odd.

gunplumber
thus far all advice rendered has been appreciated and taken into full consideration. Enjoy banter with people that can not get all whacked out when doing so. You crack me up when sticking it to some of the peanut gallery.
Old November 13, 2014, 18:34   #7
meltblown
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 34604
Drinking posts sometime may need a little fixing up the next morning.

Patty Hearst
heard the burst
of Roland's Thompson Gun
And bought it. WZ
meltblown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2014, 19:03   #8
J. Armstrong
Minister of Amusement
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 13629
IIRC, if you are the originator of a thread, you can go to thread tools and delete, it will remove the entire thread.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

I respect the government only in the sense that I respect any other dangerous predator who views me as food.

Last edited by J. Armstrong; November 13, 2014 at 19:09.
J. Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2014, 01:08   #9
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 216
FFS.....this is sounding more like an old woman's knitting club... I don't want to see civility and olive branches... I want to see someone getting told to FOAD and another posting a drunken rant that ends in an offer to meet in a car park or private "dojo" or some such shyte.... stop being bloody grown ups will you.....

(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2014, 06:59   #10
Invictus77
"The Colonel"
Contributor

FALaholic #: 74205
Bugger off you bloody wanker or I will smack you with an olive branch the next time I am there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy the Aussie View Post
FFS.....this is sounding more like an old woman's knitting club... I don't want to see civility and olive branches... I want to see someone getting told to FOAD and another posting a drunken rant that ends in an offer to meet in a car park or private "dojo" or some such shyte.... stop being bloody grown ups will you.....
Old November 14, 2014, 08:59   #11
W.E.G.
FAL Files Administrator
Silver Contributor

FALaholic #: 1211
Most of us can't remember what we said from one minute to the next.

Let alone what "some guy on the Internet said."

We'll just start the same thread over again.

Now, about that business of reloading 9mm, and spending range time shooting 5.45....

Ask me about the Mason-Dixon FAL Collectors Association.
W.E.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2014, 10:47   #12
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy the Aussie View Post
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2014, 02:15   #13
Andy the Aussie
Dinosaur
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 216
Much better ladies much better...!!!

Invictus .... I know of a deep hole near Singleton where you could wind up if you try....

(Jiminy Christmas, did I just recommend a 'yota?!!??)
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2014, 20:44   #14
ALL FAL
Registered
Contributor

FALaholic #: 24447
I like your post's Hueyville , factual and to the point with a ton of good information, keep it up.
Old November 20, 2014, 05:16   #15
TOWS220
Registered

FALaholic #: 51208
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.G. View Post
Most of us can't remember what we said from one minute to the next.

Let alone what "some guy on the Internet said."

We'll just start the same thread over again.

Now, about that business of reloading 9mm, and spending range time shooting 5.45....
Use cast bullets?