Go Back   The FAL Files > News & Political Discussion > RKBA & Legal

Notices

Old October 04, 2011, 09:51   #1
Story
Registered

FALaholic #: 7638
Eric Holder caught in F&F lie

Quote:
WASHINGTON - New documents obtained by CBS News* show Attorney General Eric Holder was sent briefings on the controversial Fast and Furious operation as far back as July 2010. That directly contradicts his statement to Congress.

On May 3, 2011, Holder told a Judiciary Committee hearing, "I'm not sure of the exact date, but I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_16...-10391695.html

* Holy Crap, the MSM is turning on Holder.
Story is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2011, 09:58   #2
Thorack
Acquisition Corp Dude
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 748
Well,

As much as I'd like see this lead to some prosecutions the most that will happen is that AG Holder leaves/steps down/retires and some other Pres Obama sychophant will take the office. Its about the most we can hope for. Pres Obama has to much wrapped up in Justice to let it go to someone impartial.

Thorack

2. Never let Doctors cut on you unless its life or death and ALWAYS get a second opinion.
Thorack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2011, 12:09   #3
Beckman
Registered

FALaholic #: 16308
Re: Eric Holder caught in F&F lie

Quote:
Originally posted by Story
* Holy Crap, the MSM is turning on Holder.
Well, not exactly. Bob Owens at Pajamasmedia is a progun reporter/commentator who's been covering the story for a long time now. In yesterday's column, he states that:

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/gunwalk...-and-finished/
Quote:
Sharyl Attkisson of CBS News and William LaJeunesse of Fox News have been the only mainstream media reporters diligently working on the most important scandal in White House history...
So, other than FOX, that one reporter at CBS is, for all practical purposes, the extent of the MSM's in-depth coverage of this scandal.

Owens also had this to say about how Holder's perjury might be punished:
Quote:
It will be very interesting to see if the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has the ability or interest to imprison a sitting attorney general for contempt of Congress, which would in and of itself bring up a question of separation of powers, as it would require Congress having the U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia attempting to arrest and imprison a member of the executive branch. This is more than likely a moot point, however, as Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa expressed in a conference call with new media representatives that he would call for the appointment of an independent special prosecutor, who would be given the power to pursue criminal charges that carry a much longer prison sentence than the maximum one year that Congress may impose for contempt.
The issue of a special prosecutor might also be a moot point, too, as an investigation might last longer than Obama's one-term presidency (assuming that he isn't re-elected).
Beckman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2011, 13:08   #4
V guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 10282
Senator Grassley today called for a Special Prosecutor to be appointed, due to the lies.

Grassley also said that the administration is working as fast as it can to cover up all the wrongdoing. What would you expect?

Congressman Issa is also calling for the Special Prosecutor, and Congressman are signing up in support.

I called my Congressman today to tell him to belly up and vote for anything that will expedite this.

This is like a cannonball rolling down a hill.
Everyone knows what happened and is just lining up the witnesses and papers for the process.

DOJ cannot investigate itself and what it is doing to fight this process is actually criminal.
Remember that when they went after Scooter Libby, it was balls to the wall to do so.

Call your Congressman to encourage him to vote for the special prosecutor on Fast and Furious, and Holder lying to Congress.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2011, 19:51   #5
Beckman
Registered

FALaholic #: 16308
One of the many disgusting aspects of the F&F scandal is the way the MSM has been censoring the story. The CBS news reporter who wrote the above story, Sharyl Attkisson, claimed on the Laura Ingraham Show that she was berated by individuals at the White House for her reporting about the scandal.

Apparently, Team Obama gets very angry when any big player in the MSM dares to report something that is off-script and/or critical of Obama.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...us_595011.html
Here's what Sharyl Attkisson of CBS had to say about how the WH tried to intimidate her:
Quote:
[The White House and Justice Department] will tell you that I'm the only reporter--as they told me--that is not reasonable. They say the Washington Post is reasonable, the LA Times is reasonable, the New York Times is reasonable, I'm the only one who thinks this is a story, and they think I'm unfair and biased by pursuing it.
Beckman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2011, 21:09   #6
cpd109
Registered

FALaholic #: 30668
It's so sad when the top cop of the country gets caught in a lie. Interesting to watch, but sad.
cpd109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2011, 21:53   #7
Abominog
Old Fart
Gold Contributor

FALaholic #: 372
Wait a minute....I'm trying to act surprised.....nope, can't do it.

I WILL be surprised if Holder suffers any public repercussions.
They will live a long time, these men of the South Pacific. They, like their victories, will be remembered as long as our generation lives. Longer and longer shadows will obscure them, until their Guadalcanal sounds distant on the ear like Shiloh and Valley Forge. --- Michener, Tales of the South Pacific

Tempus Edax Rerum
Abominog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 04, 2011, 22:25   #8
Story
Registered

When in doubt, blame the previous administration
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/world/5...stice.html.csp
Old October 04, 2011, 22:53   #9
RG Coburn
Registered

FALaholic #: 27406
This is a felony....right?
RG Coburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2011, 05:43   #10
cpd109
Registered

FALaholic #: 30668
I had read in another place (no link- can't remember where I read it) that Holder will leave Team Barry before the election. This could be why, or used as a reason to leave.
Waiting to see.
cpd109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 05, 2011, 10:45   #11
littlehoot
Registered

FALaholic #: 11432
Quote:
Originally posted by V guy

This is like a cannonball rolling down a hill.

cannonballs rolling downhill are like bandwagons, either get on or get out of the way... i expect to see lots of congresscritters doing one or the other...
Old October 05, 2011, 11:41   #12
V guy
Registered

FALaholic #: 10282
There will be Special Prosecutors appointed for F&F AND Solyndra.

Like during the last Congress,many dems will go along to get rid of the "problem".

The famous quotes:
"What did he know and when did he know it"
AND
"No one is above the Law." are being dusted off, just for the man from Kenya.

Hillary and Bill are waiting to return in a triumphant victory parade down Constitution Ave, walking on the memory of the 2nd black president.

Call your Congressman and tell him you want him to vote for the Special Prosecutors, if you want to "reach out and touch someone," where it really hurts.
V guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 06, 2011, 07:11   #13
Story
Registered

Yesterday, CBS News investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson told radio show host Laura Ingraham that the White House yelled and swore at her over her reporting on the Fast and Furious gunrunning scandal tied to the deaths of two U.S. law enforcement agents. Attkisson also revealed that she'd also been yelled at by the Justice Department.
Today, I called CBS News in an attempt to interview Attkisson. I was told by CBS News senior vice president of communications Sonya McNair that Attkisson would be unavailable for interviews all week. When I asked why Attkisson would be unavailable, McNair would not say.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...re_595068.html